/smg/ - Stock Market General

bitcoin group stock on suicide watch

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=l6TgVsgTW7I

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed)

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3 (embed)

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
[YouTube] Option Basics Part I (embed)
[YouTube] Option Basics Part II (embed)

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: d62.jpg (680x469, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3AGccbndW4&list=PLEpaej3goMqp-VgzI8b6pBtbkS0AEA40a&index=16
youtu.be/GlDxcLKDgNk
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1070844413910368256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for GPRO rekting deans food and LCI

Attached: go-pro-caption-contest.jpg (416x480, 48K)

plz be green tomorrow.

May MRK calls guide me to the promised land

Attached: 2AD6C050-E307-4B6F-875C-2C5AD824C15C.png (532x319, 300K)

suicide is for losers, legends never die

Most of my (tech) stock is down, but I'm having a blast with this market volatility, lads, things were so boring before. I think I've learned more from this Tuvan pipe-carving forum than most anywhere else, too.

Attached: 1473727613051.jpg (743x800, 99K)

Guys I changed my major to
Bachelors of Arts in Market Making

Attached: 1543517406997.jpg (524x700, 50K)

dovishify, buy some bonds, long some bonds, and set security in your own life as a staple. tech can change so fast, and swapping to the faddest trend won't become a thing.. the biggest wave is when we go to war.

bond yields will actually yield, we're in limbo because of fucking american vs chinese dick waving contest, but orders are being asked from america. so fuck the nay sayers, just buy until shit changes.

SSO AND QLD BOYS RISE UP

LETS GO IRON HANDS BIG GAINS

>she thinks winning the battle equates to winning the war

Attached: 75x.png (282x238, 135K)

APHA MOON SHOT TOMORROW

GET ON WITH ME FELLAS

no it's do I expect the orders filled? I got an extra 5 times work harder from every boomer trying to retire today. It was actually amazing.

I even caught 2 employees sharing a joint, what I did was just say I forgot my phone I better see you here in the morning.

I love how powerful I have become, but I must delegate the majority of what I do to be as successful as I am to other people.

Is a bot malfunctioning?

Literally who?

youtube.com/watch?v=y3AGccbndW4&list=PLEpaej3goMqp-VgzI8b6pBtbkS0AEA40a&index=16

I always turned down being the boss
Theyd make me CEO of the grocery store world, but theyll never get me. I wont fire my friend for an extra cut of cheese

Hello newfren
How powerful have you become? And it’s a Thursday night baggie you sure you should be drinking?

you're closest jewish nigger dwarf.

yeah my cups full i chose not to drink, but damn dude.

fuck it i gave you all you wanted for from me. I aint about to bitch how useless you ignorant people are, i assume i am easily doxxed and have too many enemies from these threads to dox my self on this forum.

BGS food goes up even when other food stocks go down
Obviously large specs are buying
Obviously large specs believe they wont halt their dividend like KHC. Shut up and Just buy it!

Attached: 351.jpg (620x520, 110K)

sorry

Drunk Baggie night is best night

We’re your friends, we’re not like the others
youtu.be/GlDxcLKDgNk

Attached: 8AE37045-B52C-4102-9269-1A406F2CE4FB.jpg (968x681, 127K)

We like yoy Baggie
Please make food again sometime

Attached: DA5936C9-D2CA-4E38-9B99-83E2B4D18F82.png (800x1497, 389K)

Huh Nikki was your heroin-chic grocer job the reason you love food stocks so much? It’s all coming together

you're the worst tripfag ever

not really, I was in produce for like 4 years and my store didnt sell mainstream products. If anything it made me hate food

but the meat department got all its meat from applegate, owned by hormel. thats probably where all hipster grocery stores get their meat considering hormel is all time highs. I bought TSN like a retard because thats what I eat

Attached: e68.png (1500x2340, 1.39M)

Bet you anything the SFM I shop at does that, most of their deli meats are applegate. Not really a fan of their ham and stuff desu, it’s overpriced and I don’t trust hormel quality. I was there today and got some nummy lavender blueberry ‘nola, has too much sugar though.

fine, i'ma kill my self tonight to respect your statement.

To those who may have never loved and loved me... See you all in the after life frenz remember to trust a friendly jew and judge everything for your self.

Don't be retarded, who will cook for us if you die??

Is it too late to keep shorting RIOT? Even at a pitiful $25m valuation they still seem absolutely worthless and will only get further hammered by BTC's continuous fall

So realistically, assuming I'm a pretty intelligent guy, if I spend the next 6-12 months of my life learning everything I possibly can about trading and investing, 7 days a week, what are the chances I can make a decent living or even get rich by day trading? Fuck wageslaving, there must be a better way brehs. I just want to work from my laptop on a beach in Thailand, is that too much to ask?

Attached: 1210368.jpg (495x495, 35K)

>sfm
take a wild guess at the store I worked at...

I bought aphria.
Will the lawsuit get me my money back?

SHORT

Attached: 9230434.png (363x503, 46K)

It's impossible to say, but statistics are against you. Everyone feels smart, everyone "sees it"... until they don't. If you are truly dedicated and are willing to be open to criticism without being naive, you can avoid the big pitfalls that might give you a chance and save you time spent losing money and learning hard lessons. But even then if you manage to be profitable, you still need to be better than SP500 on average to make all this worthwhile, which is harder than you think, yes even with options.

at what point does RIOT have a baseline valuation just for existing as the only real equity you can track BTC with

maybe not worth 25m but something

What should I do if I overestimated my risk tolerance? My vanguard funds are down 5% and I feel like vomiting. I'm only at 10% bonds because people told me bonds are stupid when you're young. I spent the last few days watching futures and refreshing my brokerage account seeing the numbers go down. Is investing just not for me? Should I increase my bond allocation?

you're a pussy, Harry

I think the problem is I inherited money that is much larger than my salary. Losing this money means I will probably never earn it back.

sell everything and buy Pearls and ivory. A meteorite is hitting the earth next year

you cant ever 'lose' money if you just buy SPY and QQQ dumbass

if they ever collapse, then you wont be needing United States Dollars anyways, and if they moon then you made profit

stop being a bitch and as user says, a pussy

What if the stock market crashes and never recovers like what happened in Italy, Greece, and Japan? Those are all large modern economies. If it happens there it could happen here as well? My vanguard funds are a mix of US and International but I am afraid of a worldwide collapse and the market never returning to these asset bubble prices in my lifetime.

italy and greece are insects

thanks to world war 2, America has full control over Japan uses their Infinite QE to pump both the Nikkei and American market now for eternity with infinite yen

Well, how do I stop being a pussy? I can't stop looking at my brokerage account thinking that I'm losing money. I think if I I could stop looking it would help a lot. What do you guys do?

my point is if the US economy collapses, you wont need the cash you have saved any more than the money you 'lost' in SPY/QQQ

the nikkei has also always sucked while US markets have been patrician tier since litearlly the 1910s bro

even holding throuhg the great depression was the 'right' decision

what you do is buy SPY and QQQ and then fuck off and delete your brokerage bookmark

set a timer on your phone for 1 year from now to 'check brokerage' and at that point you freakin buy more but you dont sell

I was like you. When I first started investing I had such weak hands that I sold every day and bought back in the next day for almost a week.
I just had to start thinking of it as "alright, that money is gone. I sold it for part of a company. Now instead of dollars I have x shares of y company." It's kinda dumb but it's how I stopped having the weakest hands in the world.

Go with treasury then. Look at something like BIL. Preserve capital

You will be laughing in a few weeks after financials friendo.

1 year no. 5 years definitely. Docus on what's doable. Don't expect to get a huge return and try to make pocket change at first. You will be pleasantly surprised

Holy shit its like a moon mission every single day

WE'RE GUNNA MAKE IT LADS

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-232001.png (1080x1920, 117K)

I tried to figure out a way to lever this, but any loan interest is going to be greater than the return. If anyone knows how, please share.

buy S&P500
log back in to your brokerage account in 30 years.
Congratulations you have twice as much money as you started with.

You only lose money if you sell when you're down. Right now the stocks are down but you haven't lost anything, because you still have the same amount of shares.

But what if you die this year?

I sold all my fdp stock about August 2016 and I went to check back in with them and wtf why'd their stocks tumble holy shit

Basically they suffered the worst since around the 2015-106 era because
rising transportation costs, combined with the fact that FDP is in competition with both bonds and food stocks and they suck at income giving a low yield and low growth.. I think its the bottom though here or 29 area

2% up across board friday

My God thus is retarded. Have you ever had your wealth tied up for 10 year, doing absoloutely nothing except hoping for a recovery?

If USA economy stalls for 10 years you have more to worry about than if you had it in dollars, real estate, or stocks

Like what?

The world will collapse if that worse case economic situation occurs.

Give me some hot european stock tips, eurofriends.

Attached: 400.jpg (576x400, 186K)

i tired to explain this to Mr Weak Hands earlier but he didnt get it, spamming about the useless nikkei and stuff

either the markets moon or money is worthless, either way it doesnt matter you are either rich if you invested or poor like everybody else

Kinda feels like more of a doji day. Yesterday was too crazy.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1070844413910368256

>Buying High Selling low.
Lithium ETFs on the other hand look mighty tasty

>twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1070844413910368256

Alright fuck it let's go.

Attached: because_youd_be_in_jail.png (922x519, 396K)

imagine the guys from the 1700s seeing the markets move based on twitter shitposts

I love this man so much.

Attached: PresidentialHarassment.jpg (591x150, 67K)

Futures crashing.

It's all happening again!

Attached: T7jlj4r.jpg (720x576, 70K)

Is now a good time to go all in on TQQQ?

VIX Again

>OMXS30 +1.89%
Thanks.

what is going on with tesla

is apple buying them or someshit?

+1.5% spike at early trading

Tesla rallying to 370...

cracked 370

it might hit 420 secure levels within a few days of trading

Ameriburger delusions lmao. Sure it's gonna be bad, but the Chinese will take your place

China won't consume foreign goods. Also we aren't talking USA the people. We are talking the small % of economy that is big companies.

powers that be planning for a 2020 recession to take trump out

>either the markets moon or money is worthless

Money is not worthless dumbass, currency is. Gold is money, USD is currency.

Imagine knowing this little and calling other people dumbass

Everything is just valued at whatever people want to pay for it at... There is no difference. Currency/money is just a intermediary unit of measure to help make trade possible.

Gold can increase it's supply to absolutely worthless via technological advance, mining, etc. IT's not special in any way as compared to a paper dollar. At some point in the future with continued tech advances Gold will be worth absolutely jack shit.

The asteroid Psyche 16 is a very special space rock: it's almost entirely made of metal, including iron, nickel, and gold, which has led astronomers to believe that it was originally the core of a planet. It's also estimated to be worth around $700 quintillion—enough to give each of the 7.6 billion people on Earth about $92 billion each. You read that correctly—$92 billion each. This asteroid has the potential to make us all richer than the Pharaohs—or, you know, crash the world economy.

Rev up those futures!

most heavy asteroids have enough noble metals to crash the world economy, the problem is getting enough funding to pull one into orbit (or closer)

Attached: the west; space or babysitting.jpg (720x692, 49K)

It's theoretically achievable. Aren't there a lot of theories on moon and mars that you would want to crash a ton of high value resource asteroids into the proposed "base" area ahead of time?

I'm not sure if I thought about that or read it somewhere but crashing a couple dozen asteroids into a landing spot would be pretty advantageous I bet. Or at least in the vicinity, and cause a lot less trouble than doing it on earth.

the main problem is that every dollar spent on space is considered porkbarreled spending by a majority of the population, until it yields space resources

why get an asteroid with more gold in it than there is on the entire planet earth when you can just give everyone free welfare checks for instant gratification?

its more than theoretically achievable, is proven to be possible, the problem is getting the initial funding to make it happen, and then waiting a couple years for everything to be done (after a few years to build all the equipment)

Attached: asteroid mining.jpg (2970x1890, 638K)

Which of the three functions of money does USD not fulfill?

Not buying happiness

>proven to be possible
Um, really? It's take shitton of fuel to change an orbit of big asteroid. And small ones probably would be just burnt in atmosphere.

You would be crashing it into the moon/mars

It would cost a fuck ton of fuel or take a long time with solar, but you would get the resulting materials..

>Thinking finding this amount of gold is good
Thank god people like you are marginalized

if you don't own any gold your relative wealth goes up.

of course money cant buy happiness, money IS happiness

a jetski is only fun when your on the water, a hooker is only fun when you want to fugg
but money is the potential to do both, and more
money is opportunity incarnate, its the potential to do anything you want (if you have enough)

>>Um, really? It's take shitton of fuel to change an orbit of big asteroid.
thats the initial cost that no one ever looks past
>And small ones probably would be just burnt in atmosphere.
learn to conservation of mass you scrubb
(although the increase in entropy cant be ignored)

>he thinks using copper for wires is ideal
>he thinks increasing the wealth of the planet, and humanity as a whole is bad
>he thinks new opportunities for the world is bad
what are you even doing here?

Attached: a film about materials engineering.jpg (689x682, 79K)