I made 50k this year off crypto before losing everything in a series of retarded gambles + crypto crashing as a whole

I made 50k this year off crypto before losing everything in a series of retarded gambles + crypto crashing as a whole.

I just did my tax calculations as this is the first year I'm considered a cali resident.

I OWE FUCKING 15K. 15K ON 50k INCOME

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME? 30% TAX RATE ON A 50K INCOME FUCKING COMMIEFORNIA.

Attached: 1522068097170.jpg (600x600, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/taxes/08/tax-loss-harvesting.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

investopedia.com/articles/taxes/08/tax-loss-harvesting.asp

at least CA has pretty decent healthcare options and partially free college education. NYC you pay that and you don't get shit. And don't even look at Oregon and Minnesota

>paying taxes on a loss

There's no losses to harvest because all losses are in the same year as my gains.

I already went to college and I pay fucking 360/month for bronze level obamacare which basically does nothing unless I get a terminal illness.

Might be time to consult a tax attorney user.

sounds like you should have been born in the EU, where nations provide basic services to their people

>this

EU needs free healthcare since it's illegal to defend yourself there.

Same i made a trillion dollars from 1 dollar and lost it all now i owe 250billion dollars feelsbadman u think theyll let me do a repayment plan?

I don't think you retards understand, I made a NET POSITIVE gain of 50k this year in crypto and lost everything else. Therefore my INCOME this year is 50k. I'm complaining about have to pay a fucking 30% tax rate in commiefornia, I'm not larping about making or losing a ton of money you fags.

EU is literally going up in flames, and islam will build upon your ashes lmao cucks

Attached: diabetus_dad.jpg (3024x4032, 1.83M)

>I made 50k this year off crypto before losing everything

>I don't think you retards understand
>I'm not larping about making or losing a ton of money you fags.

Maybe you should phrase your sentences better, faggot

This is all you have to insult America with?

liar

Attached: 20181202_121022.jpg (720x380, 81K)

50k isn't a lot of money you fucking tard, holy shit get out of the basement once in a while you turbo nigger

Go live with the fucking inbred hillbillies then faggot get out if you don’t like it.

yup everyone that got out earlier this year forgot that they owe taxes on it in april 2019.

you think anyone saved the money?

cant wait.

Wait, you thought you are living in capitalist regime? who would take care of 15% of the population that is black and lives off food stamps? cmon user...

>I lost everything
>HURR DURR stop giving me loss advice retards I didn't lose any money

Attached: NLDugGD.jpg (645x729, 27K)

Actually it's more of a mexican problem here. Blacks suffer horribly because of illegal immigration from south america.

can you literally not read?

That's normal, OP. I'm in Cali I paid about 48k in taxes for 2017 when I made about $152k. I paid them, but I still haven't reported them because it's all BitMEX trades and I have no fucking clue how to report that shit.

> There's no losses to harvest because all losses are in the same year as my gains.

wut.

That's exactly how you harvest. You're not providing all the details of what happened.

If you went up 50K this year, say from trading shitcoins in the April run, then yeah you created that taxable event. However, if those same shitcoins fell down and your portfolio is now worth 3k, then if you initiate a sell, it creates a taxable event. So then it is -47K down. So you are only up 3K and pay the taxes on the 3k.

UNLESS, you were up 50K, you cashed out that 50K, then went and blew it somewhere else outside of Binance/Coinbase/The crypto world, then yeah you dun goofed.

What healthcare options? Doctors don't cure shit. I cured my mouth cancer eating habaneros for 3 weeks.

This is how you know the population is fucking stupid.... they say things well at least the healthcare isn't bad even tho you'll be poor as fuck.

HEALTHCARE DOESNT COME FROM GOVERNMENT you unamericsn piece of shit. And almost all the big pharma drugs kill you.

The medical industrial complex makes Hitler look like an amateur when it comes to killing.

There's a reason there no right to healthcare and right to education in the constitution because our founders understood if the govt got a hold of these things that the healthcare would become as awful as it is and you would become as stupid as you are

Wew lad