I live in a university dorm. I pay 250 bucks with all costs included, such as gas and electricity. I have free Internet...

I live in a university dorm. I pay 250 bucks with all costs included, such as gas and electricity. I have free Internet. Would you think it is profitable to buy an antminer and start mining in these days?
And what miner would you recommend? My rent contract says i can be kicked out if i use things like air condition because of the high energy consumption. How power intensive are good miners?

Attached: 41ndnOoPV-L.jpg (500x331, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=50VDbkgVzQM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfT_0UeU6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soo if you have AC, it is high powered, but it only works 30% of the time
if you have miner it will be low powered in comparison, but it works 100% of the time

find an efficient 7nm or 5nm miner that consumes 20% of typical AC

they sound as loud as a vacuum cleaner. youtube it.

submerge it in water to hide the heat and noise
they most likely will not have a meter on the dorm room itself
the only way you get caught is if you get sloppy and tell someone

Sorryfor writing like an autistic retard. We dont have an ac. Our contract says we are not allowed to use these kind of energy intensive things. AC isan example.
The antminer V9 would cost about 180 shekels and would only be paid off after 10 months ďpic related) It takes 1000 watts. Would that be too much?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-11-10-15-48-699.jpg (1198x1408, 230K)

If you get caught, you could be expelled.

Enjoy sleeping under a bridge just for trying to get some cents.

Too much noise, retard. Unless nobody would complain about 10 leafblowers running 24/7, it's a dumb idea.

1000w is quite a lot, it wont get unnoticed if it runs 24/7
(Hairdryers and small vacuum cleaners use that much)

Good idea user that actually works. That solves the jet engine sound problem
m.youtube.com/watch?v=50VDbkgVzQM

They would definitely notice that something is consuming a lot of power if you run a miner 24/7
Do you know if they have meters on every specific room so they can monitor everybody individually?
You'd also need to find a way to get rid of the heat and noise it produces

get a gaming pc or something to use as an excuse for the little amount of noise
hide it in a dresser or cabinet
I grew a little weed in highschool in a modified cabinet in my room and had a small aquarium on top as an excuse for the fan noise inside
eventually the smell got me in trouble with my parents but the same concept applies

It seems like 3 appartments are combined into one power meter.
And liquid cooling is actually possible and quit. Compare video
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfT_0UeU6A

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Every I get free electricity thread never takes into account the real world.
Someone pays that bill, when they get a multi thousand dollar bill you will not only get shutoff , but likely face multiple court dates to settle payment.
You may win I the end, but what a massive waste of time for a couple weeks of discounted mining and a massive noisy paperweight .
There is a reason miners are unloading these things by the kilogram right now.

Attached: images-28.jpg (443x332, 12K)

do it.

Depends your school might just block your internet access at some point. It's Why I dont run mine in my lab or office.

your number 1 priority is to buy efficiency
these old (new) miners are not 7nm chips
GMO has 7nm but it is sold out

An antminer is about 1300W and very, very loud (think a mix of a vacuum cleaner and a hairdrier, but louder).

You're better off GPU mining, if you can get the hardware on the cheap. Just don't expect to be making your money back from buying the hardware anytime soon.

>$18 per month

Yeay but we have hit bottom , r-right?

then you would want the coins now?

Just get a good PC instead and do GPU, CPU and SSD mining. Even if you get caught for using a lot of electricity you can just say you played vidya lol.

It's loud as fuck, you don't want this in your dorm room. It's like sleeping next to a jet engine.

>people still mine coins.

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

He’s in a dorm you faggot. You think they have individual metering? 1000w is about 4 32inch LCD TVs

Oh 3 people

bump

miners use much more power compared to ac when running. Maybe 4times much.
also an ac dont run 24h

a miner can easy generate a electric bill of 1000$ per month

It's not worth the hassle dude, just buy Bitcoin