/CPA/ General

Who /cpa/ here? I just passed my last exam.

Attached: CPA.png (304x166, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7tUGQs2KzOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not a CPA but congrats

Attached: screencapthis..jpg (111x40, 2K)

what was one of the questions?

Is being a CPA good? What can you do? How much can you earn?

literally who and what degree

there's nothing called CPA where I live

It's essentially a license for accountants in the US.

Congrats OP. Studying for FAR right now and I want to gouge my eyes out. So much information. Using Rogercpa course.

Any tips would he helpful

youtube.com/watch?v=7tUGQs2KzOk

Attached: Gaerty & Olinto.jpg (604x383, 37K)

Don't give up. I failed FAR on my first try but passed on the second. Just do a lot of multiple choice and a little on the sims.

Also this is good inspiration.

Currently have a Bachelor's but not my CPA, although apparently I have enough credits to qualify to take it. Should I bother? I work in private and hate accounting anyway. I was told it's only useful if you want to go for public, but tons of braindead HR retards list it as a preference for private jobs so what do I know.
>mfw private company wants public big 4 experience for a staff accounting position doing GL and AP/AR
Why can't we genocide HR?

Attached: duhh.jpg (474x323, 26K)

if you didn't pass CPA exam then you got hosed for a bad degree
I work in an accounting office and we have masters degree holders with experience fighting for $30,000 a year jobs (minimum wage here in ny will be a little higher than that once $15 kicks in)
tl;dr pass the CPA exam if you want to make serious money in accounting

also checked

A CPA is useless without a couple of years in public accounting anyways.

Either way accounting is a joke. I would kill myself if I didn't land a cushy government job making 70k in rural ohio. Worst mistake of my life with a lucky break.

>if you didn't pass CPA exam
I test well so I could probably pass, didn't want to bother if it wouldn't be a help, is all. Costs like 1500 to take it without a sponsor iirc, I could get 100 bottles of booze for that. That's a 3+ year booze supply.
>masters degree holders with experience fighting for $30,000 a year jobs
Where the hell is that? Shit starts at 40k for zero xp here.
>A CPA is useless without a couple of years in public accounting anyways.
I'm not gonna go for public so it's useless, then? Only public I'd bother with is audit for travel ops. Private just seems more comfy, better pay and easy job if you get in with a good company. How much would a CPA help someone in that position, really?

congrats OP. I got an offer to start next Fall in public, gonna start studying in March once I'm on reduced courseload then study full time during the summer. It'll suck but I want to get all the sections done before I start full time. All the associates and seniors I've talked to have said that if you don't finish by the time you start, you may as well give up, take your licks for a couple years, then transfer into advisory.

Attached: 1493427858895.jpg (640x699, 40K)

No, don't listen to this retard. I'm almost 2 years into public, and I wish that I had just stayed in industry. I had an offer in industry from a tax internship. The people were a lot happier and the hours were better. I plan on leaving public soon.

Thanks. It's good to start ASAP, but their advice is a little harsh. I'm in tax, but most of the people I work with hadn't completed the exam by the time they had started. It's difficult but manageable. I pass all four sections while working full time.

What is a lot of mcqs? I've already done 900

What program did you use to study?
Did you have to take any of the exams more than once?

Also currently going through the cash flow section and most of the Mcqs take me longer than 1min 30 seconds to answer. Sometimes I'll spend 5 mins conceptually thinking through the problem to get the right answer. Getting nervous about time limits.

900 is enough lol.

I used Becker. I had to retake FAR. I took AUD blind during busy season because my notice was about to expire, so I failed that. After that, I passed everything.