Blackpill

If people start adopting cryptocurrency for transactions, eventually a government or FANG corporation would fork it and do it better. They would have KYC and banking built in, so regulators would love it, customers would have an easy fiat gateway, it would scale, and you would actually be able to use the shitcoins to buy stuff.

What’s the odds of a government or megacorp (which do everything in house already) adopting your shittoken instead of making their own?

The ONLY value of crypto is to increase your money by selling to greater fools. It is NOT a payment system anymore than Herbalife is about curing people’s diseases.

Attached: 1204C3A2-22BB-40A3-BC1D-6E5C33B1947B.jpg (750x1199, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/14/imf-says-governments-could-set-up-their-own-cryptocurrencies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop posting this forced meme attention seeking thot

The only purpose of crypto is to increase your fiat. If you lost fiat in crypto, you are by definition the greater fool pajeet who lost the game.

#
I have seen a lot forced memes in my time but this spinning smug face is just fun to look at

Attached: 1542280823416.png (483x601, 495K)

Doesn't stop people from using other cryptos then the "bank" ones.

Sure, but your 'mass adoption' isn't ever going to happen.

I mean, Windows 10 is terrible, we should all be on Linux by now, right?

Why would I use some trash that I can’t cash out when I could just use FedCoin? The only reasons would be drugs or tax evasion, which means using other coins would be illegal.

>If people start adopting cryptocurrency for transactions, eventually a government or FANG corporation would fork it and do it better.

Bcash shows that forks are not a good governance model. Every government and tech company would want their own shitcoin and they will all have kyc and aml shit built in. All hodlers would rather have bitcoin and all fiat holders would rather keep their fiat. Noone will want their shitcoin, that is why no one is buying the petro.

Bitcoin is a schelling point.

no the only reason would be mistrust of centralized services. people don't buy gold because they want to evade taxes or traffic drugs.

desu I'm not even expecting mass adoption of the current versions of cryptocurrencies, but I do see the technology evolving

because nobody has any idea what it might be capable of

You're looking at crypto through a 2018 lens and you're failing to see the bigger picture. People like you aren't innovators, you're followers, and that's why you'll buy someone's bags when crypto is "safe" and "proven"

Attached: 1517127242530.png (829x591, 30K)

>Every government and tech company would want their own shitcoin and they will all have kyc and aml shit built in.
and all of them will fail. like it always does. crypto that is not trustless decentralized unauthorized makes zero sense.

then why did binance's "dex" just cause a 10% pump even though its probably the most centralised thing to release in the whole crypto market lol.

to be fair, for that one dude in the top hat to have all those bags of profit, there's about ten dudes who are sitting there like 'lol i got rekt'.

well to you, but to the average joe it doesn't

Attached: 78344D9D-B02E-4E2C-9842-954864135532.gif (400x367, 3.43M)

For example, I think the Basic Attention Token (BAT) is the easiest example of something that could completely change the internet landscape, but you have you use your imagination because the project is in its infancy. Also, there are PLENTY of other projects out there (LINK, Golem, ETH) that have the potential to be something much bigger than "muh internet currency", and a government or megacorp "adopting" them would not change a thing.

Imagine being able to earn money while you day-to-day browse the internet, or earn money for your Jow Forums posts, or your reddit posts, tweets, facebook posts, instagram posts, literally anything you do on the internet, someone could seamlessly and anonymously make micropayments to you and in turn you could use BAT to solve other online problems like paywalls, "TURN ADBLOCK OFF", etc.

You need to think about what COULD be possible, not what currently is possible. A lot of tech companies are dinosaurs and have become bloated and incapable of changing and crypto is the meteor coming to wipe them out.

Attached: back pepe.jpg (600x600, 21K)

decentralized currencies are not going to happen
>imf advising countries to make their own
theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/14/imf-says-governments-could-set-up-their-own-cryptocurrencies
imagine the ease of tax collecting

I bought in 2013 kid. you're the newfag. I dumped on you a couple months ago.

>listening to advice in the crypto space

Attached: static.politico.com.jpg (1160x629, 162K)

No one who buys crypto actually cares about centralized vs. decentralized shit, aside from some libertarian boomers which make up

> imf advising countries to make their own before they literally get rolled over by the first decentralized crypto-State with built-in Consensus-based tax collection & redistribution *

fixed it

Crypto is actually Karl Marx's vision of Capitalism slowly morphing into Communism, because the crowds are more and more fed up with States craps.

So what, we'll let states fork bitcoin?
JPMorgan's:
> *doesn't have any BTC* "Crypto is shit, scam scam scam"
> * 6 months goes by*
> "Quorum is the future pls buy my bags"

Theses delusionnal fucks will end up on spikes, I can assure you.

>No one who buys crypto actually cares about centralized vs. decentralized shit
ahahahahha no just stop trying!

You can't possibly be this retarded, can you?

You described BLockstream and BSV to a t.

Attached: 1543765082173.jpg (1500x1000, 400K)

Attached: 1543877130131.webm (608x814, 353K)

None of the public chains scale
Also megacorps are not going to make neck beard pedos rich risking their reputation

Attached: DE1A3EB2-7DA2-4229-8477-0738942A6D49.jpg (600x361, 41K)

>bought at the top of previous bubble
>sold at the bottom of last one
FUCKING KEK

at least I came to my senses before I lost real money.

that's actually an atomic grade bluepill user
decentralization is inevitable, because concentration of wealth lowers opportunities for an increasingly large amount of skilled and intelligent people who have less and less incentive to participate in the current system and more and more incentive to disrupt it, much like the internet of the late 90s and early 00s had nerds taking over established businesses
then of course you will some form of centralization occur even through decentralization, and new power players will emerge, until the next tech breakthrough and subsequent shakeout
that's the real blackpill, reality is cyclic. we're predictable as a whole, and every trajectory follows booms and busts

>adopting cryptocurrency
>fiat gateway
>KYC