Tell me about how your parents are with money and did they teach you how to be responsible with money?

Tell me about how your parents are with money and did they teach you how to be responsible with money?

Attached: 46432679_10156928623707728_2720149371495645184_o.jpg (1136x640, 47K)

They taught me to be frugal and save money. Which is better than most of my peers.

pretty good for boomers

My parents are financially retarded but I’m going to give them their dream retirement after Chainlink moons.

My dad is the type of boomer that fell for the "defeat al-Qaida by buying a new TV" jargon of the early 2000s. Mom is a penny pinching shrew. I learned absolutely nothing about money or wealth building from either of them.

Constantly bail me out. Am NEET. Would probably kill myself if they didn't. I don't know why I ended up like this. No one else in my family really is. Bad luck of the draw.

mooched money off me for a decade until I told them to go fuck themselves

Well they taught me to never hold cash and just keep investing it in assets that return interest but they've gotten pretty insignificant returns on going full real estate

Waste oney on luxiry cars, constantly going on expensive vacations, always waste oney

I am pretty much their retirement plan at this point. I make great money but I'm pretty tight-fisted with it. I'm going to pawn off as much of it as possible to my siblings when the time comes.

Mom spends all of my dads hard earned cash on useless boomer shit.

My dad made good enough money as a cop to retire at 50 and live that way all this time while my mom makes a quarter million a year as a physician yet both live their own middle class lifestyles where they don't need anything because they have more than enough means to live their current life. No exorbitant cars or properties, just a normal life-style.

What does you mom do with the probably 100k a year she's able to not spend? Invest in anything or it just sits in the bank?

Mom was a total retard bought every single scam she could and acquired large debt. Shes a dumb bitch and always will be, my dad was smart enough to leave her and she found another dumb soul to marry her.

well ok that 100k is accounted for in taxes. So she nets 140-150k at the end of it, and that goes to bank, bills etc. She could easily retire but she can't turn down the kind of money she's pulling in. Maybe when she turns 70 she'll retire.

They're not bad with money but they've basically the same jobs for the last 15 years.

My parents are ok with money. My dad got into Bitcoin at 5k. I first told him about it in 2011 at $30 lol.

My dad is a lot like me actually. Made a lot of money on risky stocks when he was younger and now owns a large portfolio of boomer bags

Attached: images.jpg (259x195, 8K)

2 posts to spam a ponzi coin

Something I've noticed about my own family: both sides came from solidly middle-class backgrounds, but my father has a brother and my mother has a sister who are each way more successful and well-off than my parents ever were.

My parents were the deadbeats of both sides of the family tree.

Attached: 1548639554288.jpg (320x290, 13K)

Like actually horrible. Like mistakes I don't even understand how you can make them unless it was some intentional mistake. I don't even want to go into it. I actually suspected my mom of having a drug habit since she was so fucking retarded with money but the reality is she must have a legit sub 50 IQ or something

My boomer parents dumb as shit. They had boomer pensions. Mom dead now, now take over her pension. His federal leaf pension.

I joined leaf military. Owned first house at 23. Never took shit from them since 15 years old when got my first job. Now I make 75-80k per year depending how much I sail. About to level TF up and push towards 100k.

I now give my dad financial advice. He watches CNN and believes it. His brain has melted long ago. I am based son. Sad!

Further to my first post..

Always been based AF with financials on my own. Got credit card as soon as I could.. never missed a single payment in my whole life. Just turned 29 and my credit score last month was 843. Also mine crypto and have zero consumer debt. Suck my muthafuckin dick

Generic boomer logic, but they got in early enough for it to work. They blow money on dumb stuff but they have the house paid off so it could be worse.

My boomer mother is a frugal coupon cutter and vanguard customer. My dad was like just give me $40 a week for cigs and you deal with all the finances while I work all day, everyday.

I never listened to her advice and am counting on crypto to retire.

Also my wife is a doctor and our combined Fico score is about 900.

what happened to your M key, fren?

Attached: 1548074208347.png (758x802, 849K)