Fed reserve good or bad?

Long story short, everyone I know both personally and on my user accounts HATE the federal reserve but my college professor (Intro to Macro) says that they are necessary for the US economy and that without them we would have bank failures all over like in 1907.

What's so bad about the fed reserve? Is it true that that would happen? would it be catastrophic?

There's also stuff like "they maintain the health of the banking system" but I have no idea what that is supposed to mean desu

Attached: comfy_apu.png (707x479, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/money/2013/12/23/256326325/a-locked-door-a-secret-meeting-and-the-birth-of-the-fed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Central banks play an important role if you insist on using a fiat currency and don't want Zimbabwe tier inflation, but it seems pretty obvious that giving a (((group of bankers))) that much power over the market will lead to insider trading to plunder wealth from the middle class retail investors.

>they are necessary for the US economy and without them we would have bank failures all over like in 1907.

Yes, thanks god for the Federal Reserve, for preventing bank failures like pic related

Attached: depression.jpg (1200x874, 210K)

The Fed is a corporation separate from the government. They have no obligation to the government at all. Trying to get a simple bill to just audit them is like pulling teeth. Its a fucking Jewish shit show. Trump needs to bring back the greenback

All the people you know perwonally are retarded and all the people you know anonymously are trying to decieve you for personal gain

The Federal reserve is genius

Fucking retard communist faggots like Peter shiff hate them even though they reward americans with an amazing retirement system

I don't have a problem with the Federal Reserve's monetary policy, which is fairly steady and conservative and has reinforced a America-centric world and dollar diplomacy.

I think a lot of the criticisms of the Fed are better laid at the feet of fiscal and regulatory policies that do far more to erode wealth and cause inequality than anything the Fed does unilaterally. Not the Fed's fault they have a giant fucking balance sheet, maybe try spending within your means and fostering a stable economic environment so they don't have to buy so many goddamn Treasury bonds when the economy melts down, right after a huge tax cut, while you are occupying TWO countries on the other side of the world.

Attached: smug-blonde-haired-anime-girl[1].jpg (1021x574, 44K)

>deceiving you for personal gain
how would getting rid of the fed reserve help the average normie?

FED can't print forever dude, it's near a big inflation atm. That is when you have to accumulate gold and silver

like I know hating on the Fed Reserve is more of a meme but I'm just asking why?

Attached: sasque.jpg (741x741, 54K)

It's from my understanding that they do it to protect the money supply and then they buy bonds to offset the negative effects. Don't they keep inflation from getting too high?

It's a meme to think hating on the Federal reserve is a meme. Federal reserve isn't Federal. They've put us into debt. They continue to print money at a whim. Fuck the Federal reserve

It's the greatest pyramid scam ever invented.

The fed and every other central bank is literally a private cooporation, who sells printed bills or digital bits out of thin air to every government in existant, with interest.

The banks then magically lend out 10x more money that is backed on nothing to ordinary people, who pay interest to them

Literally the definition of a pymarid scheme

Bad but they mean well

They’re cunts, but being crushed by cunts is what we know and what propagates our lifestyle and way of living

Stand on someone’s neck to make it, and they stand on someone else’s neck to make it

KKND

and then they KKND

the cycle continues

the fed pays kike professors to say that
all econ grants have to study Keynesian economics and say why it's so great

I know they can print money whenever they want. Do they really do it?

so is it just lies? they aren't helping the economy at all?

Don't know if he's paid by them, but I do know that he has some sort of neo con beliefs. He has argued in class that it's good that the US is involved in places like Syria and the like.

Attached: DgMFqkDVMAAzofn.jpg (645x773, 53K)

>They've put us into debt

That's Congress you're thinking of

If you look at a chart of inflation in the US by year, it's been rock solid since the 70s. The Fed printing money recklessly is a meme.

The Fed is obsessed with meeting inflation targets, to the point where a lot of economists bitch at them for letting people lose their jobs rather than let inflation budge.

So the fed is basically only going to increase the money supply rapidly if there's a recessionary economy and they know it won't effect the value of currency.

someone high up at the school gets the message and hires accordingly
look at hollyjew there are no conservatives
he's just towing the line like mainstream media it's not higher education or open thought

oh yeah inflation is great
it forces you to take a risk and invest your money into stuff you don't really care about just so you don't get assraped by a centralized money printer
b...but that money grows the economy right?
no you're disrupting people's savings to artificially show growth

Money printing is necessary because governments spend more money than they get in.
Why governments spend so much? Because people demand more free shit! The root cause of money printing is people voting and demanding free shit.
The cure is everybody paying for their own shit.

Attached: 1540712550376.jpg (1000x773, 587K)

I can agree with that

Attached: th.png (436x156, 54K)

>I know they can print money whenever they want. Do they really do it?
YES.

it's blatantly obvious the system is broken and there's is no possible way to get out on top
the currency has to be inflated to make the debt less severe

hell, when they set up the federal reserve they had to have a private secret meeting that only a few robber barons knew about and they wrote it with senator nelson aldridge. they had to write up the framework secretly because they knew that the politicians of the time wouldn't have accepted signing away that level of monetary control to privately owned banks. americans didnt even want this shit but our corporate overlords put it in place.

npr.org/sections/money/2013/12/23/256326325/a-locked-door-a-secret-meeting-and-the-birth-of-the-fed

Attached: file.png (850x400, 122K)

>he thinks that the US government is financed, to any degree, by inflation

Nigga, CPI data is publicly available. Why do you insist on being such a weenie?

Attached: 1319184681147.jpg (350x375, 25K)

It doesn't help them directly. But anything that makes you dumber makes them smarter by comparison.

If a government uses inflation it is also in their interests to downplay inflation. Even if inflation is low, we would have even lower inflation without the money printing.
Deflation is not bad btw. Governments only say that to justify their money printing.

Attached: 1542089728520.png (1000x1024, 599K)

>anime poster
>literally so retarded you can't just go to a grocery store and compare the price to what it was a few years ago

you should have been an abortion desu

PROTIP: Gas wouldn't still be three bucks a gallon if you weren't retarded.

everything is connected
they play with the interest rates and inflation to extract as much taxes as possible
without inflation money can sit and they collect no taxes
forcing people to take increasingly greater risks generates the most taxes until it all collapses

>Can't think of convincing counter-arguments
>Proceed to talk shit, attack character and divert the discussion

Learn to admit your mistakes, my man. It earns other peoples respect.

Attached: 1543807109151.jpg (1020x797, 254K)

lets say you have $100
inflation makes it worth $96
so you invest it to get it to $105
but 25% tax on $5 makes it $4
so you took a risk to give the government $1 while keeping the same amount of initial money

The Fed is a jewish tyrannical institution. It must be abolished.

Before you can end money printing, you must get people to pay for their own shit.
Money printing exists because people don't want to pay for their own shit.

What they don't want you to know is that the first Central Bank was the Bank of England, which was officially privately owned until 1947, and some say still is. A privately owned Central bank can loan its owners ANY amount of money in that nation's currency, the only risk is inflation. The families that owned the BoE used their literally unlimited funds to hire agents to establish a branch office in the US, and they did. Our nation's history is the story of us trying to prevent this, but we failed. The BoE also gave unlimited loans to agents like the Rockefeller's and the Harrimans who enabled our country's resources like oil and railways to be monopolized by BoE and later Fed subsidiary banks. But families like that are just BoE frontmen. The Rothschilds are speculated to have gained control of the BoE immediately after Waterloo, and you literally cannot disprove this because BoE ownership prior to the alleged "nationalization" is not information available to the public.

If someone controls a Central Bank, they can loan you ANY amount of money. And they can do it in secret. They can loan you $10 billion and let you buy some mansions to play to role of "billionaire capitalist success" and let you keep playing that lifestyle as long as you do exactly what they say, any you'll be happy to, even if you have a $10 billion in assets and $11 billion in liabilities and are their total slave. This is what the Rockefeller's were, this is what the "Russian" "Oligarchs" are. Now you can see.