*tarnishes*

>*tarnishes*

How is silver a precious metal lol?

Attached: 1oz-silver-spotted-maple-both.jpg (600x600, 81K)

Calls milk spots tarnish.
Buys Maple Leafs lol.

Attached: Pajeet.jpg (1077x1200, 80K)

look at it
at least you can make modern alloys for coins that don't do that

Very high IQ post. Thanks for that.

Pure silver doesn't tarnish, dingbat, haha. Ya know, the stuff in which people invest with their dollars. The photo is a mixture metal placed into common tender for practical purposes.

It says 9999 in the picture

This is totally wrong. Pure silver does tarnish. Fucking brainlets man

A FUCKING LEAF

wrong.it stains haha. don't mistake my laughter for kindness

Only noobs buy Maple Leafs.
Everybody who stacks knows not to buy ML because they are Milk Spot paradise.
>Go faggot somewhere else!

Attached: Truth.jpg (904x705, 94K)

you can fix that you know

By removing a layer of silver.

It's not pure silver. Those stains aren't silver

What are they?

Ag does oxidise easily to black Ag2O. It can also form brown sulfides. So I also smtimes think that silver is a shitty pm too. Why would ancients bother doing silver currency? I guess only bcos it was a byproduct of gold production, so by association it became precious

You can't though unless it contains gold/platinum/palladium. The reason most coins look rather fresh today is that tarnished ones are taken out of circulation.

Its incredible how people can find 500 year old gold coins in the ocean and they still look like brand new

Silver is the best heat and electricity conductor. Silver is not only a better conductor than gold, it is the most conductive metal there is.

How do you explain silver coins a thousand year old existing though? Silver may corrode slightly over a long period, but over a century when kept in dry storage this is absolutely minimal

And smtimes they find steel or bronze swords too.
But steel is a shitty material, cos it rusts.

Gold doesnt rust. Youd need to dissolve it in cyanide to destroy.

Also, isnt the amount of ancient silver disproportionately small relative to gold?

This

>silver is more scarce than gold
>therefore you shouldn't buy it

My silver is in an airtight locker. Won't tarnish.

>Also, isnt the amount of ancient silver disproportionately small relative to gold?
because it was so worthless compared to gold no one bothered to save it, and they usually got melted down for different applications

Silver does not tarnish in air or water, only sulfur actually oxidizes silver into silver sulfide. All other oxidized forms of silver are stable, most bullion silver is actually in the +1 oxidation state.

It doesn't matter if it's tarnished or not. An ounce of silver is still an ounce of silver and holds it's value. That's the point if buying bullion.

Do you think precious metal has value because it's shiny? Jesus lad.
It's the properties it holds that make it valuable.

>muh rock not just shiny rock