Jow Forums - post your succes stories. Cheer me up

Jow Forums - post your succes stories. Cheer me up.

Attached: cambridge.jpg (480x329, 38K)

I have successfully held through a 90% decline

I have accumulated 98k link

>bullying, uncaring single-mum, shithole estate, basically kicked out of school at 15 but was able to go in and sit exams
>did GCSE's, failed
>"go work at McDonalds you'll fail out of college"
>went to college to do a levels, lied about GCSE's
>no confidence when I arrived
>finished with A*A*A*
>if you're expecting I did the impossible and went from failing to oxbridge in 2 years, I unfortunately didn't, had the grades but no confidence
>go to good uni, cut contact with parents, keep working incredibly hard
>find out you can go to Cambridge for the final year, I really started to regret not applying
>sent grades to 2 current students "you're almost certainly going to get in" "you have a very good chance"
>sent pic related off a few weeks ago

Fuck mummy, fuck secondary school, fuck everyone whoever doubted me. All fucking cunts. And if you're a seething Cam reject I don't actually think it matters too much, I was just really butthurt about being "cheated" out of a place by never applying

Attached: 1526266706882.png (1500x1000, 381K)

This is the current status of my app. Going to have an interview in about a month, 2 months find out results.

So close bros

Attached: 1.jpg (1786x907, 215K)

Bought some bitcoin in 2013
Started buying drugs to get high
Eventually got arrested in 2016 drug possession
Traded my bitcoins to my dad who paid for bail and a lawyer
He forgot about them until 2017
Sold for 15k each which was around 360k total
Doing drugs and getting in trouble was one of the best investments my family ever made

meh. I earn over 100k GBP at 25. I'm also an ugly autist who will never have a girlfriend. I also held crypto to being 97% down from ATH. You win some you lose some (or a lot in my case)

to be completely honest I should be dead or in jail and I am neither of those things

GL my man. Also lol'd - been there where you are now, prepare well for the interview and I am sure you'll be fine - if anything show absurd interest in your topic.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 22.24.15.png (1942x664, 123K)

I unironically studied there AMA

We all Cambridge

How did they never catch you didn't have GSCE?

Oh fuck well done. I understand if you don't want to say which, but are you a darwinchad?

If you're studying a science subject was the interview academic or more showing enthusiasm? Fucking nothing on my courses interview lol I just know there is one on skype

Attached: 1549983853135.png (698x717, 241K)

College never bothered checking kek. Uni didn't care after I explained situation (AS grades way above what they wanted). I wouldn't have been surprised at all if it fucked my chances at the very top universities despite excuses

Attached: cool.gif (300x577, 72K)

Corpus - hence the image heh

Mine is a business subject, got 2 investment banking internships & an consulting internship under my belt, top 5% of graduating class and showed enthusiasm in interview, think all factors helped. For business related studies I assume they seek bright people with achievements that are enthusiastic about their topic, and avoid people who try to go to the school simply for the school's employer rep. I would bet that for science they dont care as much about a CV but care alot about technical knowledge, top-of-class performance and, being graduate level, knowledge about ongoing/hot topic research

Are there seriously that many Cambridge grads on biz? Johns here.

t-t-thanks

I think I've got all that but will brush up on some ongoing shit to talk about instead of gradecucking for exams 24/7

You're the only grad here bro.... I've applied other guy hasn't arrived yet.

i think they'll love guys studying 24/7 for their passion, thats what they want, clever passionate students, dont worry, be you

i'd rather be at oxford than st johns
i'd rather be at oxford
i'd rather be at oxford

Oxford crew checking in.

also a tip, try to have, or fake, a 'spark in your eyes' - faked this hard during first internship interview & it netted me the position ultimately, manager told me afterwards I made him enthusiastic about the job and I bet any interviewer will appreciate this to some extent

t-t-thanks

software dev?

I'm in my final year at uni of Exeter (y'know, the one with all the racist scandals)
On track for a first and have a sweet consulting job in the city lined up for when I graduate.
Feels good bros. I asked you guys about one of the interview quesions when i applied for the job, but i just got shitposts. I hold no grudges though. Us Jow Forumsraeli's need to stick together.