How hard is it to find a complete T-Rex?

This one sold for $8 million.

Attached: trex.png (1151x565, 122K)

go dig in your back yard maybe you'll find a bone

I wonder what the margins were on that thing. Probably took years of labor to excavate

its probably worth like 300 million today

Does the explorer who found it get a piece of that money or only the people who funded that person's exploration?

Are you implying that T-Rexes are a good investment?

Absolutely. I don't doubt a specimen like that would go for nine figures if sold today. Bezos would buy it and put it in his sitting room

if i were worth 100million i'd buy one as a ornament.

dinosaurs never existed

Exactly. The "terrible lizard" name is just repitlophobic propaganda. All creatures and fossils are equal.

Oh shit, my thread just got ruined by lunatics.

Has more real world value than bitcoin. Prove me wrong

You can't eat a fossil.

Only a very few have ever been found. I think less than 20. When you do actually find one, the legal wrangling over who "owns" it takes years and costs a fortune. The landowner, the person who discovered it, the person who dug it up, the people who the person who dug it up works for, and the government usually all try to get it.

the people who paid for it of course, but maybe they offer some percentage bonus to encourage the explorer to look harder. i looked at treasure hunting a while ago and it sounded like the explorers themselves were absolute drunken degenerates

That's why you start making all those people disappear under mysterious circumstances. The trick is to forfeit your right to it after people start noticing that everyone who's trying to take ownership over the fossil is turning up missing, that way they don't suspect it's you. Keep taking people out until it's just you, one guy, and the government trying to claim dibs. Then you restake your claim to it. Everyone will know it was either you or the other guy, but they'd most likely suspect the other guy since you gave up your right to it early on. Even if they do figure it's you, there's still reasonable doubt since it could be the other guy and you'll get off scotch free.

this might be a good strategy but it seems like all the government would need to do at that point is frame you for the last guy, how will you manage this risk?

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Why would the government frame for the last guy? Like he's in cahoots with them or something? Make sure the last guy is too antigovernment or just plainly too stupid to think of doing that.

What's your Rex-folio?

Are you an archaeologist?

Because the government also wants the treasure, in your strategy they can merely sit back as claimants mysteriously disappear, after you are finished doing 90% of dirty work for them they merely need to whack one goy and put you behind bars. Maybe they offer you a larger cell if you confess to all the others.

I don wan no trobu

Attached: Jackie. jpg.jpg (260x194, 6K)

Unironically yes, almost done with my PhD.

Nice just bought 100k t-rex