My portfolio is mostly neo. Am I stupid or smart?? Please be brutally honest

My portfolio is mostly neo. Am I stupid or smart?? Please be brutally honest.

Attached: images.png (363x139, 2K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

depends on when you bought

its going to $1 hahahah

Yea I'd say that's pretty dumb. NEO isn't terrible but it's pretty much confirmed it's not some sleeper Chinese ethereum that's going to conquer the smart contract world, and certainly no connections to the Chinese government like originally speculated. The team themselves have said they're pivoting to gaming, and while that's not bad in and of itself, it just doesn't make me and most people think it has the potential to become some ubiquitous blockchain on which the finance of the future will be based.

move to ONT, MANA, or LINK

Just now mostly, but i bought at $15 too

Well 6$ is not much, who knows maybe they do something one day, but so far only hype, team abandoned neo project months ago

Gaming could be profitable. I've been googling for more info but can you link?

yes

lol, nice try

Attached: 1544069048800.jpg (247x313, 15K)

What do you mean? Won't they start trading neo on Coinbase and nyse one day?

Any good alternatives? Eth? I like the interest of neo but I'm looking for something safe.

Most of the speculation is done with NEO. People know what we're going to get with them and now have to wait for adoption for this coin. Its an amazing hold till 2021 but short term its better to all in NEX when its available. With NEO you get the backbone of the smart economy where digital identity and security tokens will be king. Its only a matter of time in 2020 for China to come back with their digital yuan. Youre basically holding for the GAS and long term capital gains tax rates if you bought at $15. Also 2020 $1000 NEO and $500 GAS easily.

kek

I'm not looking for short term. I want long term moderate gains in a reliable coin that won't evaporatea year from now.

Sounds good. What makes you so sure neo will succeed? I think it will too, simply because it's already a fairly established coin

Mostly bought at $15, but I got a few at $130. I don't really regret it because the gas is gaining nicely. Just looking for news. I want to hold long term, and fold the gas back into ripple or eth.

What did he mean that the Dev team abandoned neo? Why would they back a coin all these years just to abandon it?

it could be sure, but not as popular as platforms that have more momentum and confirmed interest from financial and insurance institutions. Anyways NEO still suffers from the fact that it isn't censorship resistant and has few validators so it's hardly what blockchain is supposed to be, which makes if fundamentally shit as it's little better than a centralized database.

you should be good then

Hongfei and the developer communities behind NEO are too strong. Games are just the low hanging fruit as tests for real financial services to come. Plus all the pieces are coming together nicely. Ontology and Thekey handle digital identity while NEO is open source and decentralized across the world, something Ontology fan boys will never understand. I cant wait to see biz's butthurt from NEO being adopted lol

Realistically, China will more likely fund and support a home grown centralized crypto they can control as opposed to spending billions setting up infrastructure to process a Western crypto they have no control over. That's my thinking at least. I don't care about decentralization as much as government backing.

But I thought neo was decentralized.

Why all the confusion about this? Is it truly decentralized? Like I said, it's not a bad thing if it isn't.

Thanks for explaining. I'll do more research. Do you think it will ever hit $1000 by 2020 or 2021?

holo will replace all eth teir shitcoins

Attached: 1528542780259.jpg (1292x683, 142K)

People will shit themselves when they look at the charts and realize they could have had a GAS/week stack for like $3k

You could be holding worse shitcoins honestly. This is all one big gamble, and no one nows what coin(s) (or if any at all) will make it in the future, but holding NEO isn't a bad gamble.

neo is get-rich scheme for da hong fei and team.
neo went so well and easy that da hong fei decided to do it again with his other company ONT

mo money mo money

Yes but if they abandon neo it will break all trust for any coins their names are associated with in the future. For life. I don't think they would do that.

Thanks man and I hope it works out for all of us. I hope you make it too. I just want a tiny bit of passive income. Like $300/month one day, not looking to fill a garage with lambos. There's no other big crypto with interest like neo. Not one addressed by the Chinese government.

When will NEX be on exchanges?

What is a GAS/week stack?

don't listen to the fudders OP, NEO is unironically one of the only few crypto that have an actual working product and isn't just a whitepaper like link and 95% of the shitcoins

Depends, but usually somewhere between 400-500 NEO

NEO is old news, ONT and QKC are the new chink coins to have

Isn't old news good though? Because it's more established maybe?

Do you really need that much? How about 100 NEO?

>ONT
Give me quick rundown on ont. Worth getting some? What does it do?

set ur buy orders @ $2.00 because this is where its heading user

I would piss myself if that happened. In a good way.

Generally, it's a totally inferior clone of Ethereum, with 100% more centralization and Chink ethics.

Why would you bother with this?

Attached: 1513153841380.jpg (442x402, 40K)

A lot of what ETH does, NEO does better. Not to mention the fact that giants are backing them, the biggest one being China itself.

That's the thing, it doesn't. There's over one MILLION dApps running on Ethereum, a few dozen at the very best on NEO. Totally incomparable scale.

A fully centralized database like EOS is even a better performer than NEO. Does not make it better.

And you can keep those Chinese announcements of partnerships with governments and shove them up your ass. They mean nothing to me or anyone else for that matter.

NEO has ZERO appeal to me.

t. Oldfag in crypto since 2013

Attached: 1517600730001.jpg (500x374, 40K)

What do you mean by that? Performance? NEO transfers in like a few seconds.

for free....

I dont see China investing in BTC or ETH, they are more likely to put their money into a home grown project, thats why I am also accumulating more and more NEO on each dip.

This thread made me delete biz from my start page. Is this le leddit now? Le Chinese is going to use le Chinese etherem which is neocoin. Le etherem is le western. Le China for trust no western.

Le decentralised etherem is western because le etherem is English speaking. Le etherem have documentation online is le western. Le China only le trust me Chinese control. Is Chinese so le documentation is non-existent which is good because China won't use le western etherem. Which is western because available documentation. Le China will le use Chinese etherem neocoin. Is no trust in west. Only neocoin.
Is fest
Is decentral (is possible to control by China)
Is china

GAS is the utility token and it will over take NEO, I say more than $1000 GAS

Doesn't make sense. GAS will always be 1/3 or 1/2 of a NEO at best.

Biggest piece of shit in crypto. Always has been, always will be. Honestly cannot believe anybody would hold this useless shit.

No it's not decentralized. Never was. It's literally a chink Ponzi scheme where the creators own 50% of the coins (or they did until they dumped it all on you dumbass gweilos). It has no use case other than printing muh gas and selling it to western retards. NEO bagholders (all westerners, no chinks own this shit) have been saying Chinese government this and that since the beginning because that's the only thing that could possibly pump this scam at this point. It's peak delusion. There is zero chance of it happening. Zero. If you like getting scammed by chinks at least buy VeChainThor you losers.

Good fudding skills, but needs more work and an image of pepe wouldn't hurt.

And there are literally dozens of other platform coins that are faster and better than NEO. HPB, MAN, and VET just off the top of my head. It doesn't matter though because nobody uses any of them and never will. None of these chink shitcoins have a single usecase outside of pumping them with fake partnerships and dumping them on gweilo.

What NEO dapps are you using these days? Which one is your favorite? Tell me about it and why it's better than a centralized app that does the same thing without having to pay for ponzi GAS.

Never fucking heard of that bullshit. Are they backed by the entire chinese gov also? Or naw?

Da Hongfei, the CEO of NEO, is the primary adviser to the Chinese government on crypto assets and blockchain tech, which is far from confirmation that China will use NEO to run its economy, but it's not irrelevant information either.

Ask yourself why you think Neo will succeed. Now remove anything about the 'chineee ethereum' or 'chinese government'. Ethier ETH wins or some new gen 3 like ADA wins. Neo is currently marginally faster than ETH, is less stable, and is not decentralized. It has far less dev support and business support. Ethereum is the fourth fastest growing open sourced project right now. Development is only growing. Neo does not offer enough incentive to switch to it, not to mention again, it's not even decentralized yet. IfADA pulls it off before sharding, ETH is in trouble. Neo has no hope.

>Ask yourself why you think Neo will succeed
>NEO is in second place
>Second place worked out just fine plenty of times: Samsung, Chevrolet, Pepsi, Burger King.

There can be more than one platform. NEO is the second largest after ETH. There are a few dozen NEP5 dapps trading trading right now on Switcheo, a NEP5 DEX. There are several dozen more, including a ton of games, (which, after buying drugs, has so far been one of the actual successful use cases thus far for crypto), on the way.

If you accept Neo will be at best second place, why not just sell it for ETH?

ETH is a slow shitcoin in which 99% of devs using it are scammers and retards, literally zero quality control and regulatory compliance

It's not necessarily accepting second place. You asked for a reason to be optimistic, and second place is a pretty good reason. ETH gets first mover advantage. Everyone else has to compete for second place, for a while at least, and NEO is winning that competition. That's reason enough to be optimistic.

>Cardano, at the present moment, has exactly dog shit for actual activity.
Still pure speculation.

>NEO is the second largest platform with the second most actual dapps running on it.
Some results. Less speculation.

Being centralized is a good thing especially for a chinese crypto.

Yeah I know ada is vaporware. My point was that the long term efficiency for Neo is not enough to flip Eth, unless you get the worst world for ETH and best for NEO, which idk why you'd think that'd happen but whatever it makes sense of that's your conclusion. I guess if you think NEO has more room to grow proportional to ETH that's valid and a fair argument

Yea ETH is slow, and so is neo., Except neo isn't even decentralized. Why use a DApp when it can't even back up the D in the word. During stress tests last year the entire NEO network just went offline, and they never have hit their advertised benchmarks in real applications. So NEO is only slightly faster than ETH currently and much less stable.

It is helping Enterprise clients run private chains that connect with the NEO public network.

NEO never stops producing GAS there is literally no reason for the price of GAS to be higher than NEO

The difference between ETH and NEO the same security, speed and decentralization trade off. If you really believe that one chain will rule them all then ETH is probably the place to be. However, if you think companies will value things like finality and digital ID and node accountability then NEO has the upperhand. ETH is specifically built to work around the existing systems while NEO is built to comply with regulatory authorities. I hold both and think both will succeed. People forget that NEO has been around almost as long as ETH. It's not a scam and at these prices its a fucking steal.

>at these prices its a fucking steal.
I agree, but, I also don't see the current market dump slowing down right now. Who knows how low we're going to go. BTC could bottom out at $2,800, could go lower. I think we could easily see NEO get to $4, could get as low as $1.50. We may not bottom out until next summer.

>neo isn't even decentralized. Why use a DApp when it can't even back up the D in the word. During stress tests last year the entire NEO network just went offline, and they never have hit their advertised benchmarks in real applications. So NEO is only slightly faster than ETH currently and much less stable.

I think they're currently reviewing applications to host nodes. NEO v3 comes out next year with scaling upgrades and divisible NEO.

i dont think it will be summer. Probably one more big dip into the high $2Ks. If it goes much lower than that the big boys will half to suspend trading and they dont want that. Honestly, where we are at right now, I'm loading the fiat cannons with about 30K of new capital. Next dip I'm buying fast because I dont think it will last long. Got my shopping list ready.

NEO lower than $4 is still above where I first bought but I'm still holding a few thousand so probably not adding more. But Jesus if you dummies see it that low pick some up because the next run is gonna be the big one we've been waiting on.

newfriend here. is NEO an ETH clone?

>the next run is gonna be the big one we've been waiting on.
My crystal ball says that will happen some time between Q3 2020 and Q4 2021. Bear will bottom out in Q2 2019 and run sideways through Q4 2019. That's your fiat accumulation window. Plan accordingly.

>Got my shopping list ready.
What's on your list?

It's just another DPos like EOS. Not a bad thing, but not a true decentralised platform (witness the big outage when some nodes went down). So it's probably worth buying right now, as are other things like it, but it won't flip Ethereum.

Oh just the basics. BTC, ETH, XLM, XMR
Maybe some stuff for fun. 0x, RDN, AION
A little foreign food. ELA, ONT, NEX
And of course what meal would be complete without a huge helping of those stinky Linkies. $1000 EOY (pic related)

Attached: 0078fc42ab7a8c7aa28eef1568e2862891a7838ca30311205eda24f8dc109438.jpg (594x473, 57K)

You are overdiversifying unless you have tons of money already. In which case, why don't you start a business instead of risking it in crypto? Actually, you know, help the economy

BTC, ETH, XLM, XMR is the absolute gonna make it no risk CHAD portfolio except I sprinkled in a little bit of BAT for faith in Big Brain Brenden

Attached: 564654.png (703x524, 98K)

but what about NEO?

too limited growth with not enough guarantee. I have more faith in BAT taking off than NEO desu and its 1/20th the mcap

Recycled GAS does go to NEO holders, but the consensus nodes take the majority of share. Yiu would be better off investing in GAS

already full on NEO

>In which case, why don't you start a business instead of risking it in crypto?
WTF are we here for again?

>have more faith in BAT taking off than NEO
>muh browser plugin token

Attached: 113823E1-4E33-40FF-AEF7-39FDFF6C7EC3.jpg (229x221, 28K)

>bat is 1/20th of neo mcap

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 45K)

>long term crypto investments
>risk
pick one lmao

srry I put a 0 in by accident I'm a dumb phone poster no bully plz

Get ready user, you will be joining the batman army soon. Up to 70 USD per ad btw