FOAM Protocol

Realistically, how much of these does one need to make it? I have 100k right now. If I double that I'll be in the top 100 addresses. Is there any chance of this hitting $5-10?

Attached: foam.png (285x287, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.foam.space/foam-community-call-analyzing-the-map-feb-7-summary-6b08ea7768d7
thethingsnetwork.org/community
youtu.be/SR8BzdyYZ64
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/11/can-blockchain-maps-replace-gps/576985/
coindesk.com/foam-is-live-decentralized-world-map-launches-on-ethereum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumping for interest

i think i saw someone say it was a scam.. wtf is this shit anyway... looks like cubes made out of poop

FOAM is a great premise for a token-curated registry. The team are not scammers, and I hope they can continue pushing an interesting TCR project forward.

No, not for years. The tokenomics aren't there, the reliance on the user is too much.
How many autists are going to set up their own radio receivers?
The POI wont get challenged because its pointless to do so when its correct. So you're just staking some meme tokens on some internet map that no cunt uses.
I truly love and want to embrace the idea, it has the potential to be revolutionary, but itll take a lot of work before it becomes profitable.

It's like GPS, except it uses ground based radios.

You set up the radio receiver and receive bounties. There are 350 Million tokens allocated to rewards for beacon operators, which should in theory convince enough crypto spergs to set up nodes and create significant infrastructure before actual demand sets in. Althea Mesh is working with them too, so hopefully their hardware specs will be compatible for one another and the Althea Community will hop onboard the FOAM train for extra income. It's definitely not a quick pump and dump. The project itself is already 4 years old and they're starting to roll out proof of concepts. I think it will be another 5 years or so to see if it takes off.

Exactly, not for years. I've been flowing it for ages, didn't buy into the ICO as it was overvalued. It'll come good eventually, coinbase.

Attached: 1_BaQZ59n4mEDPd-NjCUjK7A.png (1550x1000, 243K)

I think they removed FOAM from their latest list for whatever reason. Hopefully they add it as some point. Hashgraph is getting added on Coinbase though. Don't ask me for a source on that, I can't disclose it.

Yes indeed it's a great project, but I don't wanna wait 3+ years.

Also at least half of the coins on this list are literal scams, so I see Coinbase hasn't really gotten their ethics down. Funny how they ban accounts linked to the Alt Right but have no problem with insider trading and listing pump and dump meme coins.

There's a good chance this bear cycle will last another 2-3 years anyway. I think most of us still left on this board are aware of the developments in this space and know that it's only a matter of time before this market moons again, it's more of a "when?" than an "if?" question.

Check out the FOAM Map live on mainnet. You can use it now map.foam.space

They have been releasing software and updates steadily for a year. The radio part will be huge

but points are being challenged and users are winning tokens. blog.foam.space/foam-community-call-analyzing-the-map-feb-7-summary-6b08ea7768d7

Also, there are thousands of people running the radio's for free that FOAM will use, so I would say a lot will do it.

thethingsnetwork.org/community

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 5.40.58 PM.png (1946x1076, 577K)

What frequency? I deployed a few 2.4 and 5GHZ ap/clients in urban areas and was a nightmare, interference (noise floor) is too damn high. Althea use common consumer grade Ubiquiti products, the radio shielding is VERY poor, bandwidth/coverage area/latency will be shit (leaving aside line of sight among other things).

Attached: litebeam.jpg (705x581, 90K)

You clearly know way more about the hardware side of these things than probably anyone else who has posted here. Check this video out: youtu.be/SR8BzdyYZ64

I'm pretty sure Althea is also just setting up proof of concepts right now. I think the idea idea is that eventually landlords will have large antennas installed on their roofs

Thx for the info, i was in the WISP business in '08-'09

i read up about it and thought it was pretty cool idea but nobody seems to give a shit. Coinbase was considering it so I donno

So it's basically shittierlooking XYO?

So we can't buy hashgraph and they'll be the only exchange to list it? that's off. any others being listed?

XYO is the FYRE Festival of Crypto you retard

>"no one gives a shit"

The Atlantic: "A Map That Tracks Everything"
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/11/can-blockchain-maps-replace-gps/576985/

Coindesk: FOAM Is Live: Decentralized World Map Launches on Ethereum
coindesk.com/foam-is-live-decentralized-world-map-launches-on-ethereum

>kys fag