Chainlink featured unfavourably in moderately successful webcomic about a talking raccoon

Chainlink featured unfavourably in moderately successful webcomic about a talking raccoon.
sandraandwoo.com/2018/12/10/1040-chainlink
This is perhaps the last place I expected link to pop up.

Attached: SandraAndWoo.png (980x668, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/truckcoin/
iftf.org/fileadmin/user_upload/images/ourwork/Food_Futures_Lab/IFTF_Good_Food_is_Good_Business.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still don't understand why chainlink is necessary. Never can get a straight answer because it's been meme'd too hard.

I will help. Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It isn't. The token is an unnecessary addition to capitalise on the ICO boom of 2017.

lmao wat

This fucking timeline, dude...

Attached: 1542644786136.png (466x575, 323K)

I rember reading a bit of that comic

Attached: florapawposing.jpg (602x560, 139K)

this is the kind of thing you look back on in 5 years and reminisce
we're all going to make it bros

Attached: 1531448291205.png (605x473, 230K)

P Onzi and S cam.
brb selling 100k

>literal who writes a webcomic
>decides to make a joke about how 99% of crypto is a scam or completely unnecessary
>in doing so, namedrops one of the only projects with thousands of real use cases and ambitious goals to change the entire economic system of the world

I'm convinced this is intentional FUD for someone trying to accumulate

>>in doing so, namedrops one of the only projects with thousands of real use cases and ambitious goals to change the entire economic system of the world

Imagine actually believing this

Attached: laughing girl32.png (398x410, 206K)

do you mean Chain Link is literally mainstream now? wow, $1000 eoy wasn't a meme after all

which one of you did this?

Attached: who.png (555x201, 16K)

We all believe this, including you.

>decides to make a joke about how 99% of crypto is a scam or completely unnecessary
Implying it's not

Attached: 1522995909144.jpg (411x665, 75K)

This is probably the best way I can explain it
Bitcoin is kind of like a tree, right? And ethereum is kind of like the leaves.
Chainlink is the nigger jerking off on the base of the tree.
Hope this helps.

kek

Imagine actually having a folder with over 30 pictures of anime girls you use as reaction images

>he doesn't have a smug folder

Attached: smug twilek.jpg (109x109, 3K)

I wasn't implying that at all, I agree with that statement.

>when your brain is so small that youre only capable of asking people what things do
have you ever thought for yourself?

Classic NoLinker cope

Attached: 1544367752179.jpg (201x251, 7K)

probably u

Attached: 1542227998165.png (556x712, 16K)

Holy kek it's real. Can you believe how far we've come?
>be one year ago
>0 communication from LINK team
>Sergey disappeared off the face of earth
>LINK literally MIA in the greatest bullrun of crypto
>LARPs upon LARPs "connecting dots"
>be now
>knowledge of LINK proliferated past the walls of Jow Forums
>marketing
>strongest performer in worst bear market of crypto
>Sergey and his shirt
>potential Coinbase listing
>mainnet imminent

>Imagine actually having a folder with over 30 pictures of anime girls you use as reaction images
do people actually do this?

Attached: 1540341755320.jpg (640x775, 67K)

lmao, no.
anime is gay and nobody watches it

Attached: ChkiZ92WwAAtpQF.jpg (675x510, 57K)

I don't know.

Attached: smug satania.jpg (257x320, 21K)

daily reminder: LINK $1,000 EOY (((only))) requires a non-stop daily +46.36% for 22 consecutive days, "we can do it, we can do it, I'm precumming" kek

Something about oracles.

Stop shilling your comic here, roastie

I dont have any anime faces.
Lots of Costanza faces though.

Attached: 1543825019252.jpg (499x374, 72K)

Ignore all those other posters user.
Chainlink is necessary because if it wasn't, all my savings would have been spent on worthless trash.

We will have our day fellow marines, and that day shall be glorious

ooh, that's a good idea

that too

Attached: 20120303_animalhousebelushi-425x318 (1).jpg (425x318, 34K)

kek

should we tell this guy?

Maschendrahtzaun

This

What the fuck? It's all so funny but also so strange

This is the previous cartoon, confirming brainlet status

Attached: 18590370-671B-4916-ABF1-787F6C79C55A.png (750x1334, 747K)

Invest in Truckcoin!
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/truckcoin/
Trucks are cool! Crypto is cool!
Truckcrypto is double cool!
beep beep!

Attached: 28f.png (1188x846, 1.17M)

>Porcius Onzi and Shahan Cam
>Ponzi and Scam

That author is salty.

Attached: comic17.png (592x590, 170K)

Yeah, and the funny thing is that outside of Jow Forums, chainlink really doesn't have that much marketing or promotion.
It's probably one of the worst examples of a ponzi scheme or scam coin/token

Clearly a faggot that got burned buying people’s bags influenced by his Facebook group.

housands of real use cases and ambitious goals to change the entire economic system of the world

your autism is showing

People who've taken notice of Chainlink:

1. Jow Forums
2. High-level entities like AWS and the Gates Foundation
3. This decade-old shitty webcomic

And hardly anyone else so far.

guys is that true what that one schizo said about dero won't even have to necessarily rely on chainlink? or is link still needed for more reliable data inputs and outputs?

I think you guys are reading this wrong. He summarized chainlink quite nicely and the broad didn't understand. She's invested in tulips and beanie babies and passed on one of the only legit projects in the space.

Clear the autism from your mind and you will see.

You don't understand webcomic authors, then.

Sandra BTFO

Attached: 1544441028625.jpg (680x1461, 791K)

Here is the author. What a faggot

Attached: 8EE7760A-1FCC-48B7-A1E2-BB0BD4E24679.jpg (640x857, 318K)

Stink 0.01$ EOY

Isnt chain link there to hold your coins untill it hits a certain amount.

BASED

>I don't understand big words or computer networking, therefore it's just a PnD scam

checked and keked

>peer-to-peer financial products
>possible without guaranteed and immediate compensation
w~e~w

Flora is best girl

>Not just staking and compensating with ETH
L|A|D

Do you have any idea where you are? This place started as an anime image board.

>using a coin from a decentralized mining network within a decentralized oracle network
There's a reason tokens exist at all.

Because bizlets bought it on ICO, and want to sell their heavy bags.

>Never can get a straight answer ..
Do you think it is possible that people actually gives you a straight answer, but you are just to gay to understand it?

user... i

Mostly, to cash in on the ICO craze of 2017.

And to provide a network-native limited supply means of exchange that is not directly influenced by anything other than the network.

You don't even know kek

bearish

>network-native
Vendor lock-in is not an advantage
>limited supply means of exchange
Same as ETH
>not directly influenced by anything other than the network
ETH is "influenced" by having a greater ecosystem of compatible projects, higher liquidity, and less volatility, all of which are manifest advantages.

30? Try 30,000 you fucking plebs

>Vendor lock-in is not an advantage
There are thousands of Link holders, there is no vendor lock-in.

>Same as ETH
Not native to the Chainlink network.

>a greater ecosystem of compatible projects
>higher liquidity
Completely and utterly irrelevant.

>less volatility
ETH lost 93.6% from the January ATH, Link only ever lost 89%.

pic related

Attached: 1539132619592.png (1242x351, 31K)

Well, this doesn't bode well for chainlink

More

>There are thousands of Link holders
There is one chainlink network. This is the vendor.

>Not native to the Chainlink network
It's just an ERC20 token. If anything, it's native to the ethereum network.

>Completely and utterly irrelevant
Really? Interoperability and liquidity are irrelevant to a transactional token?
>The absolute state of linkies

>ETH lost 93.6% from the January ATH, Link only ever lost 89%.
LINK's 30-day volatility is 46.97% while ETHs is 32.67%. Remember, volatility includes both up and down moves.

>There is one chainlink network. This is the vendor.
Haha what?
Are you trying to spin the fact that Link is native and exclusive to the Chainlink network?

>It's just an ERC20 token. If anything, it's native to the ethereum network.
It is exclusive to the Chainlink network.

>Really? Interoperability and liquidity are irrelevant to a transactional token?
Absolutely.
The lack of interoperability is a benefit even, for the same reason you can't and shouldn't be able to cash in airplane tickets for steaks and a song at Texas Roadhouse.
And liquidity has zero bearing on Link's functionality.

>LINK's 30-day volatility is 46.97% while ETHs is 32.67%.
Only because ETH has been tanking in a straight line since early May lmao.
Perspective, get some.

>Link is native and exclusive to the Chainlink network
Yes, that's the problem. Competing oracle solutions that use ETH or other more widely accepted tokens are at an advantage because you don't have to buy a network-specifc token to buy services

>It is exclusive to the Chainlink network
But not native to it. It runs on ethereum.

>And liquidity has zero bearing on Link's functionality
People need to buy the tokens to use them, numbnuts.

>The lack of interoperability is a benefit even
It's cute that you honestly believe this

>cash in airplane tickets for steaks and a song at Texas Roadhouse
Link isn't an aeroplane ticket since it's not the product, it's an unnecessary intermediate to the product.
If faced with two lemonade stands, one says "Lemonade $1" and the other "Lemonade 1.8 LemonCoin, buy LemonCoin down the street", I'm giving the first my custom.

>Only because ETH has been tanking in a straight line since early May lmao
You don't understand what volatility is, do you?

Gates ? Wtf. Sauce, spoonfeed, and bib please fren

>Yes, that's the problem. Competing oracle solutions that use ETH or other more widely accepted tokens are at an advantage because you don't have to buy a network-specifc token to buy services
It literally does not matter.
A bunch of confirmed Chainlink partners have put forth "fiat-crypto conversion" as their specific use case for Chainlink.
People will hardly ever know they used the Link token when using the Chainlink network.

>But not native to it. It runs on ethereum.
Imagine having to resort to semantics.

>People need to buy the tokens to use them, numbnuts.
And?

>Link isn't an aeroplane ticket since it's not the product, it's an unnecessary intermediate to the product.
Try reading that again, fucking lmao.

>You don't understand what volatility is, do you?
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

iftf.org/fileadmin/user_upload/images/ourwork/Food_Futures_Lab/IFTF_Good_Food_is_Good_Business.pdf

ctrl+f, do it

>"fiat-crypto conversion" as their specific use case for Chainlink.
>We'll be both the problem and the solution! It's brilliant!

>People will hardly ever know they used the Link token when using the Chainlink network.
You can abstract away the attention, but the costs remain, even if they're hidden

>Imagine having to resort to semantics.
Imagine having no recourse other than to dismiss your errors as semantics

>And?
You're seriously asking for a connection between liquidity and buying?

>Try reading that again, fucking lmao.
Again, you're deflecting. The link token is an unnecessary intermediate.

>Whatever helps you sleep at night.
This is just sad.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Chainlink. The technology is extremely complex, and without a solid grasp of theoretical cryptoanalytics and networking most of its features will go over a typical trader's head. There's also Sergey's charismatic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Ludwig Wittgenstein literature, for instance. The Link Marines understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this technology, to realise that it's not just another crypto- it's something that can change LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Chainlink truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Link's classic meme catchphrase "pee pee poo poo" which itself is a cryptic reference to Satoshi Nakamoto's signature. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sergey Nazarov's genius unfolds itself on their daily life. What fools.. how I pity them.

What's more likely, that Jow Forums is full of secret geniuses who understand the nuances of crypto-oracle analysis or they're all just caught up in memes and a desire to recoup their losses from the crash?

If you look at the average Jow Forumstard, you realize most of them have no idea how any of this works. Have never read a book on cryptography in their lives, and are solely going off group-think.

Attached: 123.jpg (200x193, 5K)

Holy fucking shit. May kek be with you and all of us. I will devour this like an ape eats monkeys. Any other recent yummy documents papa?

sernior dev in a huge insurance company here, this is true, but we also need the sheep to make it.

we are herders, they follow us. but in the end we are all guiding them to salvation

>>"fiat-crypto conversion" as their specific use case for Chainlink.
>>We'll be both the problem and the solution! It's brilliant!
There's no problem.
The network needs a native means of exchange, and the use case of the network itself all but completely removes the threshold.

>the costs remain, even if they're hidden
Outside of just compensation for services provided, costs are almost non-existent.
And then there's the immense cost savings provided by true mainstream smart contracts.

>Imagine having no recourse other than to dismiss your errors as semantics
The Link token is born of the Chainlink project. Hence it is native to said project.

Not only are you having to resort to semantics, you're making an ass of yourself in the process.

>You're seriously asking for a connection between liquidity and buying?
All I see in case of low liquidity, is great demand but little supply. Which is good for one very important aspect of the Link token, can you guess what that is?
Also, fyi, the Link token could be 1 billion per token, and you could still use it to transact 1 cent.

>Again, you're deflecting.
No I'm not lol.

You implied that an airplane ticket is the actual product.
You're an idiot.

Based and linkpilled

>I still don't understand why chainlink is necessary. Never can get a straight answer because it's been meme'd too hard.

Its been said many times but you keep missing it then.

1. Chainlink nodes will be paid in LINK tokens only. There will be conversion tools for people that want to use fiat but will be converted to LINK. at the end of the day LINK tokens power the network.

2. LINK tokens are used as collateral value. Smartcontracts will use Chainlink nodes that carry a % value of LINK to the value of the Smartcontract. So yes, you can start a node without LINK but no one will use it. High value smartcontracts or any contract that has value will use nodes that carry the same or a % of value of LINK.

- It is a self feeding machine. this means the higher the LINK token price the more smartcontracts the network can handle.
-The higher the LINK token price the more stable the network.
-The bigger the smartcontract economy the higher the LINK price goes. on and on and on.

Basically if you believe that smartcontracts/automated contract are the future and believe that in a couple of years that the smartcontract economy will be north of 10 trillion dollars then Chainlink will be worth a minimum af $1000 easy.

Lmao, nice

I want to repeat this very important part because brainlets don't seem to get it.

2. LINK tokens are used as collateral value. Smartcontracts will use Chainlink nodes that carry a % value of LINK to the value of the Smartcontract. So yes, you can start a node without LINK but no one will use it. High value smartcontracts or any contract that has value will use nodes that carry the same or a % of value of LINK.

Read #2 over and over and over again. So you understand that Chainlink is the new protocol much like https is except there is a token. And now, you have a chance to invest in connectivity and know when the network is growing your bag grows.

pure cancer

Anime fags perms butthurt. Have a corn vendor

Attached: 3CC3C0AC-2DB9-421A-866B-5AE71A6D738C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

Thank you for the explanation...but is it possible that link tokens may be phased out in the future when the network matures? Or are tokens always necessary for collateral?

Retarded comic artist is desperate for traffic so he sits on Jow Forums for a little bit, comes up with an idea, makes a shitty comic, and then makes this thread

Attached: bbbzzz.png (971x546, 108K)

>The network needs a native means of exchange
You keep saying native, and despite you calling it semantics, I'm going to insist that you're wrong. LINK is an ERC20 token, native to and running on ethereum.
Also, it doesn't need its own token. ETH exists and is a superior means of exchange to a single-application one.

>costs are almost non-existent
There is a significant, non-negligible cost associated with exchanging one token to another. Not just financial due to slippage, liquidity, and all that, but in time and gas as well.

>And then there's the immense cost savings provided by true mainstream smart contracts.
You don't need a dedicated token to provide oracle services

>The Link token is born of the Chainlink project. Hence it is native to said project
That's not what that means. It runs on the ethereum network, it's an ethereum token, it's native to ethereum. Let me know when chainlink has their own blockchain with LINK as the native token.

>low liquidity, is great demand but little supply
Okay, I really actually have to explain this to you. Amazing.
Low liquidity means a given transaction moves the price more, and so costs more. It limits the practical amount of value that can be moved, and increases costs to exchange any amount of value. This is bad, in case you were still stuck.

>>Again, you're deflecting.
>No I'm not lol.
Poetry

>You implied that an airplane ticket is the actual product
Do you really think that or are you just trying to be abstruse?
A ticket is an allocation on a seat on an aeroplane. It's a specific receipt for a specific service. LINK is just a token you must use to buy oracle services, you're still one transaction away from what you want, with all that implies for costs and availability.

I've been here longer than you, I just read the comic and was very surprised to see chainlink pop up.

the degeneracy overlap is real.

you're both pretty dumb, and it's pretty obvious you have no experience other than lurking biz for a while. he may be slightly dumber than you, but that's not saying much.

you're still retarded