Permaculture/silvopasture

Just dumping some resources for marines interested in homesteading someday. I'm just a beginner as well so it'll be great if experienced anons can drop some redpills

>Land buying guide
goodlifepermaculture.com.au/10-things-consider-youre-looking-land/

>Planning example for small lots
goodlife.sgp1.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/16154526/boat-harbour-no-address.jpg

>Silvopasture
smallfarms.cornell.edu/2015/07/06/silvopasture-farm-livestock/
silvopasture.org/pdf_content/silvopasture_handbook.pdf

>Permaculture in colder climates
newlifeonahomestead.com/permaculture-tips-for-cool-humid-to-cold-climates/

>Forest farming
extension.uga.edu/publications/detail.html?number=C1029&title=Forest Farming - Forest Gardening Growing Alternative Crops Under a Forest Canopy

The goal is to create an entire ecosystem on your acreage so you can be the ((them)) of your land and skim off your cut without damaging the system and without doing too much work for every season

pic related, it's aesthetic af and beats living in any seven diigts mcmansion out there

Attached: parmaculture-plan-design.jpg (2480x3507, 815K)

Other urls found in this thread:

permaculture.com/node/140
youtube.com/watch?v=UVNuyYYjCQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

would add two books:
The one straw revolution by masanobu Fukuoka and drop holders permaculture by drop holzer. These two books gave me a good foundation for ecological agriculture.
One day these systems will be lucrative before being commonplace...

You're probably on the wrong board, but nice to have you OP.

nah IIRC we've had him around before, or atleast 1-2 anons like him that have discussed the topic here

damn thanks dude just had a quick look and they seem based

>Masanobu Fukuoka's Natural Farming and Permaculture
permaculture.com/node/140

>Fukuoka believes that natural farming proceeds from the spiritual health of the individual. He considers the healing of the land and the purification of the human spirit to be one process, and he proposes a way of life and a way of farming in which this process can take place. "Natural farming is not just for growing crops," he says, "it is for the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

based

Panos Manikis does the same thing as Fukuoka but in Greece
youtube.com/watch?v=UVNuyYYjCQw

Bump. Thanks for the thread OP. I don't know a lot about this but I will be taking time to research in the future.
This seems like the next logical step once some of us are comfy with our investments

How is this not biz

Attached: grandpeppy.png (670x536, 300K)

Great stuff op. Anons check out aquaponics and aeroponics in addition to the more traditional hydroponics. Soilless growth systems are the future. I want to invest in protein farms and grow nodeath meats as well. Completely cut yourself off from the grid. Solar farms and windfarms are the way to go as well. Any anons who make it and don't occupy their time with these ventures are silly. Working for yourselves is going to be the best escape just like Epicurus :)

Attached: FB9670C7BD57477086EEF73762761B52.jpg (819x623, 89K)

What does biz think about indoor farming? Like a warehouse with stacked levels of crops

Stupid. You'll never payback your inital investment. Your spending tons on fixed costs (high value land, lights, buildings) and variable costs (elecrity). while your competition is just using cheap land they bought half a century ago. Turns out it's hard as fuck to market produce.

also this thread is

What said mostly, but a greenhouse attached to a house could be comfy as fuck on a nice day. The bigger the scale, the more problems.

Thanks brothers. Once we make it with LINK, we can set up our farms.

Thanks for the links friend

Baste

>want to live close to city
>Downtown is half a million for a condo
>Neighboring cities have an average housing cost of 300k and it's barely any land.

Why tho

That's actually a pretty good set up for a 50m land.

ebic bread thanks op

Attached: 1547131095059.png (702x486, 94K)

This is actually something I have started working towards on my friends land while waiting LINK to moon. After that I can get my own land to grow.

Aquaponics and indoor farming will only make sense and be profitable in certain situations. These food factories will be on the outskirts of cities and transform the wastes of the city into food products through ecologically engineered systems. Of course theses systems won't be providing beef and grain\starch but will provide some protein and a good amount of fresh produce. Engineered algal systems will also be a component of these types of systems

I found one straw revolution a philosophy book...it will increase your perception of natural cycles and tghe interconnectedness of these natural systems.
Make it or not, all who feel the call should get some property and start working on a permaculture homestead as a means of retiring early...it wont make you alot of money unless work for it but it should provide enough to live on and take it easy