Tfw spend 70% of my takehome pay on a luxury apartment downtown

>tfw spend 70% of my takehome pay on a luxury apartment downtown

Anyone else getting motherfucking JUST'd by rent? How am I going to save any money to invest for my future?

Attached: apartment.jpg (2200x1468, 422K)

By not spending 70% of your takehome pay on a luxury apartment downtown?

70 pct? How and why? Who even let you sign the lease? I hope you enjoy the fuck out of the luxury of it and you live in a nice downtown area.

there's a fine line between overpaying and not living in a ghetto

Either get a cheaper apartment in the city or get an apartment of similar quality in the suburbs for half the price and join the commuter rat race.

You should be living with roommates till 50

tfw can only save about $2000 per month. Even with good investments it feels hopeless.

while economically a good idea I'd rather hang from a tree

Used to pay £1100 a rent in London.

Now pay £500 a month mortgage

COMFY

>I’m retarded
the post

I'm stuck in the lease for a year, I signed it because my friends told me I needed to live downtown for "the experience". The worst part is I have to reverse commute to my job 30 minutes outside of the city.

Indeed, enjoy multiculturalism. I hope you get robbed.

Attached: iei3.jpg (662x712, 38K)

this has to be bait. no one is actually this retarded

I spend $2300/mo on mortgage, which is about a third of my income. I feel better about it because some of that money goes to principle.

Which downtown? I'm sure all the fags here who live with their parents will tell you that rural living is ideal and superior, but I'm significantly happier when I am near a metropolitan center. Reverse commute is cool too. Living too near work sucks.

>tfw spending 70% of net salary on basic studio apartment not even downtown
Fun living in europooristan

I literally kek'd because it's easy to imagine this being a true case.

Please kill yourself, immediately.

just find someone that takes the lease off your hands (you dumb ass mofo)

>tfw spend less than 20% of my net income on my 2 room apartment 3 minutes from work while making 2.5k a month.

>Living like a child until you are 50
the only time you should be having any roommates is if you are in the military

Chicago. I agree it would be bad living too close to work plus I'll be moving away from my friends and family for the job (2 hours) so I figured if I get this apartment downtown at least some friends will come and visit me every once and a while.

>urban areas bad

>reverse commute

Attached: 1273966027927.jpg (113x126, 3K)

At least the traffic wouldn't be as bad. Inbound traffic to Chicago in the morning is insane

Home owner master race. 4 bedrooms single family, mortgage is $1100/m. Commute is 30min on the subway to downtown and get the typical 200k libtard city salary. Going to retire back in my rural hometown in a few years and buy the biggest house in town.

>luxury
there's your problem

>diversity good

overpriced to live in the loop, enjoy your ghetto, everyone lives in the north, who the fuck would live in downtown?

holy fuck.

Absolutely based

>diversity bad

Wagie wagie drive in cagie

>High crime good

>black people are cool

Wow we really all are just NPCs.

what is this thread
also, diversity bad

Protip!
If you can't afford 5 of something, you can't afford 1 of them.

You should try living in Portugal if you want to feel pain.

You won't even have money to save for a new down-payment. Enjoy eternal lease renewal.

What the fuck man? How much money can you save monthly after all expenses?

>Get a job in the Loop
>Buy a house in Riverside
>Take the Metra to/from work every day
That's my dream

Lol why would you do this. I work in the downtown part of my city and I just rent an apartment in a nice area near downtown. I pay roughly 1/3 of my take home in rent, which I think is pretty normal. I could live further away and pay less but I hate commuting and I still am able to save money this way. Also it's nice to just go home for lunch instead of having to eat in the break room or at my desk.

You really fucked up somewhere.

This is dumb. Why does living near work suck? Is it because you don't have the balls to tell them you're not coming in on Saturday? I don't really see any cons to it unless your employer doesn't respect your off time. Living in the city does have some perks like having restaurants and shopping nearby but honestly I would like to go back to living in a rural area again at some point in my life.

this

>pay 600€ rent basicly downtown (small but comfy af)
>earn 2.5 after tax

I think you need to overthink your future investment desitions better. learn from this and move on

Cuck

I fell for the same meme bro. Only about 60% of my income though. Anyway my lease ends in 2 months and it feels good.

What are your plans?

Just break the lease dude, fuck it. Worse case scenario is they'll just take a months rent. Best case scenario is you argue hard enough that they want nothing to do with you and just quietly keep the security deposit.

Then again I know this is bait so I'm not sure why I'm responding.

>Worse case scenario is they'll just take a months rent.
No, the worst case is they take 1 to 11 months of rent.

He's gonna move into a more expensive apartment in an area closer to downtown.

I've lived in several city apartments and the highest I've ever seen is 2 months rent for breaking your lease. What kind of jewish city do you live in?

The key to all of this financial freedom stuff is to save a lot of your money by living with your parents. Doesn't sound very sexy but you can achieve a lot by doing this.

You're on the hook for the remainder of the rental term; it doesn't magically go away because you broke your word. And if OP's lease forbids subleasing, he would be extra fucked.

Like 100-300 euro. Portugal seems brutal too, very high rents and absolute shit salary. Are you living there?

>I signed it because my friends told me I needed to live downtown for "the experience".

Attached: 1523401708327.jpg (125x125, 2K)

I lived for four years in the middle of Manhattan in a 2 converted to 3 bedroom with two roommates. It was purely for school. My share of the rent started at 1500 per month and increased to almost 2000 per month by the end. I don't think i'll ever go back to NYC. You obscenely rich or a madman to want to live there.

This. It should be clearly stated in the lease what the penalty is. 2 months seems standard

Your fault for being a dumbass. You could have rented your own studio in Brooklyn for that price (or less - I've seen them for 1200-1300) and gotten to Manhattan in 20 minutes on the train

Yup. I'm working as a software developer so things are not as brutal for me but it's still sucks.

On my first job (in Porto), I was earning circa 1200 euros net a month, flatsharing and I was usually able to save around 250 to 400 euros a month after all expenses.

I'm now considering returning to Porto for a new job but if get a job proposal within the values I've been hearing about (for a dude with around 4/5 years experience in software development) and considering the now really high rents in Porto, I just might be able to save around from 500 to 900 euros... which is shitty considering I have a sort of frugal lifestyle.

No wonder so many people leave Portugal.

>dropped out of college
>make $19/hr full time
>live in $895 studio in nice urban area
>drive work truck so no car payment
>no debt whatsoever
>started working 50 hours a week
>save $1500 a month with decent lifestyle
>pay expected to double by the time I'm 30
Damn I wish I finished school.

Chicongo

Get a roommate. Living alone only seems nice to social retards.

Why do you need a luxury apartment for?
Why would you pay 70% on a luxury apartment?
What benefit does it bring to you that's worth that price?
Go buy a 1 bedroom condo somewhere outside of that area, dude! WTF!

Some are missing the benefits. You live in modern luxury you can much easily develop a more positive winning attitude. Act like a poorhag and you will think and attract poverty lifestyles.

>that basic bitch backsplash that's pushed by hgtv and home depot

L U X U R Y

i love being able to identify things and trends that in the near future will scream dated as fuck, and that's a prime example.

>70%
no sane landlord would let you sign the lease
report all larp threads

Attached: JUST.jpg (395x383, 64K)

I make over $12,000 monthly and pay $1000 a month for a modest apartment 15 minutes away from the city. You need to sacrifice luxury if you really want to make it.

You stupid motherfucker

>tfw spend $0 a year on rent because I live with mummy and daddy despite earning 100K a year

I paid around 65 % of my after tax salary on rent in London but it was an entry level job. If I get paid £50k in a few years then I will feel rich.

But it was a tiny fucking apartment, though a few hundred more would improve my living standards. Fucking hell, I felt like a serf. Having a sink in the same room as your bed is demoralising

How much of a down payment did you make?

I broke the last 3 leases I've been on 3+ months early and I've paid 1 month rent for breaking the lease each time. Most landlords are cool about it as long as you talk to them upfront and give them time to prepare the place for the realtors to show it again. Especially in a luxury building they have no problem selling to the sea of idiots like OP who have their money drained by landlords because of peer pressure.

Attached: mtfuji.png (182x182, 2K)

>""""luxury"""" apartment
>shitter right next to cooking area

Attached: 1543639946785.jpg (657x527, 32K)

lmfao

>warm
>beaches
>relaxed work culture
>white

yeah sounds terrible

>actually wanting to live in silicon valley
what the FUCK

dumb fuck.

Attached: 1548010245598.jpg (460x366, 19K)

Just sublet idiot

>be in military
>most landlords will have a forgiveness type thing in the contract so if I deploy I can move out no strings attached
>get sick of a place
>print out fake deployment orders
>move out the next month and into a new place

Attached: 1546979900581.png (1440x1080, 2.48M)

>Silicon Valley
What?
The Loop is an area in downtown Chicago
Riverside is a suburb of Chicago
Metra is commuter rail serving Chicago

Retard

Nigger detected

Where do you think you are?

>not paying board to your parents
kys scumbag