/smg/ - Stock Market General

clean edition
>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed)

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3 (embed)

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd (embed)

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

calendars
forexfactory.com/
fxstreet.com/economic-calendar

Previous thread

Attached: 757037351130.jpg (900x900, 134K)

NO TENGO DINERO

buy my shitty product and flush it down the toilet please!

>He's not taking this weak bull opportunity to finally get out of this bear market

Attached: 1317511402531.jpg (720x560, 77K)

real last
sorry

Should I buy a shitload of GECC?

WAR

Attached: 1540261013056.png (584x236, 23K)

holy fucking shit kek

that's some advertising for a chunk of sodium hypochlorite

What's your game plan here, holding user?
>tfw it might actually hit PB < 1

Attached: Screenshot_20181211-130450.png (1080x1920, 112K)

mark of the devil

Attached: 1535382739390.png (778x397, 18K)

Go for it man

suicide, probably

Attached: 1539680418628.png (2216x152, 59K)

Wait till it dips in the 5’s. It’s not done yet.

Just met a guy that owns 25% of a pink sheet and has no idea how stocks work.. he knows the CEO and everyone involved in the company.. the stock is basically asleep and they kind of want someone to take over...... what ever shall I do? lol

Attached: 1536899771314.jpg (615x615, 72K)

Attached: cf4[1].png (540x675, 292K)

gib shares and tips to friendly anons?

or build it into a meme?

or pumpendump like a criminal?

Attached: based flexible cutie.jpg (648x810, 84K)

Waiting till $3.50 or I don't buy
Rest in peace, fren

Attached: 1544214659563.jpg (933x699, 123K)

Is Tesla a good stock?

Is SNH a good REIT?

Should I buy XOM?

Attached: 1515567713683.png (703x911, 19K)

Well, at least it's not a big position.

Just sell and put it into VT or something. You'll feel better.

the only thing that scares me is their payout ratio is n/a. I am suspect of any dividend stock over 100%.

>he thought we were rolling over
LMAO

headed to $4

Attached: xrit.png (646x434, 315K)

they have products in line they have revenue.. the company isn't bad they just have no fucking clue on how to run a publicly traded company.. he even hinted at "handing control over to a bunch of 30 year olds" i'm 28...

LMAO!

And I thought I was retarded

Weed is about to break loose. Not entirely confirmed yet but the launch pad is rumbling. Watch out.

Attached: AnimuHorns.jpg (1080x1080, 500K)

I like your bench mark goal of buying F under $7
Who knows if it will ever get there

wow this gap fill day tho

QQQ and SPY
or
QLD and SSO

what ratio of each should I use brehs, i got iron hands as long as i can avoid fund liquidation

New JNJ ATH today?

Hi gommie,

$5k guy here, can you elaborate on your advice earlier?

of course, its the greatest stock in the world
PEP will be next

I missed the MSFT dip

Attached: images (20).jpg (251x201, 4K)

suicide over 1k buckaroos? Live on, friend. Live on.

Attached: 1444503014430.jpg (600x404, 139K)

>those legs and face
>those arms
confused boner

Anybody want a 2-3 day gamble? Check out SN could be going for a pretty good sized bounce or could just flop.. either way.. it's pretty cheap to throw a few bucks at

The monthy and weekly and daily all look pretty bearish.. It's also a really big marketcap so to turn that boat around it'll take some time so i think it'll be a good idea to start buying under $7 collect the divi.. sell some covered calls for the premium and just do this for a few years

hows the share structure tho

Based. I feel bad for the anons who piled in on this dead cat bounce.
The DRIP on F is spectacular

is RIOT worth buying at $1.50 lmao

on next BTC bull run it should presumably clear its $40~ ATH, who knows $100-200???

20% rolling call options, 80% cash

I don't feel like you would understand if i were to explain it

rude desu

>The DRIP on F is spectacular
oh yeah i forgot about adding DRIP into that.. damn.. F I might start putting all my lunch money into F for a couple years after it goes under 7

well if you need help, remote financing job would be the dream job, especially if its industrial business related

t. math user

;)

Attached: 1542056641643.jpg (648x810, 186K)

>confused by the legs
no, gurg like legs

You're such a fucking piece of shit

It's time to buy senpai.

Guys, I need the low, low, low, run down on CAMT. Will this shit explode? It does have jewish hands.

buy buy buy

Attached: NBR.jpg (730x57, 14K)

Ford's dividend is well covered by EPS, they have no reason to cut it ever.

Attached: 1544143199937.gif (400x225, 1.77M)

It will hit $5 after the 4th qtr numbers are announced.

Attached: yikes.png (388x158, 8K)

is Deutsche bank a good buy?

Attached: Capture.png (2184x1177, 257K)

problem is losing your principal due to falling stock price but i think that it'll start to look for some support just under 7 could take a year of 5-7.. who knows

how many shares did you buy for sn kind lci sir?

Maybe for one day.
If you want bags you can just hold on to mine, i dont mind.

Is there a monthly dividend that pays out the first week of the month? I've gone through like 30 and they all payout in the 3rd-4th weeks of the month

They've been in business for a bazillion years, and they're too big to fail, but the same could be said about GE.

why would you care?

so i can have a dividend every week of every month

Do you mean this unironically?

Even if it doesn't stop dropping post $7, if it stabilizes to less than a 7% per year you'll still more than break even with DRIP while you said wait for a turn around
But the opportunity cost of waiting would be rather unfortunate

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Almost capital distribution tiem for fellow anons invested in mutual funds

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

>But the opportunity cost of waiting would be rather unfortunate
I don't think there would be much opportunity cost if you have a time frame and what you expect to get in return and what you would willingly lose on it if you were to pass a certain time and at what % loss.. or even if you had a set number of % gain.. just because i think it'll be a stock that you can ride for years and years to come.. as long as you don't put your whole portfolio into it.. like maybe 100 shares to start then 100 shares every 2 months or so.. or less depending on your situation.

investing in a car manufacturer that stopped manufacturing cars. oh comfy when are you going to learn...

I've actually made a grid (see attached) of each month and each week within the month and plotted out the actual pay date of each dividend stock I own as well as the dividend paydays of the stocks I'm looking into.

I buy the most undervalued stocks I find regardless of the grid but I do like the psychological effect of getting paid every week of every month. I'm close to it already. and if I can't decide between two stocks and i've considered value, sector, etc already, I'll go for one that gives me more money in a certain month/week.

no i do not have autism

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 1.46.04 PM.png (564x662, 115K)

rather strange question but someone randomly texted me and asked if i would be willing to sell one of my rental properties.. I said if the price is right.. They then ask if I DID decide to sell why I would... what do i say to that. I was going to be an ass and say something like.. that's none of your concern.. or thats a secret. is that a common thing to ask? what do i say to something like that?

>:(
Don't be rude!! This is just a possibility. At least I don't invest in bitcoin like SOMEBODY I know

Attached: all time (since june 21st).png (591x311, 16K)

The buyer is trying to see if anything is wrong with the property/location bruh. I'd tell him you would sell to free up capital to invest elsewhere. Maybe some bs about juggling too many rental properties getting old.

>The Autistic Investor
>The Definitive Guide to /smg/

a 9.55% return in less than 6 months isn't what you get holding the dumbest shit ever
it's not the best possible number, obviously, but it's not bad either

THE DIVIDEND MANIAC

I've already started doing this with IVR, NLY and MFA, I might add AB to it.
Ford would be a nice addition if under $7

>I do like the psychological effect of getting paid every week of every month.
does the fact that the stock/ETF goes ex-dividend and drops by the amount of the dividend a few days prior bother you?

Now THIS is autism posting!!

Attached: Grichka+Bogdanoff+Solo+Star+Wars+Story+Red+kVpdd5fyBdvl.jpg (600x399, 56K)

People like this literally must die

You're doing a lot better than me.

Attached: 35b.jpg (606x605, 57K)

Bull market canceled.

AAAAAAAAAAAa

Attached: 1536831545600.png (1360x762, 162K)

People call my stocks "dumb memes" a lot, but I did my research before I bought them, and they're doing a lot better than a lot of picks those people would consider "smarter"

Also, WTR is a water utility dividend aristocrat with solid fundamentals
I don't understand how anyone can say it's a dumb meme

no because its calculated in the overall rate of return. i just like compounding dividends because its money that makes its own money, which in turn makes its own money, etc. etc..

baggie is the biggest troll.. one day he'll be against weed.. next day he is for it.. one day he says he voted for hillary next day he says he is a trump supporter.. one day he'll say he's gay.. next day he says he's straight

Imagine this guy trolling..

Attached: 1525276484497.jpg (1840x3264, 662K)

SELL SELL SELL

Well you did go and buy every meme in this thread if you're the guy I'm thinking of.

Fair enough

C'mon SN C'mon

Leave my internet shekels alone. Worst case scenario we get below $1000 per BTC and I transfer it all to an online bookie and bet on hockey with the money.

>Investing in tech
I hope none of you actually do this.

Attached: E317E06E-EE7D-4C00-A088-8C8EDBB90543.jpg (325x243, 39K)

Does that commie cunt still worship China?

whats the red/black color correlate too?

top kek

GALT, VTGN, and WTR are "memes" specifically because of me posting about them repeatedly

Cars don't make profits

Trucks do (like the national best selling F-series trucks)

Also China just announced that their tariffs for American automobiles is going down from 40% to 15%

But Chinese auto demand is showing down past few months...

black are stocks I currently own, red are ones I'm looking into.

Although some i'm no longer considering at this time but i'm too lazy to completely update it

I held GLAD and GOOD for a while. Nice little stocks

>biotech
>biotech
>over priced water meme
user please no

golden bull run

Attached: 1544312502136.jpg (805x945, 211K)

>cursing the entire stock market by buying TQQQ right before a correction

>there are people who are still buying FAANG