How can I be more productive? Just started my first job as a software engineer two weeks ago...

How can I be more productive? Just started my first job as a software engineer two weeks ago. I'm very unqualified (I have a math degree, not CS). I have so much shit to learn. I find that brain fog kicks in hard at 2 or 3 pm, and then the day is pretty much ruined. I want to spend more time after work learning programming, but I don't have the energy.

Attached: 1473436575910.jpg (482x427, 40K)

pharma-grade stimulants my friend. Speaking from experience.

So what exactly are the problems in terms of your work and "brain fog"?

Memory problems? Problem solming problems ie. pattern solving? Which limits you the most at the moment in terms of programming?

try armodafinil, you can buy it online with a credit card, keeps you awake for 12-15 hours

motivation. and adderall doesnt work for me. it makes me focused and obsessed about anything but important things

the opposite is true, quit stimulants for a month

modafinil is the only thing keeping me employed :(

Practice deep work.
Stop concerning your brain with useless shit.
Remember that whatever choices you're making, whatever you're thinking, it's ALWAYS your responsibility because nothing influences your mind, really, only your mind influences itself.

I just feel like I'm in a daze. I can't concentrate. It feels like there's something wrong with my head/eyes that's hard to describe (no pain though). A 5-10 minute break/walk doesn't help, I need an extended break before I start to feel "fresh" again. But even then, it sometimes comes back after a while (again mostly talking about 2 pm or later).

At this point I'm mostly learning new concepts and figuring out how they things fit together. I'm not really writing my own code yet (except for some stuff I do in my free time). I don't have problems remembering what I learned. I just find it hard to learn things in the first place

I don't take any stimulants, coffee included.

Modafinil
/thread

Remember to:
o) start studying without stims and take them after 20 minutes of attempting to study. This will make you focused on what you want to focus on
o) take small amounts. The point is not to wreck yourself, you want to do this long term. If you feel drugged-out, you are doing it wrong.

I'm the same, I have processing speed issues, and executive dysfunction. It could be an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex, so essentially ADD.
There's nothing you can do about it. Tasks that are simple to other people can take up so much of my mental energy that I feel drained halfway through the day.
You can indeed take stimulants to stay at the same energy level for longer, but that comes at the expense of not being able to reach normal levels for a while after it wears off.
Stimulants don't make you more intelligent, they just make the neurons that you do have in your pf cortex at full capacity.

>I'm the same, I have processing speed issues, and executive dysfunction. It could be an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex, so essentially ADD.
Identical here. Couldn't do anything with my life unless I used stimulants. I'm sure there are better methods, but this one is proven to be effective to me.

Started modafinil 3days ago. My stamina has skyrocketed. But am making sure I sleep 7hours to get enough sleep.

Do you get them from a doctor or order online? This stuff is pretty restricted in my country.

Also, coffee does nothing for me anytime I've tried it before.

How much do you exercise?
Whats you diet like?
How much do you drink?
Whats your sleep like?
Is this your first time working +8h?

Marijuana

Over the counter cough medicine/nose decongestant. It's shitty, but allowed me to finish university and maintain my job.

Same.
Physics PhD niw working in computer vision.
Feels weird always to be the guy who has to ask the most questions now.
On the flipside, the learning curve is steep now, which I didn't have for years. It's the life path I chose Williams ngly

Pick yourself up with some GOA Trance music. Youtube is your friend. If you can't use the work PC, do it on your phone. Stay after your co-workers so you can concentrate. The best software writes itself between 2 and 3 am, and the next morning the software works, but you have no idea what kind of idiot wrote it.

I'm a master at productivity. I'm also a 30 year old boomer with a bad work history and a CS degree. I already knew how to program, but have never done it for work. The last 5 months I've been learning HTML, CSS, JS, and React. I'm looking for work but having a hard time finding any. Tell me the following and I will give you some excellent tips and guidelines for greatly increased productivity:

1) What city do you live in?
2) How long did you look before finding work and approximately how many job applications?
3) What are the primary languages you're working with?

If co-workers are giving you trouble or slowing you down, pick some allies and get help from them (i.e. code reviews, check-in approvals, etc). Work around the slow parts of the system to get your code checked in on time. Test extensively before that, but do it quickly. The thing that matters most in this industry is speed and to a lesser extent, accuracy.

Gym 3 times a week. Not much other than that. Don't drink. Sleep 8 or 9 hours everyday. Eat home-cooked meals of vegetables, rice, beans, fish, eggs, fruit, etc. First proper job, but I had the brain fog thing in college as well.

Live in Ireland. Applied for around 200 jobs in 5 months. Main languages for this job are C/C++ which I have almost no experience (I have more experience with Python). Also, my math skills are sort of relevant to this job. Still, I'm kinda surprised they hired me.