Work eight hours a day

>work eight hours a day
>come home
>wake up and do it again the next day
>repeat for 40 years
>when you finally have the money and free time to travel the world and do what you want to, youre too old to fully take advantage of it

working a job for 40 years and then retiring at 65+ can’t be what we were put on this earth to do

Attached: 77D21A6B-5465-4A6F-B25C-49F548E16E42.jpg (994x745, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44f-Bx5AXLU
ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Housing_statistics#Housing_affordability
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Living to 65
>Not sucking on a new prolapsed anus every night

No wonder you're sad

Wouldn't be bad if jobs paid decent but they all conspire to keep everyone working poor

>get lonely
>marry thot
>she divorces for a richer Chad but never marries bc your alimony
>never have the money or time
>she won't die
>waiting for death
>on the way to work
>millennial faggot boss whining about his crypto wallet

Attached: 1537891974863.png (746x565, 453K)

ok, so what's the alternative.

Situation: You start with 0$ and a place to live, while rent is due 1000$ in 1 month. Every month from now.

Show me your masterplan Jow Forums

If you had money you wouldn’t have to be a slave anymore

Kill landlord

Hustle.
Specifically - I worked as an engineer and in between helping parents and sharing expenses there just wasn't enough money (HCOL). Literally started an Amazon business, which only got 5k a year, fucking nothing, BUT I learned. Now Im working on a software product after hours

but those side hustles are never a guarantee

That's why you do well in school and get a comfy job

No shit f aggot, it also ruins your health because you're working 16h/day.

Welcome to 2018

If you work out, you can remain functional well into your 70s and beyond.

Also, never put yourself into a position to be financially fucked by a woman.

Yeah I make $22/hr and it's just barley enough for a single guy with no kids I feel at $30/hr it will be just right

This is why I hold a 25k stack of link with iron hands until we reach 1k
Then I can enjoy life

Spent 5 years traveling the world surfing drinking fuckin hookers like a degenerate Indiana Jones, then went to school. Continued travelling for 2 more years doing the same. I win.

>listen to podcast
>eddie bravo made 4k a month being a stripclub dj
>tfw went to top 10 university and make less than that

Our generation is so fucking assraped

Lol don't study arts faggot prolapse sucker.

>tfw 25 and making 91k/yr

same, except:
I make $30/hr and it's just barley enough for a single guy with no kids I feel at $50/hr it will be just right

Have you idiots ever heard of paid vacation time? Not every job is McDonalds.

Depends where you live.

But yes, I can basically take two 3 week vacations per year. Not bad.

>working a job for 40 years and then retiring at 65+ can’t be what we were put on this earth to do
You're right, it's what suckers like you were put on this earth to do.

Find cheaper way to live. Possibly share living space with other people.

You work 5 days a week and get drunk weekends then at 67(soon 70-75) retirement age you will have one good week of your life before joining the famous "Pattaya Flying Club"

youtube.com/watch?v=44f-Bx5AXLU

Attached: 1503070900448.jpg (440x410, 25K)

I am in a similar boat.
I make $60/hr and it's just barley enough for a single guy with no kids I feel at $120/hr it will be just right.

>work eight hours a day
>come home
>don't invest in shitcoins like half the mongoloids on this board
>save money and invest in small stocks
>travel on low-budget airlines
>sell myself for shelter
>buy food from supermarkets to cook myself
>travel the world
>do work that I like doing
>retire at 50 cause not financially illiterate

That's why you get a good job instead of working at McDonalds like a stinking pleb

I feel the same way. I am a little bitch who can't comfortably live off $80k+ salary without any responsibilities, but I feel I'll be alright at some other arbitrary number.

wtf is this dystopian nightmare.. do normies really enjoy this

muh travel
usually the first symptom of mental disintegration
coping by travelling is short lived fren

you only need like $2k to travel dumbass. i've been to 9 countries so far

>retiring at 65?
Retirement age is 67 user and will probably go up to 68-70 by the time you retire. The standard wagecuck length will be 50 years now, not 40. See you get into the labor force at 18 on average, and work 50 years before (((they))) let you enjoy your time here on Earth.

share your magic

we werent "put on this earth" to do anything

It’s not traveling, it’s having the freedom to travel and pursue your interests only once you’re too old to maximize the opportunity.

You are just bitter and uncultured

>Thinking you've 'made it' because you plan on retiring by 50 with shit life experiences
>Not just being born rich
Poorfags, everyone

Bitter yes, but as 30yo boomer, I have traveled more than you ever will. I speak 4 languages fluently so if uncultured equals uprooted no-culture faggot then you may be right.
Having no home sucks desu.
Hiking in mountains or riding a bike in the forest is comfier than visiting some streetshitting pajeet temple.
Maybe not for you, but then you have to go back.

In the UK they're already rumbling about putting it up into the 70s...

My boss had to carry a bloke in his 60s out of the building to his wife's car, as his back had gone. People are still working old, competing with 18 year olds, but not doing so healthily.

Another dude died 1 year after retiring. Depressing.

kek
this is the 2nd time i've observed this anecdote
> muh bos carry 60 yo wageslave to his wifes car
> back gone despite being office wagie

Probably because you look in these sort of threads m8.

If you work in an office you see this happening everywhere, old blokes still working, but falling to bits, then die a year or two after retirement, or just constantly in hospital.

They're the unlucky ones. My grandparents retired in their 50s.

Military

What did people do.... even 100 years ago that was so different? Just suck it up and get a job.

t. salty that he can't afford to travel every year

ITT, another retard opens his mouth... read this, retardo:

This US military is welfare program for poor people and for multibilionaire companies. Just learn a useful skill there instead be a cannon folder. Even if you never have been in a combat zone you will get veteran benefits and prestige.

If money got you a family working jobs wouldn't be that bad.

At least you have something to work for. Roasties don't care about families anymore though. They also don't care about money, they only care about looks.

I work 80 hours and I'm ok with it. 2 years now. I go to the gym too and sleep 7 to 10 hours per day.

There is a way out...

Attached: 1430301043070.gif (305x320, 980K)

Welcome to hell, OP

Attached: 12414.png (278x271, 89K)

You are helping increase worldwide gdp and business productivity and help people keep doing what they want to do. That is the meaning of life.

the solution is right in front of you

Attached: chainlink.png (200x200, 7K)

hahaha... me too user. me too

Checked
I make $150/hr and it's barley enough for a single guy with kids I feel at $200/hr it will be just right.

Until you divorce, then its back to 22 or whatever

>Travel the world

Wahhh literal first world problems. Guess what you faggot your ancestors spent hundreds of years in the same little village incesting with each other never leaving the confines of their community. Get used to it, you're not a baby boomer or a rich elite so act like it and accept your lot in life which is mediocrity just like 95 percent of humans on Earth

The meaning of life is supporting capitalism? rofl
You're making communism sound tempting

I know a research clinical oncologist who works as consulltant. 4 days / week. 320K per annum.

They are no better sustainable jobs than being MDs / Clinical Researcher on a niche, even though it takes lots of investment - time and money. And there is a myth of doctors being stressed out. Some of them are especially if you are retarded enough to select Surgery. But many of them has comfy jobs. Fucking hate those trendy AGILE methodologies and frameworks my IT shop keeps pushing for.

Travel obsession is the easy way out for uninteresting people. There is nothing unique or fascinating about travel anymore. Everyone does it-you're not exploring new ground. I guess it's cool to go to Japan and tower over those little blackheaded ant people with your superior 5'8 stature but in the end if I want to go alpha Azn men I would just take a walk into the nearest metropolitan area and bully the MIT students.

you're right

Attached: eth.png (1200x1200, 24K)

what did you study at this top 10 university

Paying 1k rent, burgers truly are cucked

>>repeat for 40 years
>>when you finally have the money and free time to travel the world and do what you want to, youre too old to fully take advantage of it

Why are you not having a family and a wife.

Travel the world and do what you want is a meme.

>US military is welfare program for poor people
Affirmative action spots.

oilfield.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Except a pretty average salary of $40-$50k translates into $2.5-3k a month after tax.

Take mini retirements. You can travel the world for 6+ months with about $20k if you know what you're doing. I did it a few years ago and planning to do it again next year.

I know that feel
I make $200/hr and it's barley enough for a single guy with kids I feel at $350/hr it will be just right.

>he thinks having 40% of your net income going to rent is OK

like the user said, you burgers truly are cucked

So make more money?

>There is nothing unique or fascinating about travel anymore
So because others have done it it's not worth experiencing for yourself? What a sad way to live. I agree the #wanderlust travel thots have made it look less appealing with their cringe nonstop instagram posting but you can always leave your phone at home.

lol this have fun you stupid wagies . i get a pension for life after 20 years .

I haven't been on vacation since my parents sent me to Maui for two weeks when I was 19. That was over 14 years ago, and I've been working or going to school the whole time.
What is the purpose of this life?

you're dodging the point.

I know that feel
I make 300 lbs/hr of barley for a single malt scotch I feel at 400 lbs/hr it will be just right

welcome to modern civilization. i suggest u invest it all in BTC and reap the money in 5 years, then go retire and travel the world

Not really. You'd shop around, get roommates, and put in at least some effort on the work front if you were concerned about finances.

Plus that's about equal to non-shitholes in Europe
>The proportion of the population whose housing costs exceeded 40 % of their equivalised disposable income was highest for tenants with market price rents (28.0 %)
ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Housing_statistics#Housing_affordability

Join the airforce/navy. Get educated on a trade/useful skill and acquire any certification I can on uncle Sam's dime. Save every penny I can while on duty and invest 30% of every check on crypto. If not retiring from military, use part of the savings to buy a small livable RV. Chase the money.

>grown working adults need to have roomates to afford rents

like he said KEKED

big, fat, dumb amerifats trying to rationalize the ass-fucking they take every election cycle

top fucking kek

Attached: carlin1.jpg (480x360, 9K)

He's actually really on the point. $1000/mo is no longer 40% of your disposable income if you instead earn 60 or 70k. That's in response to the initial financial challenge laid out.

Benchmarking against the US national average like Jow Forums posters are 10% black and 30% hispanic is like thinking 40% of all Eurofags on Jow Forums are Moldovan gypsies.

>sell myself for shelter

Are you a man? If so, how do you go about doing this? If you are a female, damn.

There is no purpose. 100 years from now we'll all be dead and it will be as if we never existed. One day you will wake up as an old man and realize you wasted your entire youth chasing money because that is what you were conditioned to do. As you realize you can never get those years back, and with your health deteriorating, you will neck. Your family will be sad at first, but after a few years they will never even think of you or mention your name.

Nah, they don't need to. Plenty of people spend a few hundred extra a month and don't live with roommates or their gf, it's a free country.

It's just one of the many options available if you're doing a Jow Forums retirement speedrun.

>do well in school
>go to uni
>be engineer
>still a slave working almost every single day and the days im not working i got people annoying me with emails
nice meme you got there faggot

Kek, glad I'm not the only one.

he might be from europe. there are countries where if you earn 2k a month you are among the best paid in the country. living standards are also cheaper, but to buy crypto, which is a global market, it fucking sucks.

Attached: my-boss-arrived-at-workin-a-brand-nevw-amazing-car-cd-cd-he-replied-ifyou-work-hard-put-allyour-hour (640x640, 56K)

Traveling is fine but it's not necessary to be happy nor are you interesting for doing it. It's also expensive and your average young adult shouldn't be doing it. It's a boomer tier luxury that is no longer reasonable for people who should be saving as much as possible so they don't get completely reamed by the time they're 30 and have jackshit and nothing to show for it