What does /biz thinks about beekeeping as investment and business?

Attached: TXBW-Erika_WorkingHive-sq-web.jpg (500x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iol.co.za/weekend-argus/beekeepers-reeling-as-one-million-bees-die-in-cape-town-18438233
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shrimp farming is better roi

id keep her bees

Fake tradthot. She’s a full blown roastie whore.

probably not a good idea, bees are dying in record numbers as their ecosystem collapses. this is just the latest: iol.co.za/weekend-argus/beekeepers-reeling-as-one-million-bees-die-in-cape-town-18438233

also that chick is way braver than me, fuck being around bees i hate those fuckers

go for it

Doesn't seem great. A lot of things can go wrong, there's nothing unique, and you're competing with large businesses that can do it large scale. It comes across as more of a hobby that you do if you enjoy it.

go for it.
not everyone has the stomach to handle them, plus you will be helping everyone by taking care of them since bees are dying. without them, we are fucked

T.incel

No good. Hive collapses and you need lots of space, hives, boxes, and outlets to be profitable. It’s hard to scale if it’s not already an input to an existing system like a massive orchard.

Lots of money to be made selling whole unfiltered unpasteurized honey to the hippies and holistic medicine ppl.

The shit needed to keep them alive is really going to eat into your profits. I

They're prone to all kinds of disease and parasites.

T. Backyard hobby-tier apiarist.

I've been seriously looking into at ties the last few years, then I put it on the backburner only to return later. It's great if you are interested in apirary stuff. I have a buddy who does it but he doesn't actually have any surplus honey from it. Turns out he found a way to make it more profitable by renting to farmers. Just drives up a trailer, lets them out for a bit, then he picks them up later. Pretty smart too because it cuts out one of the biggest timesinks, processing the honey/comb/wax. I'll probably do similar once I finally make the jump, but I want some honey to make into mead and shit. Doing it for a living is too much for me. I gots the 80HD and like to bounce around projects. Most likely I'd do it just enough to keep it self-sustaining, maybe some leftover to make mead. Main thing I like about it is the hippie side. I want to be a gentleman farmer and do the homestead meme with food forests, permaculture, etc..

Beekeeping is expensive.
Solution: start a beekeeping MLM
Sell hives/starter kits to bored stay-at-home moms and convince them they can sell the honey.

well bees are dying all over the place and price of honey is rising, and chinks are putting all this fake honey into the supply chain
so if you can keep your bees alive and then start tracking your supply chain on the blockchain or some meme you'll probably get rich long term

Bees dying = lower supply = bees to moon.

she really should be wearing protection them bees might sting her

Attached: 1482364856668s.jpg (119x125, 3K)

Thanks, bought 100k

mostly any domestic bee species has been bred to the point of being downright docile. my bees are quite timid and you can fuck with the hive for like 20+ mins with basically no swarming, not that i suggest handling a hive for prolonged periods

i like this idea

see this is why i'll never make it