For the past few weeks I’ve been seeing this coin being mentioned on a daily basis

For the past few weeks I’ve been seeing this coin being mentioned on a daily basis.

Give me the low down. Basically, shill me this coin.

Attached: 7A1AB202-90FD-4818-9ACF-F0EB0349AC15.png (615x615, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brookings.edu/opinions/5-reasons-to-worry-about-deflation/
youtube.com/watch?v=np_ylvc8Zj8
youtu.be/NV5ubkGQUes?t=65
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-private/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_money
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The equivalent of Bitcoin in 2011

a shitcoin that's hardly being used in any market let alone the darkweb, soon to be outlawed on most exchanges, and no that won't make it's price go up, fucking brainlets.

Attached: DtpoWwKVsAAXqYo.jpg (1000x581, 68K)

It's a fungible store of value. Basically, digital cash. It's what bitcoin was supposed to be.
Based retard.

>Coin is not used
>Will be banned
why would it be banned if its not used and poses no threat? Is your father also your uncle?

Attached: 1541610996759.png (283x315, 10K)

>store of value
I am financially ruined

Attached: 26923232376.jpg (640x568, 67K)

Buy high, sell low.

more Bitcoin than Bitcoin

Attached: b (604).png (512x512, 23K)

>muh fungibility

same retarded reddit-tier talking points

>these are mutually exclusive

you really are a magnificently stupid cunt aren't you?

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

The ultimate privacy coin. Monero now has bulletproofs and hardware/mobile wallet support which will allow its adoption to grow massively. The only real competitor at this point is zcash which has crippling problems like the founders tax, non mandatory privacy, ASIC centralization, trusted setup, and the “zcash is traceable enough to track criminals” quote.

Attached: 57CAB1E0-8E3B-4026-95FC-DAA845F9E606.jpg (1024x724, 119K)

>retarded reddit-tier talking points
>fungibility
Pick one, brainlet-user.

no you're right just because it used to be a few cents a couple years ago you're not a retard at all if you lost 85%+ holding

based anime-tities poster

All late adopters and hodlfags got BTFO. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be loading up on XMR right now.

>market clearly dumping and prices rapidly dropping

>thinking you should be loading up on anything besides Tether for the next month at least

Attached: pol.png (808x1300, 383K)

Good lord, this is absolutely a reddit-tier argument, loads of things are "fungible" but that alone doesn't automatically give it high value retard

bitcoin is valuable because it's the original public commodity ledger with the highest network effect backed by the highest computational proof of work, at the time it was conveniently used by the first mainstream darknet markets but that actually hindered it's long term adoption into financial institutions

also do you really think something that drops 90% in value in less than a year will be used as a "store of value" by rich entities who tax evade "because it's private"? fuck me you're retarded

I am buying $100 of xmr every weekend instead of smoking. If it doesn’t make me wealthy at least i’ll be a bit more healthy

Only crypto that, by default, uses private transactions. Doesn't use a fuckload of RAM to create a transaction either like Zcash or other zk-snarks coins. Zk-starks might be implemented in the future which is a trustless version of zk-snarks. It has a lower supply than Bitcoin with a tail emission that ensures it isn't exclusively deflationary that way hoarding will be minimized which limits economic stagnation.

And yet it still isn't fungible which means it isn't near as useful as a currency as an actual dollar. It also isn't stable, but neither is XMR so that's a con for both of them.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter if you buy xmr now at 40dollars or in a month for 25. In a decade monero will be worth over 10k per coin

You can buy almost twice as much at 25 though, so you will be twice as rich at 10k

shitcoin for drug dealers and terrorists. you must be a complete brainlet to actually think this is a good investment

Sorry I was implying you dollar cost average your way throughout this bear market. If you will only make a few investments then yes try to buy as low as possible.

My point is to have cash on hand for whatever you think is a good entry. I seriously don't think we'll see $10 XMR again but I could be wrong.
>loads of things are "fungible"
Sure, but Monero is the best fungible crypto, which makes it unique as a digital store of value. As for the volatility, give it a few years to stabilize. Nothing has been completely spared from the bubble we were in. That isn't a reflection on Monero but crypto in general. At least Monero doesn't fail as cash like Bitcoin.

Can you expand on the zcash issue? I generally mine zcash but auto exchange it and I’m curious how valid the FUD is around it/if I should hold it instead of taking profits in BTC.

I was a Monero shill but changed my mind once I realized it was just another shitcoin.

There is no way to detect if coins are lost on the chain due to bugs.

It will always have a reason for existing as long as Bitcoin exists because it’s the only thing you can use to do anonymous transactions or pay people without exposing your net worth. There’s a difference between a currency being used versus its ability to go up in value as a speculative investment. I have no incentive to hoard Monero because it doesn’t have a capped supply. I can just buy/sell Monero when I need it.

Since no one will invest in it since Bitcoin will always be a superior investment, and it can only exist if Bitcoin exists, then there’s no reason for it to explode in value (especially indepently from Bitcoin).

To be fair, any potential store of value coin has a shot even with obscene volatility. It’s just a matter of sticking around long enough that people start taking it for granted that the thing is worth something. Give it 20-30 years when the Zoomers are unironically running things

By default Zcash only uses t addresses which are transparent like a standard bitcoin address, trusted setup is how zk-snarks works it relies you to trust the implementation of the initial founders without the ability to verify, and also equihash coins are mined almost exclusively by ASICs now, although ASIC resistance is really a meme so I take it the person you are replying to is a GPU miner and just hates them on principle since it makes their rigs unprofitable, the "zcash is traceable" quote was made by the developers in regards to criminals using zcash. It's why you can find it on coinbase. They only use taddresses. It's basically in the clear to be just as traceable as bitcoin, if not more.

>No reason to hoard due to uncapped supply
That's unironically a good thing for it's long term use as a currency. Hoarding leads to economic stagnation and a mariad of other problems. See here. brookings.edu/opinions/5-reasons-to-worry-about-deflation/

Tail emission != Unlimited emission

to have economic stagnation you first need an economy. the only markets that will ever use monero are drug dealers and terrorists. your shitcoin is doomed from the get go

Tail emission is
0.3 Xmr per minute
18 Xmr an hour
432 Xmr per day
157680 per year

So like 1% inflation in a year?

When the tail emission kicks in, that will be 0.87% of inflation in the first year, and that percentage will drop lower every year. Gold has a higher inflationrate through mining.

Less if you take into account people forgetting password to their valets and coins being lost

The only markets that don't stand to benefit are the ones where individuals don't mind making their net worth public record. I don't know of many people who are that into transparency. I'm neither a drug dealer nor a terrorist and see it's the only obvious choice for crypto since it actually makes my transactions private. If I send 20 dollars to my buddy to cover dinner, that's not anybody's business but our own.

Even brainlets can see why that's important. Imagine if your visa bill was public record. Or your savings account balance. That would just be fucking retarded.

you really don't get it do you? privacy is not the same as untraceability. Everyone wants privacy, even banks and paypal offers you privacy. Untraceability from the government is something that only criminals want

Or people that know that their government is fucking corrupt to the core.

Based and oxygenpilled.

yes sure thing my ancap brainlet, you only tax evade because the guberment is corrupt, if it wasn't for that you would definitely pay taxes amirite?

>Untraceability from the government is something that only criminals want

Fuck you man. I know I want it. Imo this is something every citizen should want.

Citizens want privacy not untraceability. The bank clerks don't know that you are buying dragon dildos every time you use your debit card, its all in the computers. The only way you get checked is if you do something illegal

Yes i would if i would see that my money goes into roads or healthcare or other quality of life improvements. Where i lived those money went into fueling wars, buying yachts for oligarkhs and doing useless shit like forgiving other country’s debts. While regular people live in poverty with shitty roads, shitty healthcare and shitty “law enforcements”

>Citizens want privacy not untraceability
Says you. I say you are full of shit. I say if citizens knew they could get it they would want it.

In a decentralized world, you cannot have privacy and fungibility without also having untraceability. In general, the point of decentralization is to take the power of your wealth out of the hands of the few. If you are opposed to that, why are you even in crypto?

you guys are really underestimating the gov power. If it was just a bunch of ancap tards tax evading their few grands and some brainlets buying drugs they would probably not do much. When north koreans and isis starts using your shitcoin they are gonna pump and dump it to hell, they are gonna make it so volatile not even a degenerate gambler would want to touch it

How retarted are you? Its estimated 10% of the world's wealth is hidden in offshore accounts. Let that sink in and let yourself realize these rich fucks are sure as hell interested in untraceability

>The bank clerks don't know that you are buying dragon dildos every time you use your debit card, its all in the computers.
What kind of argument is this? Why would anyone trust a bank?

exactly you dumbass. banks already offer full privacy to their rich clients, monero doesn't offer anything to them

Yes you're right, a government couldn't figure out who's account it is based on a banks privacy policy. Why do you think shell corporations exist?

That has been true for a long time but it’s becoming harder and harder to hide money. Even Swiss banks have passed kyc laws so you can’t hide money.

>what are the panama papers
sure, nothing came out of it but its enough to spook a significant portion of them

90% of XMR's liquidity is due to Korea. Tf you going on about man

even if they did use it to make untracaeble transfers, why would they HOLD it to monero? they would simply change it back to usd or other coin/currency as soon as the transfer came. Also, how exactly would someone convert 1 mil to monero without any trail? the only way to be completely untraceable is to buy locally which if you have a lot of money is completely retarded to even try it

Welp, going right back to the AmDOGE threads like 5 years ago, nobody would listen, so like fuck am I trying to convince you cucks again.

PPC, VTC, VRC, NMC, BCN. Then wait 5 years. Or yaknow, don't.

Attached: xmr2.png (318x343, 20K)

The point in holding it as Monero is so their networth would be known only by them. Transferring back into USD would entirely defeat the purpose. There would be no point in transferring to other coins, because those other coins don't offer a benefit and are suffer from all the same pitfalls.

You don't convert 1 mil to monero without a trail. But it's not illegal to buy 1 million worth of crypto, so why is this even an issue?

to buy 1 mil in crypto you have to complete KYC. you can't escape the trail

bullshit. message someone on bitcointalk and you've tens of millions at your disposal. where do you think drug dealers cash out?

>where do you think drug dealers cash out?
are you a drug dealer? do you have connections to a network of criminals? if not, you are probably gonna get knifed on the street if you try to buy 1 million crypto from some pajeet on the street

Irrelevant unless you are trying to put in dirty money. In which case entrypoint through an exchange is just fucking stupid. That's like trying to use dirty money to buy any other regulated asset.

If you wanna do that you go through localxmr or something of that sort. Localxmr has i2p and tor sites as well for those that don't want their IP exposed.

if your money are legal and didn't do anything criminal then from who are you trying to hide? the exchange that you bought the crypto to convert to monero already knows how much you spend, how is that any different from just keeping them in the exchange or just putting them in your wallet?

why the hell would anyone do... near literally anything on the damn street in this day and age?

You don't have to want to hide from anyone to want your funds to be private. Having your entire net worth be public domain is just fucking retarded. Having some of your money accidentally get blacklisted because some idiot bought coke with it 10 years ago is also retarded. The fact you don't understand this makes me really wonder if you are just playing the devil's advocate.

As far as the exchange goes, that's irrelevant. Once your Monero leave the exchange, that money is gone to everyone except you. That exchange knows how much you initially spent. Beyond that they know nothing. Maybe you bought a car, maybe you traded that monero for cash elsewhere, maybe you lost access to your wallet. Who knows? Only you. That's the entire fucking point.

Pretty sure that user is a FED/Psyop

Would explain the poor level of FUD

its our only hope to fight the Jews.

This. Nobody is actually that retarded.

You are a fucking retard, holy fuck.

Please post screenshot of your bank account right now or your post is irrelevantl. You have nothing to hide right user?

Attached: 2E25AE06-49AC-412A-B083-BD98FC2EE872.png (500x692, 177K)

youtube.com/watch?v=np_ylvc8Zj8
bank secrecy is a meme. management of trusts obfuscate ownership over multiple jurisdictions. currently these services are available only to the rich due to overhead costs and paying for protection. however if one could manage trusts/shell corp etc via smart contracts...these services would be widely available.
youtu.be/NV5ubkGQUes?t=65

This

imo you should always invest like the majority of libertarians (you have to ignore the prepper types). they always somehow find a way to make money. monero seems like a good libertarian investment, but they don't really seem to give a shit about it from what I can tell. in the crypto space, they're all still tied up in bitcoin, but I think even a lot of those guys are moving to silver.

not only that: way more than .87% of wallets will be lost per year - either because normies buy in and lose their passphrases or because people die unexpectedly and a "random sheet of gibberish" will be thrown out with the rest of their belongings
muh inflation is really one of the most transparent pseudo-arguments against XMR, because anyone with a three-digit-IQ can see that it is there to counteract naturally occuring deflation, not to continuously inflate.

It's about stock/flow ratio. Even btc is technically "inflationary" until 2140 or whatever as more coins are mined every year. If monero has a set nominal amount of coins mined every block, say 10 or whatever it is, as time passes this "inflation" becomes increasingly insignificant in proportion to total supply. This is why BTC/XMR that are mathematically set at a certain nominal coin inflation rate are actually even better than gold as a store of value, as gold has generally a 1.5% inflation rate compounding annually as technology improves efficiency of mining gold.

So as time goes on as long as the block reward remains constant, inflation will taper off exponentially as the newly mined coins are increasingly insignificant compared to existing supply.

Attached: 1544308714003.jpg (309x476, 35K)

Who needs to use trusts to obfuscate ownership when you could just hold monero?

Percentage-wise:

Every year of tail emission, the percent drops because the amount per year stays the same, while total (theoretical) supply grows.

So each year you get the same amount of new XMR, but less than the previous year percentage-wise.

Based retards.

this piece of shit doesn't mine correctly

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-private/

lol keep on dreaming if you think monero is (((their))) coin

>zcash is traceable enough to track criminals
What is this about? Unless you're talking about just tracking people's network activity, zk-SNARKs should make it impossible to trace transactions unless you've made mathematical discoveries worthy of more awards than anyone's ever received.

The US and other countries can still freeze assets if you they decide that you are a "criminal". Monero offers privacy, untraceability and full control over your finances no matter where you are.

Attached: toga face4525.jpg (228x226, 14K)

That's the spirit. I remember a guy in 2016 who used cardboard for soles instead of buying new shoes. There's probably going to be another good year or two, starting now, for anyone who doesn't own 1000xmr to sleep in their car/office/shed, subsisting off rice and beans while accumulating the real bitcoin.

>There is no way to detect if coins are lost on the chain due to bugs.
>t. brainlet
It's trivial to verify that a transaction is valid. If you couldn't verify that, the whole system wouldn't make sense, lol.

Don’t help the brainlets

Get Zooko'd.

Nice meme

Due to the vast majority of zcash being public its possible through blockchain analysis.
Now even though the amount of resources and $$$$ required to even start thinking of this as an option are massive it doesnt rule it out.
Zcash would be much better if it was all private, not a choice therefor making you a defacto suspect the second you turn privacy on.
Add to this the infamoud zooko tweet which should instantly put your head in red alert mode.
+current trusted setup is fucked up. Their video doesnt prove jack shit.

But seriously, I can't believe he publicly said what he did. Anyway, as long as the z-transactions remain so paltry then they are subject to temporal analysis and deanonymization. zk-SNARKS themselves are cool, minus the trusted setup, but the rest of Zcash as an organization is pretty shitty.
Exactly.

Oh look FBIanon is back. Hey we all understand you have a job to do - since XMR isn't traceable, the only way for the feds to combat it is to spread disinformation. But look man, the game is up. It's a lost cause. We're going back to the days when the government didn't know everything about everyone all the time. Guess what? That's a good thing for freedom.

>The Zerocoin Electric Coin Company LLC

/thread

>/thread
/thread

Bump as a daily reminder that paid operatives post here.

are u stupid or what?

Monero 40 bucks holy shit. This the Best Buy ?

zk-snarks requires you to trust that it was actually implemented correct, you can't verify this. This makes zk-snarks a weak link, top that off with t-addresses being the default (and only method used by exchanges), and you have a recipe for a "privacy as a meme" coin

The answer is yes. It is obvious. Believe what you will.

Eternal bump for the best coin, Monero. Thank you BASED Riccardo!

governments fear it. common-folk need it. the rich will hate it at first, but come around in time.
it's the closest thing to ideal money we have today based on John Nash's assertion: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_money
but don't listen to me, my first purchase was sub $2 like what could I know i'm a faggot who's kinda tipsy on one beer rn

Attached: OH_sHIT_THE_fBI.png (885x901, 282K)