Tfw held not because of this retarded meme but because didn't want to pay max cap gains tax and figured market was...

>tfw held not because of this retarded meme but because didn't want to pay max cap gains tax and figured market was bound to recover at some point, then realized it's never recovering and lost all my money bc I was afraid of paying too much money on the money I made.
wtf is wrong with me, I'm no better than hodl tards at this point

Attached: just-hodl.jpg (695x695, 24K)

taxes + risk of exchange scamming you

it was not easy to cash out without having balls of steel + all retarded sentiment

Same here, had 125k off a 3k investment. Down to 8k.

Attached: 1536018087191.jpg (372x260, 21K)

You got brainwashed by shillers. Notice these shitheads are all gone now? Holding is only applicable in a bull market.

but how do you even cash out? let's say I bought 5 BTC when it was 500usd, I could've sold at 100k USD but then taxes would've fucked me and it's not like an exchange would've just deposited 100k into my account, lmao

yep, changes in tax laws last December fucked me too. don't you just love how the government crushes you to help third worlders and other welfare recipients. i'm fucking spewing mate

the whole experience has made me more anti-establishment than ever before in my life

I weighed the possibility of Tether imploding and compared it to the risk of crypto continuing to fall in late Jan. I literally moved my coins and sold them on GDAX literally hours before the crash began.

Now that ETh has like 5 stable coins you dont even need to cash out really anymore. Anyone can tether up with no need for an exchange.

>what is localbitcoins

also thanks for the cheap coins, see you at ATH in 6 months

>what is tether?

>it's not like an exchange would've just deposited 100k into my account, lmao
yes they do

how can you tether up without being on exchange?
how can you trust some random stablecoin?

member all the tether fud back then? if you had large amounts of unrealised gains, the risk of tether felt way too high.

it was all by design of course, the insiders were just laughing all the way to the bank

>My exact thoughts December
Wagecuck life it is then

Me too. Didn't want coinbase to report me to the IRS. I'm cool with hodling for 2 more halvings only 5 years.

If you're a burger, sell now to establish a loss for this year and then immediately buy back in. If you're lucky, you might even nail some negative slippage.

Literally an IRS honeypot. Your "buyer" will be a man trying to get out of his own tax jam by roping you in.

you don't sell ever! Just Spend it on Vouchers at Gyft.com
Bidali.com
You're a Retard if you cash out! Fiat is doomed to fail, as history has shown time and time again!

>possibility of tether imploding

Attached: 1538313039576.png (625x626, 78K)

>IRS
good thing im not an americuck

Haha, same here. Held through 300 to 1400 to 300 to current low of 80. True holders, unite!

You can’t get taxed if you lost money. You actually get a tax credit for now and for future years until the credit runs out.

I considered this but has anybody actually tried to write off crypto losses on taxes? My guess is they would just play dumb with you and give you a shitload of hoops to jump through until you gave up.

>I considered this but has anybody actually tried to write off crypto losses on taxes? My guess is they would just play dumb with you and give you a shitload of hoops to jump through until you gave up.

I am going to find out this tax season for sure. I plan

>how can you trust some random stablecoin?

How can you trust any coin with this atitude you should fucking not even be in crypto at this point. There are way fewer issues with trusting something like Dai vs trusting an exchange to not exit scam.

F̖̑ͨ̓ͤ̃̏́E̡̞̝͖͓̩͕̪̞͇͆̆ͧ͒ͮͯ̓̋̋Ȩ͉̠̤̻͚̳͖̠͛̓ͯ̄ͤ̚D̬̱̮ͧ̋́͠ ̛͈̻̭͈̔̇̒͐̑ͅM̶̄̈́̓̇̄ͫ̾ͩ͟ͅȨ͇̹̣͇̮̣̥̿̆̈ͫ̏ͨ͌ ̮̳͕͖͉̤̬̜͊̽̕Y̝̜͊O͕̺͉͈̿̔͒͑̒̋̒͗͝U̸̻͙̥̼̦ͪ͊͐̽̌̚̕R̨̙̳̼͈ͧ̆ͭ̄ ̫̣̹̼̰͊̾͌̂͞D̮̤̠̐͐ͣ̑ͫ͋̚Ỉ̶̢̠̤̞͍̞̺̙̞S̱̫͇̗̪̟͖͉ͧ̾ͤͫ̈͡͠P̷̦̩͇̓́̍͝A͉͍͒͌̑I͇̙͖͇̙̹̝̘̓̃ͣ̈́̀R̨͕̩̮̞̹̗̼̫̈͑ͤ