Bitcoin

Any old school BTC autists still around? Anyone who unironically believes BTC will make us rich, even after the recent shitstorm?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.56.39 PM.png (1988x1738, 475K)

Not bitcoin, it is too limited. Might certainly have a few bull runs left in it but it won't make you filthy rich like the last 10 years could have.

Yup I expect another year of sideways action and constant dumps

>Not bitcoin, it is too limited. Might certainly have a few bull runs left in it but it won't make you filthy rich like the last 10 years could have.
What's next in your view?

The ultimate blockchain that could really make crypto mainstream would have to both be very scalable and very flexible, while staying as decentralized and robust as f.ex. bitcoin. No working projects currently exists that meets those criteria, they are either/or.

The planned Ethereum "2.0" is IMO the closest, but time will tell whether the research and implementation over the next few years actually pan out or not.

I'm not so sure it's really based quite so much on these would-be fundamental aspects of the tech that you're describing here. I think nano would have gone a lot farther if that were the case.

Nano doesn't even support smart contracts. That's an absolute minimum to achieve the criteria of flexibility I mentioned.

>Nano doesn't even support smart contracts. That's an absolute minimum to achieve the criteria of flexibility I mentioned.
Neither does BTC. I'm not talking about the end game, just intermediaries which garner attention. ETH 2.0 does look great, but I don't like the unlimited supply. Then again, I guess the idea that you create a currency on top of eth...

There is already a scaleable, 51%resistant, hardcapped, decentralized, programmable, smart contractable currency on top of eth flying way under the radar

nobody cares about your pajeet shit faggot

>Neither does BTC
Which is why I said it was too limited and that no projects exist that meets the criteria.
>I'm not talking about the end game
Well, I am. If there is a crypto left that will make us rich as you say, it would be the hypothetical end-game crypto. Or at least something seriously paradigm-changing. None of the intermediaries have enough potential to really do anything like we've seen in the past bubbles, now that everyone and their mom already know of and own crypto.

Everyone may have heard of crypto, but very few people actually use it.
That's next, check out dappradar.com. The usage numbers may be going parabolic

That's the thing though, the usage cannot go parabolic until a project solves scaling, one of my criteria. Yes, there are some platforms that in theory can already do thousands of transactions per second, but they do so by sacrificing decentralization, trustlessness and security. And if so, what is the point? I think in that case most people will just realize that they can just use regular centralized apps instead, especially after a few of these insecure projects experience their first successful attacks.

BTC is enabling smart contract code slowly. It was in the original code... but shitty smart contracts have led to a bunch of ether hacks... and still nobody uses them much yet.

BTC core is concerned about security for a reason. "Move fast and break things" isn't a good strategy with other people's money

This. BTC is the future. Next bullrun will see developers building vertically on BTC instead of wasting hundreds of millions of dollars trying to replace it.

Something like this seems plausible

Usage is the point and the only thing that really matters. Decentralized vs running on 21 voted servers vs centralized mining pools, only neckbeards give a shit about any of that.
Most people just want things to work.

Where does ADA rank here? It's the one project I never get around to researching

>only neckbeards give a shit about any of that.
Wrong, that's the entire distinction. Otherwise anyone can just make up their own totally centralized currency running on a standard client-server model and it'll work great. It would be little different from any of those money transfer apps that college kids use now.

rails took over webapps by having a five minute blog example while other more robust platforms required endless tinkering to get their XML loaded.
The other platforms had better designs, features and bigger development teams with legacy. None of it mattered. I can now create a blog in five minutes, what else can I do?
Look for platforms with the five minute add example. I have seen this with HOLO EOS TRX. Definitely want to see more.

pretty good point desu, although Holo is a bit of a joke, with no consensus algorithm

I care about decentralization and have my own viewpoints (probably not the same as yours. I really support NANO for instance).
Just trying to be realistic. cashapp is taking the world by storm because noone gives a shit about neckbeard fights. I wish they did user.

we aren't trying to compete with cashapp and we shouldn't be, either. That can come in time. Right now I'm happy with money that I actually control, even if it were shittier and less convenient than it is now.