How do Chainlink nodes work?

If I'm running a node, do I have to sit there and manually check that all incoming data is accurate? So if a smart contract is using a time input, I have to verify that the time sent to the smart contract is accurate? How much time will I need to spend sitting around verifying things? Doesn't that sound a little boring? I can't imagine a ton of people are going to line up to do things like that.

Attached: 1440046337434.jpg (240x232, 7K)

weak fud

Good q

of course people wont want to do it... but it will take a certain skill set to verify data:
enligsh speaking, basic tech literacy...
let's be generous and say this skill set is $15/hr.
Let's say you can do 30 data checks an hour.
That means $.50 per call...average of .01 LINK paid per call means a LINK price of $50

QED

I don’t think most marines realize that sitting down and actually verifying data is what it means to run a node

This problem literally doesn't have solution.

You'll be working 18 hour days connecting data feeds, like an old fashioned switchboard operator. Get used to it user.

Wait? Can’t you just hire some one on Fiverr to do all this?

Attached: 8E9BED93-0780-4F9C-84EA-DBD8387B282C.jpg (750x1122, 231K)

You run a node for a month.
You earn nothing, as nobody is going to use a node owned by some random neet.
You post a dark wojak on Jow Forums and sell all your link at a massive loss.
The end.

>Node operator
>I'm a noooooode operatorrrrr

Attached: images (30).jpg (220x215, 10K)

>fiverr
>english speaking

Attached: 1543565899826.jpg (395x387, 18K)

So let’s say a smart contract requires 25 pieces of data and they’re going to verify the data is trustworthy through your node. You go to all the required websites to verify the day, it takes you hours, but after it’s dike you get a small reward of Link tokens, say 50 cents worth of Link per verification. Just after getting your tokens a random marine dumps his stack and your tokens loses ton of value. Will this violate any labor laws or anything?

Attached: F8F9BA9B-E824-400C-BE0E-06F9EEFE4A2C.jpg (750x422, 238K)

This is the first thing on here that's actually made me laugh in weeks.

yes whoever sold at that day will be forced at gunpoint to supplement your paycheck up to minimum wage + tips

Wait, what? You have to go through all datafeeds manually?

This is Link's oracle solution?

Manually checking website integrity?

lmao my sides

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

this is actually how augur works, no?

It’s just the cost of decentralization, most people don’t realize this. It’s pretty cool imo, like taking back the power from the machines

this is what the node looks like

Attached: 8ad74c69.jpg (640x870, 126K)

I'm an mturk slave, I was born for this.

This is unironically strong FUD. Like wtf, I just buy LINK and want to stake it, but if I have to sit in the basement of my mom and dads house doubling checking with google weather is actually 67%, like wtf....

No can't be right, I'm sure pajeets on fiverr could do it, but I thought this thing was some genius bulletproof oracle network that relied on multiple points to ensure accurate data.

I've never downloaded the whitepaper, but have about 120k LINK. Should I read it anons?

HOW DID THESE PICTURES LEAK????

based on the general sentiment of this thread i should assume this is bait, just in case it isn't though yes read the fucking whitepaper you faggot

ofc read the white paper. if you don't get it 100% at least plow through it to get a vibe of what its like

Sergey stfu, pretend these are just memes. Remember that these NEET's won't care if they're cagies so long as they're rich af when we finally release them back to their families.
- Adelyn

you might want to read the whitepaper and reconsider your investment. in the whitepaper it is clearly stated, that the only use for the Link- tokens was raising the money.

They jus do

>mfw comfy manually checkin my data feeds and makin $200k a year in my mom’s basement

Attached: DC8E04D5-22D9-4110-81B6-55C0594C277A.png (750x1334, 1.26M)

ofc any real node will verify the contracts. Open to "sharks" otherwise...
Lets say a thug makes a contract asking for data... but they own the contract and the data source. They put in really obscure requirements for the nodes and spin up a bunch so they can statisically be 51% of the nodes. Your node grabs the "easy" job (if you left it on autopilot) and the scammer gives you false data and the rest of the nodes the "correct" data...collecting your penalty fee.
You will have to watch for this behavior. To have 100% uptime you will have to hire people to watch incoming jobs so 15$/hr for a node isn't far fetched.

Attached: pajeetwithsprinkles.jpg (836x600, 56K)

checked,

I was just fudding above. You made some good points user.
I'm too busy to think about this rn, but maybe all of us pooling with something like linkpool or fiew or w/e it's called could help ward off bullshit.

We're gonna make it user, because we're a hivemind that solves problems we all have an interest in solving.

Attached: 1542083589976.jpg (1071x561, 69K)

delete this please good sir

One counter to this possibility would be for clients of smart contracts to hold a few nodes, and have a stake in the integrity of the network.

Also some sort of vetting institutution, I don't know enough about LINKpool, but a place from where nodes are vetted and LINK is staked could mitigate this concern.

I only thought of this now that you said it, so I'm sure Sergey has got it covered because he has two choices, become richer than Bezos, Gates,Sims, and Musk combined, or face Kek's wrath.

nigga is you serious?

What’s wrong with it?

fuck you are dumb as fuck OP

wow I actually lol'd. saving this

Oracle nodes will use default code provided by the organization and have the capability of having adapters, custom code additions in other programming languages. In other words, each oracle node will have to program his own node. As to verification of input, the blockchain contract will have an aggregation function, though it's unclear how it will function with different types of data, such as boolean and integer. Are you guys still interested in me writing a thorough analysis of Chain*ink?

chainlink partially solves the oracle problem because it doesn't take into account the quadratic centrino redundance. Sure it is said in the white paper that any redundance should be handled by decentralization, but in the quadrino plane, redundance is zeta centered around trustless apis.

it agregates the same sort of data you fucking autismo, i dont think you understand how chainlink nodes operate...basically aggregation will just retrieve the data from nodes that made the same request, and should notify the reputation system if a node responded differently than the others...then the node that didnt answer like the rest will be punished.

in the case of random numbers request, aggregation will just do an average or a sum and stuff like that.