Algorithmic Trading

Forget crypto, why aren't you writing a script that algorithmically trades forex?

Attached: pear.png (59x93, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4222788-acadia-healthcare-scary-findings-14-month-investigation)
pastebin.com/1m5y1Fq1
the-eye.eu/public/Books/qt.vidyagam.es/library/The Actually Useful Programming Library/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

great idea

I don't even know what a forex is nigga

how to write scripts?

But I will. I'm applying to two sigma, D.E. Shaw, Optiver, Renaissance etc. after grad school.

you wear it on your wrist

Jow Forums

Good luck!

Forex is fucking stupid and so are you

I love algo trading. Loom into Quantopian or PyAlgoTrade.

However, nothing beats spotting market miss-pricing via fundamental / macro analysis or even participating in the PE/VC process (not for autists though)

Ability to research (seekingalpha.com/article/4222788-acadia-healthcare-scary-findings-14-month-investigation) beats quants. Renaissance is exception. Also there is a fun in understanding underlying business / macro / competitive advantages / finding anomalies etc. And whatever EMT-fags say, market anomalies do exist as we are not just a profit-maximising rational agents (behavioural finance rocks)

OK what site you all using forex trading?

The problem with algo trading is the short shelf life of any algo. Some can net a very big profit, for a short while, before starting to lose money.

And you'll never, ever beat a company that hires 40 math phd holders that slave away trying to find that edge using algorithms.

The best way for retailers, in my opinion, is make it semi automatic. How I traded before the EU fucked me over with their lowered margins (only ever held small account and spend the money I made stupidly) was have a bunch of bots try to copy my strategies. Give me signals for when certain requirements are met so that I could then do a check myself. You'll notice how often your trading bot would've made a bad call. I managed about an 80% return over almost a year till the EU changed the margin rules. I also traded way to high of a leverage.

Now I'm saving up to try with a way bigger bank.

Attached: 1542978887286.png (610x764, 337K)

>Forget crypto, why aren't you writing a script that algorithmically trades forex?

FOXT already did this. Using their algo soon to capitalize on this.

Satan knows.

I'd be happy to invest my time into learning trading if I knew what to trade and has some guarantee that after putting a few years worth of spare time would yield good results

Experience is everything. Learning the fundamentals is easy, there are more than enough resources. But you will not learn how to be profitable by others teachings. You need to step into the market. And you need to lose money. Also only use a demo account to learn how to make orders, never to learn how to trade because you will trade completely different from real money. Money management is everything and on a demo account all that flies out the window. Start a micro account if needed.

Oanda because it lets me trade with

>why aren't you writing a script that algorithmically trades forex?
B/c 99.9% of this board is to dumb, me included

Just learn about carry OP

look at this man's id

Attached: d76.jpg (700x505, 40K)

yeah, it's impossible to make a profit with a fully automatic system because so many multi billion dollar companies are playing the same game. semi automatic is the only choice because there is no company that does this! not a single one.

Trading is why most on here are rekd. Fucking buy cheap projects with long term potential and shut the fuck up for a few years.

In progress. Very slow progress tho. Don't choose c++ for your bot.

For those interested in starting:
Jow Forums and /sci/ recommendations for further readings on Artificial Intelligence for those who are interested.
>pastebin.com/1m5y1Fq1

The Actually Useful Programming Library (4.00 GiB)
Direct Download:
>the-eye.eu/public/Books/qt.vidyagam.es/library/The Actually Useful Programming Library/
Torrent:
>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1c96091e3b229abda96a846a1363a69b7cef72be&dn=The%20Actually%20Useful%20Programming%20Library

credits to anons at /t/:

This. If you’re talented enough to consistently make fully automatic algos that can outperform risk adjusted then you shouldn’t (and most likely aren’t) just tradings with your own money. I’m sure most of you guys have no idea just how much it takes to bear the market in the long run. And no, your sample size is most likely not statistically significant.

>Don't choose c++
No.