TL;DR: How do I start a small business?

TL;DR: How do I start a small business?
I live in a small hick town with not much in the recreational department. We have a bowling alley, a movie theater, and a rec center for kids and nothing else. Oh wait, no we don't, that's the next town over 10 miles away. My town doesn't have shit. I proposed to a friend that we open up an arcade. Not a retro one where they have pre-installed cabinets, but with gaming stations and consoles where you can actually save your progress if you pay what I would call a "memory fee". I have a rough outline of what I would want this arcade to be and general pricing, rules, and incentives. I dont have good credit, but I'm working on bringing it up. I have a low tier fast food job that barely pays minimum wage and I only get part time and my health removes my ability to work any more than this. I know I would need a business loan, I'm not sure what that entails and what else I would need. What are your opinions and advice? What would I need? Details?

Attached: I+i+did+not+have+to+see+that+today+_64fb2473fdb6e93d359c91359f4d215b.jpg (220x176, 8K)

If you get a lot of hipster/city folk: trendy coffee shop. You'll get some o' the town's folk too. Coffee is one of the global drinks. Insane mark up and you get to look at yummy mommies.

Attached: 1547866315308.jpg (398x398, 53K)

unfortunately we have like 4 of those. i want something that there isnt any of anywhere close to me. and something that the local kids and teens can spend time doing instead of drunk driving and heroine

Well you're gonna wanna go to the SBA(Small business association) about a loan, but it's a serious chunk of change down and you need to have an actualy business plan to submit for approval, so you'll need to know everything that goes into one. That's a start, not even getting into permits, insurance, etc.

Don't make a product for yourself, make it for a market in your area.

Verify that there is a market by interviewing potential customers and asking them about their problems/needs. I highly doubt there is a compelling enough market demand in your area to support your idea. Keep coming up with ideas and talking to people until you find product-market fit.

You should not be considering loans until you at least validate your market, find out how much they're willing to spend, determine your cost of goods/services and evaluate vs your customer acquisition cost (CAC)

You need to get out and interview people to make sure there is actually a market for your product or service. You may be falling into the trap of developing something that you want and that not enough people in your town want.

Something that was started in my town was a table top board game lounge. I think that might be better idea. Not as much startup costs. People get out to socialize and they have a simple menu of handmade snacks. You can get boardgames off the internet too.

this is actually all very valuable, i appreciate it. anyone have any experience in this sort of thing?

I was actually thinking about doing that as like a side thing. Have like the main area be the arcade and have like a lounge in the back or in a basement for physical card and or board games

you might consider a board game/comic shop with an area for people to play. These are pretty successful in my area but it's a college town

Just do what i did OP, start a honkify business, anybody who has anything they want honkified please reply to this post and ill do it for you.

Attached: Untitled-1a.jpg (224x224, 16K)

Related kinda, but I want to start a non profit. Does anybody have any experience with doing that?

open up a barcade. lookup Boxcar bar in North Carolina. always packed, full bar, retro game consoles, standup arcade.

if you can also serve food/alcohol it could be even more normie friendly. in cities you can usually find at least 5. so there's room

>Boxcar bar
this is a good idea, you catch all the hipsters that want to overpay for drinks but are too good for Dave n Busters

get a liquor license and serve booze as well. huge margins to be made with liquor

I'd like to try your service, user

If you can't find that shit in a city, you aren't going to be profitable in a small town. If you are serious about a business and you really have nothing just open a movie theater with an arcade attachment.

sure user, as an early adopter you will get many benefits, please simply post a picture and i will honk it for you straight away,

Start a heroin and alcohol bar

Honkify it boi

Attached: 1549763376806.jpg (1200x610, 46K)

here you go sir as requested, please keep us in mind for future business and enjoy the rest of your day

Attached: Untitled-1zz.jpg (900x458, 65K)

one of them bikimi coffee shops where the barista brappers wear thongs