Skycoin

I think it is an ambitious project but I don't know a lot about cryptos, just spent a few months researching it, I'm not here to shill it or anything. Im genuiely interested in others opinions on it. Red pill me

Attached: 29321691.png (400x400, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahC_OqGW3F0
youtube.com/watch?v=PUvVjWR3zTQ
explorer.skycoin.net/app/transaction/2d39d76a66652db7ca5f261923eeaebc811a24c3a1fc556720c2801a5accbfb2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the number one choice for people who only invest in things that are tattooed onto McAfee's body.

The only thing in the entire "market" that actually does something user. Fuck, i'm not even joking.

Obvious scamcoin. The only people who shill it here are paid pajeets and low iq schizos.

I love the idea, not sure if it will ever achieve it's goals, but I support the project. Never bought any skycoin but I'm in the process of building my own skyminer

I don't see why building a new internet is that difficult. It's like starting over with 30 years of existing knowledge and tech.

The way it will store caches of information in a distributed way will be a massive performance increase. Imagine how much it takes to send a request from Italy to California to pull up a website. Skycoin's CXO would cache the first pull of information to Italy and nearby areas, so the other 999,999 people in Italy would get it locally and faster instead of making 999,999 requests to California.

When you'll look at the project from high altitude it will look attractive. The vision, architecture and all.
Then you start to look closer, and start to see warts everywhere. Literally everywhere. Nothing will seem to work as intended and expected. After some pondering, you'll discover that it's all a trick-and-pony show.

It sounds exactly like IPFS. Why are you guys reimplementing IPFS?

To elaborate you will often here bagholders claim it ‘does something’ based on the fact that it has ‘hardware’. What they haven’t realised yet is that sky selling hardware (official skyminer, antenna, usb wallet) is the scam. The hardware doesn’t do anything. This is because the software is non-existent. There is no consensus algo which is the most important aspect of crypto. There is also no evidence consensus will ever be introduced since the code for it it not open source.

Ask yourself, why would a company sell hardware before the software the hardware requires is working?

yeah totally no red flags on this project

see pic
bear market
skywire nodes growth
still growing

Attached: skywirescam.png (847x413, 23K)

Because IPFS doesn't have the right blockchain interconnects.

It's pretty much IPFS adapted to be run on top of an MPLS meshnet.

It's a really great project and totally not a scam just look at this guy you can be him if you buy skycoin

youtube.com/watch?v=ahC_OqGW3F0

>right blockchain interconnects.
>making shit up on the spot
All of skycoin is like this

Delet this

However you want to say that it validates and organizes access to data stores on a ledger.

I can write a paragraph or five if you don't understand what I'm saying.

Oh god, I must FOMO in

It doesn't validate/organize anything due to the nature of it. That;s why development of it is redundant. The devs don't know what they are doing.

Sure it does. How else do you decide what stored information belongs to who in a trustless manner?

Cloud storage and IPFS style caching on Skywire. Simple enough for you?

>Cloud storage and IPFS style caching on Skywire
You clearly don't understand both of those concepts.
You can speak about 'poor blockchain interconnect' if you want. I'll enjoy watching your mental gymnastics.

I've always seen myself as more of an olympic figure skater.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUvVjWR3zTQ

I'm right though.
>random info stored on someone's CXO storage device
>consensus verifies that the cache of information is correct
>nearby systems can pull information from the cache provided they have the correct permissions or credentials

See? That's not so hard to grasp.

It is impossible for you to make a decision on such a controversial project being a total noob to crypto. Just get some pis and build yourself a DIY Skyminer and participate that way. You pay for the hardware, and none of the money goes to Skycoin. If you get money for doing this then it's very hard to argue you are being ripped off.

>why would a company sell hardware before the software the hardware requires is working?

uummmmm? WOW, You sound like a complete retard.
Skywire Software is what was installed on all of the first DIY and official miners.

I asked myself. The way they did it is actually the only way to test software for a global meshnet with thousands of nodes. That's why the miners and everything done so far is called a testnet.

We're nearing mainnet. What use is consensus if the primary use case for consensus is not complete?

You just convinced me to move another 20% of my portfolio to SKY, lol.

Attached: cxo-map-01.jpg (1854x1080, 1.03M)

>don't research, just participate
Typical shameless skyshill.

So testnet tokens are sold on the exchange. Excellent.

Skycoin is separate from Skywire, technically. Skycoin as a actual coin has been functioning for over a year.

>skycoin shill thread.
>december 2018.

I hope he's paying you well, but I know you do it for free.

Attached: laughing snail loli.png (662x635, 421K)

You're a late adopter who probably never made any significant crypto gains. How do I know this? Because this is a coin that ONLY attracts noob retards.
That should tell you everything you need to know.

>You just convinced me to move another 20% of my portfolio to SKY, lol.
Post proof of your trades.

Well, Skycoin doesn't need OP's money. Im sure you got a coin that needs OP's money though don't you.

>basic level reverse psychology
>manipulation 101

explorer.skycoin.net/app/transaction/2d39d76a66652db7ca5f261923eeaebc811a24c3a1fc556720c2801a5accbfb2

nice just bought 100k

>don't research, just participate
By building a DIY miner, OP will need to research how to install Skywire on his pis and configure his router.
>manipulation 101
You seem to be very well versed in manipulation, as your strategy of selecting words from my post to reinterpret what i'm saying in a negative way has effectively subjected OP to misinformation. This is the type of misinformation that OP should avoid when getting started in crypto. Get involved with a project's community in a way that does not require a large investment and take your time learning from the ground up. Listening to shills on a somalian fingerbox carving forum is not an effective way to practice due dilligence.

Anyone else buy an offical miner that wants to kill themselves?

>OP will need to research
>contradicting his own previous post, proving his manipulative mindset
The project and its shillers have more red flags than any other. Blatant manipulative language and practices are one of them.

There was no contradiction.
Never told him not to research. I said.
>It is impossible for you to make a decision on such a controversial project being a total noob to crypto.
And then i told him how to get into Skycoin without a large investment. You are the one showing red flags and being manipulative.

checking in. you still bag holding the rebate too?

>picking parts of a post that didn't pertain to what was said
>no u
It's pointless to talk with delusional skyschizos.

>resorting to accusations of madness
When your argument or claims do not stand up to reason, you will claim that your opponent is actually insane. This allows you to attribute motives and behavior to your opponent that are entirely devoid of reason. This type of tactic has been very successful in mass media manipulation of the public in regards to united states foreign policy as a prelude to regime change.

My .5BTC rebate is now worth less than .2BTC, swing trading + rewards has kept me at .4BTC. Baller status

Can I be a shill for sky, too?

Attached: shitcoin skycoin miner.jpg (1024x894, 199K)

That thing doesn‘t look Obelisk-ready to me

Do you think it'll be obelisk compliant if I hook it up to a second antenna?

Attached: shitcoin sky junk antenna.gif (200x229, 3.4M)

>moves 1 coin

You’re gonna have to try harder than that Sudo

Yep, but no moreso than plenty other coins i took a massive chunk in that tanked to or sold too early and missed tens of thousands of dollars. Just a game bro. At least mainnet is supposedly close and we've got a drug fucked boomer tattooing our coin on his back.

You are such a disingenious cunt. He said you won't be able to know if the project is legit or not unless you go through all the code, understand their consensus algo and see it deployed. If you can't do that, spend 200 and learn to flash some images to sd cards and you can get paid and make your 200 bucks back in about 4-5 months.

Get rekt fudding faggot.