How much money should you have in an emergency fund?

How much money should you have in an emergency fund?

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 29K)

They say six months of expenses. But I don't think that needs to be cash, could be in an index as well.

none, invest it all in chainlink

Attached: 1516558711542.png (640x640, 12K)

really? fuck

I don't really have an emergency fund. But I have over 30k credit limit across my 3 cards plus 25k liquid cash in a high yield savings account so I think I'm fine

I have a $15,000 credit limit. that's my "emergency fund"

10k in a goldmoney account.

Depends on the size of the emergency.

I have a lump sum of cash and the ability to rent my house and move in with a friend if things ever went that bad.

They say a few months worth of expenses, but realistically no one has what they advise.

Based

Couple of months for emergencies
I had more, but if you don't buy the bottom you are a retard...

Over $9000!!!!!!

7k in link

I like to keep a years of expenses + some extra for issues with my rentals. I have 50k in my checking account and I never let it dip below that.

Attached: DvXSF9MUYAATAiI.jpg large.jpg (1400x2047, 295K)

This sounds incredibly retarded. You could get a revolving line of credit and put the 50k in a cd ladder.

$200

Most Americans have less than $1000 in the bank, lol.

But I say minimum 3 months expenses, but ideally an entire years expenses.

If you have less than 3k in the bank you are living on edge. IDK how anyone can live like that.

>50k liquid
WTF why, unless you're saving up for a bombass vacation there is no need for this at all.

10k - 15k in Euro's or a years salary. Depends what your income is.
It's quite alot, but now that i have it set up i can safely put the remainder of each months salary in investing.

I have about 1-year of living expenses held in cash in my savings account @ 2.5%, that's about $25K

Everything else is in retirement or brokerage, and a small amount in my checkings (usually 2 months expenses, around $4K)

I do the CD ladder but with my $9k in my savings account.

Should he put it into index funds?

10k cash in chequing at all times, works fine for me.

Enough to readily fund an emergency

>Most Americans have less than $1000 in the bank, lol.
I see articles about that often, but isn't that only chequing account? Don't most people have some kind of asset beside that?

three fiddy

iq < 100 = 10* iq
iq>100 = 2.5*iq

>americans
>owning meaningful assets
How kind of you to think so highly of us

Elliot Rodger had 5k

Attached: 094.jpg (634x564, 118K)

Attached: 1430676534708.jpg (315x317, 10K)

it should be tiered, with at least one extra month of expenses in cash. the rest in high yield savings or bonds. i'd shoot for six months of expenses total, with the option to raid half of it to buy dips or for other short term gains.