/entg/ - Entrepreneurship General

The last thread died in less than 2 hours edition...

Post Your Status Update, Plans, Questions, and Progress about taking action and controlling your own destiny. And try to keep this ho bumped once an hour.

Attached: PpCOvr7.jpg (1280x1922, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Negotiating a large retainer upscaling (5x the work, 4x the pay) tomorrow morning.

Planning to take over complete content and marketing strategy control:
>value ladder
>funnel model
>parallel social media strategies
>content creation and curation across all platforms
>analytics and conversion optimization
>split-testing
>research and data collection
>lead generation for multiple offers
>call scheduling
>automation of the above

Etc. etc.

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

>Status
Lazy, but optimistic.
>Plans
Get my family's business re-insured and licensed so we can take on more work.
>Questions
Whats the best way for artists to get paid through besides paypal or stripe?
>Progress
working on a flyer for the family business to hand out.

>greentexting
oh hey that worked out. Maybe we can do something like that for future entg threads.

What is your family's business? Payment... I'm not sure, but do you have a contract? Are you the artist?

Good luck DRC, you deserve it :)

>Whats the best way for artists to get paid through besides paypal or stripe?
Regular bank transfer.
There's really no good way around it - with PayPal, anyone can just run a chargeback, and you're fucked.

The alternative is to just get a check and wait two weeks for it to clear fully (which is important).
Doesn't seem like a big deal, considering that most art takes a long time to actually complete.

Bump

Currently saving and investing money to leverage when I start my business. Possibly an electrical business, maybe something I can grow faster.

The question isn't what the deliverable is (aside from edge cases) - the question is, how many customers can you get through the door on the regular?

its an office cleaning business, we used to have a lot of offices, but we lost a lot of business when 2008 hit.
I am an artist yeah, don't work for a company just looking to do some freelance work.

I always figured a regular bank transfer was more difficult, but I havn't looked into it maybe its not so bad. and yeah thats kinda why I want to avoid paypal. Maybe I could do it through my credit union? thanks DRC

Generally, you'll want something SECURE and RELIABLE first. Yes, speed is nice, but what good is speed if your customer gets flakey and runs a chargeback?

Also, get paid up-front. You're creating (presumably) custom, commissioned work for people. You need proper protection to make sure that you get paid for work you do regardless of whether it's to your customers liking (it MUST BE UP TO SPECIFICATION HOWEVER).

Also, obviously, contracts. You need good contracts.

Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U

I don't remember much from an art class I took. I might have to revisit. But there are ways to structure a contract as a freelance artist. If you make art for another business, you can sell copyrights/total control to them for a higher price. What would you rate your skill level at? An honest assessment.

Currently in the process of getting into the musical instruments business, made a few guitars and effect pedals. Not sure where I'd go to pass resale websites/social media ads

Hit up 'influencers', send some freebies to people who'll be likely to share it, start an instagram, make a youtube channel that shows how you build things, how you solve problems, why each material is important and different, etc.

thanks user
my skill level is below average to be honest, but I used to be much better, I went two years without drawing so this past year I have been trying to get back into the swing of things. while my skill is not that great at the moment I do have above average knowledge in the area. unfortunately for me I skipped the class on art business. :/
I did take alot of marketing and entrepreneurial classes, but those classes were more focused on working for or starting a business than doing freelance work or contracts.

definitely, also great vid!

Im about to send out my first couple freebies to 'influencers' and hopefully I can get some sales. The pedals only cost about $8 to make so it's no big deal anyway. YT channel is a pretty good idea too, didn't think of that

Impressive. I have a colleague, Frank, from Integration Tactics & Analytics at our Midwest office who could provide you some solutions consult work if you are interested. I'll leave you my card.

Attached: 30yearoldboomersrexecutive.png (806x595, 173K)

>Status
Working in CCTV and intercom industry
>Plans
Quiting this job on Monday and starting a website for reselling brand cloths
>Questions
How to spot fake brandings?
Progress
???

let's get a bump in!!!

Crypto sucks

Wheres bionic fag. Did his unemployment lead to deppression setting in?

damn :( hope he's okay

i agree i think i pissed away reading 2 hours of "news." What a tremendous waste of time.

4channel pg 9 bump

Any anons have experience with party or event venues?

Bump from page 5.

Im currently making around 20k a month dropshipping from aliexpress on my Shopify store.

Nice, tell me more.

That’s rad dude. Definitely make an IG and post a lot of things similar to how Fender posts stuff. Also what another user said- freebies to influencers who can get featured on artist hub pages like Pickup_. You’ll definitely need to focus on the image and branding of your stuff since looks matter in that industry

Get into making furry art. Not even joking. Pic related

Attached: D7473237-F6A0-4DD6-ACD7-783DB8BFA97E.jpg (1242x1820, 305K)

How you do your marketing reserach and targeting ?

yeah furry art can make you bukoos of money, I've seen shit artists do well with it. for me its the last resort.

pics