Why don't you own a trezor or ledger?

Why don't you own a trezor or ledger?
Hardware wallets are fucking comfy and I regret falling for the "it's a meme" meme

Attached: 005Kf7hJgy1ftvjqr7w1yj30pc191wm1 (2).jpg (440x782, 66K)

T. Ledger affiliate program

because I know how to generate a private key
I also know how to change my own oil
...and cook a meal without a microwave
I don't like paying for unnecessary shit

>shills a non-crackable wallet that cant freeze prices
>he didnt freeze at 18k btc
sad

Because I only need real physical leather wallet for real physical legal tender money, no need for illusionary internet funbux

what happens if you lose it or stolen?

I'd rather use a wallet that generates a seed phrase. I can memorize it and I don't have to worry about losing it.

based

Knowing how to use electrum or something similar is not a skill. And those other things you listed are basics that everyone knows.

You write down the backup seed. And the device is protected by a pin and an optional password. The password is part of the salt that determines the master key (bip39) but isn't stored on the device. So a strong password makes stealing the trezor/ledger or even the seed pointless, but you have to remember it obviously.

>Knowing how to use electrum or something similar is not a skill. And those other things you listed are basics that everyone knows
That's the point dumbfuck. Managing your private key is elementary, why pay for it?

that's my point genius.

hardware wallets buyers are the same type of people who become catholic instead of reading the words of Christ.

$150+ for a USB roflmao

no thanks this goy ain't that stupid.

Huh? You're still using something like electrum with your hw. So obviously people use hws for another reason.
It's secure even if you have malware or a keylogger installed, and cheaper than buying a seperate computer for crypto. Plus it's much more conveniant to use.

Lmao. You do realize that most exchanges use hws?

Price is LOCKED in.

Holy shit i hope you are baiting, Trezor has seeds for every wallet you generate in the hardware, actually the trezor is just a second wall of security since it generates a random keypad which can't be keylogged

Nothing more comfortable than an autistically memorized virgin paper wallet generated on a permanently offline computer and engraved with a simple transpositional cipher altered private & public key respectively along the inner & outer circumferences of a solid gold cockring.

Attached: IMG_20181127_140652130.jpg (3024x4032, 3.5M)

based

>because I know how to generate a private key
So you generate the key on a "never-ever-connected" device, and fire up that same device for every transaction?
On what medium do you store your key, and where do you store it so it can't get lost or destroyed?

I do like the price locking feature and I used it on 13,214 BTC @ 15k but as others Anons said I have most of my alts on regular paper wallets.

frankly hardware wallets are totally useless. here is why. if you don't want to use your btc just hold it paper wallet (encrypted and backed up at multiple locations) is superior the hardware wallet is just a gizmo that can break. if you do want to use your btc right now you are a moron. if you want to run an ln node you can't use a hardware wallet for that it actually needs to use the btc and there is no point without a hardware lock mechanism like pin for hardware wallets. it's like when btc finally stabilizes and you want to use it for everyday and also want it secured they may or may not be practical. right now they are a waste of money.

just setup a simless encrypted phone with wifi. Only use it for wallet putposes, don't even web surf or install other shit on it. Hardcopy of your keys locked in a safe as backup

>with wifi
yikes

actually the only way to make reasonably sure you are safe is to boot a computer totally offline from a usb os generate your password protected paper wallets with an open source script or app you skimmed through the source of and either print them directly or print them into ps/pdf then restart the computer normally. any other path you take you risk someone being able to hijack your coins. trusting the manufacturers of hardware wallets, or online services or compiled clients or even that your computer is malware free when you open a perfectly safe wallet... no thx, not with the bulk of your stash! with the play money, sure why not.

an alternative path would be multisig wallets using an online signatory service with 2fa. that way even if there is a malware on your machine they won't be able to steal your coins. but a denial of service attack on the signatory will fuck you and it's inconvenient as fuck, i would only recommend this for serious serious amounts.

Trezor & ledger, with passphrase
Seed on a stainless steel plate stored in a safe not in my house....
COMFY AS FUCK
>MUH I remember mine
Gets in to car wreak, lost all weath, can't pay for brain to be fixed/comfy life

whoever finds your steel plate will have a comfy life alright.

one could say its a steal plate

I bet this guy keeps his bitcoin wallet open overnight, and keeps his computer open, and his network open.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best of luck with that...Its in a safe that is really well hidden, In a place that in its self is SUPER difficult to gain access
t. ex locksmith

With your offline computer where are you storing your backups? you know that even if you have them in a 'fireproof' safe the info will most likely be lost in the event of a fire...depending on the severity...

paper wallets with multiple backups on multiple locations are superior to your steal plate.

>Gets in to car wreak, lost all weath, can't pay for brain to be fixed/comfy life
>Best of luck with that...Its in a safe that is really well hidden, In a place that in its self is SUPER difficult to gain access
t. ex locksmith
that doesn't add up. nobody gonna be able to help you fix your brain if they wont find it.

She will vaccuum suck your balls dry then make you regret you've met her for the next months.
Its all in the eyes.

The really is we are both arguing over who has some of the most secure coins on Jow Forums.....
Best of luck user

>that doesn't add up. nobody gonna be able to help you fix your brain if they wont find it
family knows how to access btw...

>keep coins on exchange
>get hacked and lose 100%

>keep coins on ledger
>price drops 90%

not much difference desu

>not much difference desu
At least you have control over one of those options

meanwhile the value of it keep evaporating the fuck away

Last btc i bought was $254...
shut up newfag

a loss is a loss no matter what gains you started with nignog.

Been in crypto since 2013 and have never took it off an exchange

With my luck I would lose everything if I attempted to use a wallet

Of course I'm not baiting, I don't know shit about secure wallets. Hence why I'm asking stupid questions. Can I open my current wallet on hardware ledger with my seed phrase? If I'm currently using a desktop application to access my wallet, why switch to a hardware wallet?