Can someone explain why you guys didnt just buy in 2014-2016 instead of waiting until q4 2017 or 2018 and investing...

can someone explain why you guys didnt just buy in 2014-2016 instead of waiting until q4 2017 or 2018 and investing with people like pic related.

Why did you guys wait until katy perry was and paris hilton were making instagram tweets before getting in? are you stupid or what?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 22.03.13.png (552x566, 505K)

Stupid and cowardly

I guess I just like Katy Perry

complete lack of awareness of the project

No money. Just happened to have money at that point.

I guess it's hard to invest in something you don't even know exists lol. For most people 2017 was the first time they heard about cryptos (other than bitcoin maybe).

i'm just here to make frens

I didn't and still don't understand how to buy bitcoin. (other than going on craigslist)
I heard about bitcoin when it was 50 bucks and knew it was something special. But I'm too stupid.

At that time I didn't want to send my identity to a shady Japanese exchange that got hacked anyway.

I did buy in 2013-2016 tho

Because I had shitposting to do on /b/ and Jow Forums and didn't know you faggots were doing this over here, I was lucky those got in mid October after link crashed, so was not to bad for me

I didn't buy in 2014-2016, because I bought in 2011-2014

>instagram tweets

Errr, 2011-2013 rather.

im not talking to you faggots. im talking about the jahwarriah23 retards that bought literally at the same time as the retarded zoomer youtubers bought in.

i bought in 2015 as well.

Retard thinks he would have held for years. Only a small fraction of people did that

Yeah I'm actually curious as well. I told people about it years ago, but they only started giving a shit once it was super hyped.

Well I tried to mine ETH in 2015 and couldn't figured it out and didn't bother trying to read how to make it work. I just downloaded the miner and ran it pointed at no address and so it wouldn't rune and I was dumb as fuck.

I just needed to edit a text file and it's so sad that I was so impatient to just fucking read for 2 seconds.

>Well I tried to mine ETH in 2015 and couldn't figured it out
so its because your stupid?

Impatient is more like it, but that is certainly a kind of idiocy. I went on to get a double major with honors in computer science and mathematics and am finishing a PhD in math.

Stupid and smart are strange things.

Known since 2011 but memed it as a nothingburger
Comfort myself I would've exited at x10 anyway
Still made good gains from April to December so not salty about it

This. I'd heard about it from the silk road bust, a few libertarians on campus, and even knew a guy mining dogecoin in 2013 but never cared enough to actually learn about what crypto was until Ethereum blew up last year.

I heard about BTC/crypto pretty early but until early 2016 I thought of them as currencies, not as investment vehicles. Started doing a ton of research because most people thought it was at that time. Ended up buying in mid 2016. Wish I had bought earlier, but I don't blame myself for wanting to do my own research before putting my money into extremely speculative investments.

Most people who got in somewhat early were lucky in my opinion (including myself). It's easy now to say "why didn't you invest, it was the most obvious investment lolz", but if BTC had tanked everyone would have been laughing at the people who bought BTC at $1k. Now people are laughing at the normies who bought at 10k, but if BTC (theoratically) goes to 100k people will be laughing at the "idiots" who didn't buy or sold during this bear market. People tend to be too result oriented when it comes to investing.

Most people thought it was a scam at that time*

This. Someone I knew told me to buy Ethereum back in May and I was like uh ok and just did. Then once I researched things I got obsessed like everyone here (but our obsession is because we want to make money, not muh tech).

I heard about Bitcoin one other time about 2 years ago in a thread but of course people called it a scam and not backed by anything. I only read a few replies and didn't think much about it again. I didn't even know what it was.

Tech is a meme, can't handle the demands, at least not yet
As far as erh goes, its killer app was securities fraud, nothing else

I'm a retard and should kms

Attached: 1508116735413.png (403x448, 53K)

Yes we have no money, but can pump a coin with a few 100k no problem when fomo breaks out hahahahaha dickhead.

ditto. i actually bought ethereum in early 2017 right before the bullrun and independent of price, i didn't even look at a chart. i read an article on it, researched the tech and was immediately convinced by the value proposition
if only i had heard of it one year earlier... most obvious asymmetrical investment of the century. bitcoin was a gamble, but ethereum was as obvious a moonshot as it ever gets

I didn't buy in Q4 2017 but I was still late to the party for the following reasons:
>know about BTC from Jow Forums back in like 2010
>do some mining
>muh electricity cost and heat, fuck this
>it will never catch on anyway
>hear about BTC going to 1000$
>cool, but probably it's still a fad
>hear about Ethereum and these ICOs
>wtf are ICOs? start researching
>so they are like IPOs without the legal hurdles, seems like a recipe for scams to me (not wrong unironically)
>continue to ignore the crypto market
>hear about Stratis and Lisk
>wait, these are platforms that people can use to build dapps on? HOLY SHIT THIS IS BIG
>jump into crypto
>realize most of it is vaporware but I made some nice money
>here I am today just riding the waves
>mfw I could have done the same shit years earlier and made fucktons of more money

TL/DR: got drawn in by fundamentals but realized it's mostly memes. Decided to stay and milk it while it lasts.

Attached: 123214241512.png (200x200, 91K)

But i did buy in 2013
And sold in 2015
and rebought in 2017
and sold january 2018

Attached: 1534032768726.jpg (1024x958, 79K)

Naisu

Bought ETH in mid 2016, Zilliqa is the same story all over again, or at least has the best chance to replicate that.

nah, i could've had 400k profit, now i only have 40k

To put things into perspective, that's 2y of good gross income in central europe, and you'll never nail the top anyway
I only 10x but am thankful for every satoshi cashed out