Chainlink Comfy Zone: Zero Knowledge Proof Edition

The private blockchain FUD that Thomas spawned has been circuiting throughout Jow Forums and the linkie-verse at large and in it's course gotten completely out of hand. I don't enjoy watching my fellow marines wallow in despair when everything is going so right for Chainlink, so I've taken it upon myself to briefly pontificate on the matter for your edification.

tl;dr: ZKPs (zero knowledge proofs) will make the distinction between private and public blockchains obsolete, meaning your LINK tokens will in fact be used by enterprises and in turn make you rich.

ey.com/en_gl/news/2018/10/ey-launches-the-world-s-first-secure-private-transactions-over-the-ethereu-public-blockchain

>EY today announced the launch of EY Ops Chain Public Edition (PE) prototype, the world’s first implementation of zero-knowledge proof (ZKP) technology on the public Ethereum blockchain. This technology is a first that will allow companies to privately and securely create and sell product and service tokens on a public blockchain with private access to their transaction records.

>“Private blockchains give enterprises transaction privacy, but at the expense of reduced security and resiliency. With zero-knowledge proofs, organizations can transact on the same network as their competition in complete privacy and without giving up the security of the public Ethereum blockchain.”

>“The development of tools that enhance the capabilities of public blockchains will spur enterprise adoption of public blockchains and are crucial to the growth of blockchain technologies in general. The ability to ensure privacy while retaining the security and resilience of public blockchains is an important consideration. It offers an opportunity for enterprises to begin building real-world solutions on public blockchains and is an important step in the evolution of the technology.”

Attached: 1525492305584.jpg (900x645, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

z.cash/technology/zksnarks
jonathanlevi.info/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP is a legend

Wow Op you are absolutely retarded and cringey as fuck.

You didnt clear up shit instead copying useless out of context text from pages. How old are you

Attached: AHHHHH.png (1024x1024, 95K)

pee pee poo poo

OMG like totally my BFF Jill saw your post and totally agrees, Pajeet. Street shitters for lyfe bb.

thanks OP just bought 100k im staying super stinky and possibly never selling

delet

Attached: sirgay.jpg (487x658, 42K)

The more they fud while doing research the more they realize Chainlink is the standard.

Why do you think they’ve had ZCash on their slides the last couple of presentations? Look up zksnarks. We rich nigger.

OP , Where is this picture from?

Great fucking thread bruh

Seriously, read this. No more spoon-feeding for tonight. z.cash/technology/zksnarks

Frankly, I'm not sure, but the man in the center is Jonathan Levi. He's the CEO of Hacera, which will be utilizing ZKPs.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 4.59.31 PM.png (830x886, 91K)

>Jonathan Levi

Attached: 1533251902756.jpg (1160x4120, 1.02M)

>CEO of Hacera
Meme magic is real. We are moulding the very fabric of reality

Attached: 1518969304350.jpg (1075x423, 135K)

Insanely bullish.

this website just stole all my link dont click this guys

You've got to be kidding. Is this real?

It can’t be...c can it?

Attached: rgNs0Zz.gif (540x226, 1.82M)

Attached: 4chan autist.png (1099x553, 1.64M)

>look it up
>it's real
>mememagic is real
WE GON BE RICH

Attached: dmanwreckinit.jpg (1242x1234, 82K)

Please explain to brainlet.

literally "link will make you rich". pic related = you.

Attached: Sonny Singh.jpg (562x374, 81K)

Basically dump your savings into it right now! I can't wait to make my millions holy shit it's real

Attached: 1508128043117.jpg (390x250, 19K)

Why will any enterprise want to deal with blockchain anyway? There's no use for it.

what does this have to do with link? nothing. nothing at all

If the big mac association is real (the most absurd part of the meming) then the rest of the prophecy is true

Attached: prophecy2.jpg (337x579, 87K)

This is how SWIFT and Levi found their young protege Sergey. He ate so many Big Macs from his local store that McDonalds headhunters sponsored him with a $1 million deal and he used that money back in 2014 when he worked on initial ideas for chainlink

Attached: 1532878590859.jpg (810x2729, 685K)

Can you read nigger? Nazarov ain't no spic name

They added him anyway, he was eating so many Big Macs

>z.cash/technology/zksnarks
im a brainlet. Please fill me in.

The image you posted says "HACER", while the company Jonathan Levi founded is "HACERA". It doesn't appear to be the same.

the very fact that you are creating this thread concerns me of link's future. Atleast FUD are people just trying to buy cheap bags.

Close enough just bought more link for a zero proof future

who's the third guy circled? I know vitalik and sergey

>ey.com
literally who?

ZKP is just a proof that something happened on the network without releasing details, which like in the case of Zcash is how they do or are trying to do private transactions. ZKP is to show the work of the node without releasing the details, but the node can still see the details it did if not using a TEE. While in a TEE the node can't see anything and signs its data with a remote attestation. It could also send a ZKP back to the chain as its response. The advantage of a zkp that it's response on-chain to the public are basically encrypted because it returns a proof instead of the details.

This would make public chains more accessible to big businesses with sensitive data. And the TEEs advantage is that it keeps the node in the dark on the query it is solving.

Attached: 1542114176920.jpg (900x530, 68K)

> no actual rebuttal for anything raised in the OP
Wow what a convincing argument just sold 100k thanks for having my best interests at heart user.

An abstract way of using ZKPs with Chainlink is that a requester can verify that the Chainlink node performed some computation requested of them without the need for the node operator to reveal details of how they performed it by simply responding with a proof. This allows the proof (which is sent back on-chain by the Chainlink nodes) to be kept a manageable size, regardless of the computation performed.

Going further and introducing ZKPs + TEEs in the same request, you could have the Chainlink node perform the computation itself within the TEE, and provide the ZKP itself as a response back on-chain. The benefit here is that instead of a plaintext answer being returned to the smart contract from the enclave, a proof is returned instead, and the node operator (or someone watching nodes' responses) has no information that would reveal the original query.

Attached: 1534027035823.jpg (387x305, 171K)

jonathanlevi.info/about/

Attached: 1515031407760.png (601x1177, 2.72M)

show me any self respectable project, that NEVER gave any guidelines on a possible mainnet release or even a roadmap. The only palpable thing they have released so far, is the white paper in which they clearly state it's their LONG TERM strategy (wishful thinking).
It has started already with factom who haven't checked on the project for a while, companies just using chainlink as a demo on their permissioned blockchains and some projects literally dropping chainlink for centralized solutions...the team never communicates doesn't even want to bother and the only public apparitions they made, they kept on repeating the same speech, the recent presentation which was held in NYC just shows how bad things really are...typos in the majority of the documents and even in goodies; Sergey refused to answer questions and just just waved off a concerned investor literally laughing at him.
if you are starting to have doubts, well they are well founded, it's because there is def something fishy about this project. "check the pivotal" that's all they can say whenever you ask them about the project, it's starting to look more and more like a failed attempt at something huge, but in reality they are just amateurs afraid to show their incompetence.

>What we want, since we're building the oracle software as well as the network, is usage. Permissioned blockchains using Chainlink as their oracle is still a major positive force, even if they're not utilizing the public network. It shows that we've built enterprise-grade software ready for any environment.

I think they are being honest that in the end the public chainlink network won't be as big as we are expecting it (1000$/link), the chainlink technology will be used...Of course! but the tokens you bought are useless, only small fry players will use the public networks, but the 95% of the trillions of dollars we were all seeking as network usage, will just be used on private blockchains...

CHAINLINK BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Nice FUD. The Fud is very strong. But weak.

What is deep defend security layer? ZKP ? TEES?

Big businesses can have secure access to public chain and use sensitive data.

I’ve lost faith but wont sell

chainlink is over. they were planning and EOY 2018 release but didn't make it and now competitors have cornered the market.

Fud

>he isn't buying SHIPCOIN
Are you a cuck or just really stupid?

Thank you OP. People like you are the reason I still use Jow Forums.

Thanks Johnny.

Is this enough to get bigger entities on the public chain using this instead of permissioned chains?

Zero knowledge proofs, TEEs, trustless, anonymous node operators, jesus these things are going to be a beautiful little black box of distributed data delivery and compute, at any scale you want

Just read it and still don’t get it. Please spoon feed me

allows something to be encrypted and then verified by another person when they dont know the original value that was encrypted
> jeff encrypts his super secret values and posts them on chain
> bob verifies that jeffs super secret values are correct without knowing what jeff actually encrypted

>the only public apparitions
even if your 'arguments' held any water, which they don't, this immediately reveals you to be a two-digit-IQ shit-gargler
the fuck. You're a fucking apparition

didnt expect this thread to get so sp000oooo000ky

Attached: file.png (700x525, 199K)

H U G E

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

"given truly trustworthy and confidential oracles, something that SGX-backed systems à la Town Crier and techniques such as zero-knowledge proofs can help achieve, the boundary between oracles & smart contracts may become fluid." - LINK whitepaper

Honestly enterprises overvalue privacy at the same level as security, so if you can see all the transactions in tx they probably won't like the idea behind using smart contracts

Can you neets calm your fucking tits? The hacer/a connection doesn't mean anything. Hacer is Spanish for to do or to make. The McD program is giving them something "to do". It's a pretty common verb.

Similarly Hacera doesn't mean anything because the verb conjugates strangely; if anything it is a bastardization of "will do/make" or doer/maker. There's nothing to see here.

Shut up satan
Link worth 1k big macs eoy 2019

>the boundary between oracles & smart contracts may become fluid
I identify as a cis-gendered heterosexual male as well as an oracle node operator

Ὃ μέλλεις, δός - 58

Cyka Blyat comrade.

>-22% in one day
Nice, just committed suicide

>Cyka Blyat
eбaть cвoю мaть, ecли вы хoтитe eбaть

>PONTIFICATE ON THE MATTER FOR YOUR EDIFICATION

Private chains are an industry stepping stone to public chains, just like private corporate intranets gave way to the internet. Think of private chains like a "trust incubator" where big firms can dip their toes in the water. They'll fomo into public chains once they see the gains that smaller fintech players will inevitably make on them. The private chain fud is laughable, it's the same narrow field of vision shit that lead to people getting blind sided by the internet and it's fucking hilarious that we'll get to see it happen again. This time with a whole new generation of boomers saying "there was no way to see this coming"

Attached: 594a27b2b7664b7977c0594b_img1-2.png (1037x1072, 292K)

Bumpers