/smg/ - Stock Market General

another gap up tomorrow
this market cannot be stopped
single digit vix incoming

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg
List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previously on /SMG/:

Attached: f746ecdff2596e2c57203eda1cde5fb1.jpg (800x800, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-debt/red-flags-emerge-as-americans-debt-load-hits-another-record-idUSKCN1Q11YV
stocktwits.com/Trials233losthismoney
shapeways.com/product/H9MS8E32S/gopro-mount-ribbed-dildo-toy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sexy & Profitable 500 to $2800 in two weeks or less.

Attached: d3e013aaf2f76ca0.jpg (728x1032, 185K)

First to remind that dividends are your friends. Read Ch. 8 of intelligent investor.

Also, get EKSO and RWLK while they are in the first stages of development.

TRUMP ACCEPTED THE DEAL!!!!111

are fat girl stocks as good as the thot index?

Attached: 1520452035125.jpg (519x764, 45K)

No. Less beta buck siphoning ability therefore less consumer buying power.

we gassy again boys

2765 3 days then down down little bit

I buy nothing but food stocks because of the one or two anons CONSTANTLY and cutely shilling them for like a week now. tasty gains and divs. put that fat girl on me

It's extremely inflationary.

Rate my 11% Yielding Portfolio

12% MRRL
12% SMHD
10% DVHL
9% BDCL
9% NRZ
6% LMLP
6% UNIT
5% IEP
5% ABBV
5% SDIV
4% CEFL
4% D
4% OHI
3% MAIN
2% PBFX
2% EPD
1% CNXM
1% PEGI

Attached: smirnoff.jpg (800x800, 120K)

buy more COKE

Attached: 1536870297855.jpg (850x1063, 136K)

What are the fat girl stocks?

YUM
NFLX
DNKN

and short PLNT?

Serious question, Am I the only one on this board who's been trading SHLDQ?

Your the man, Bank of Japan

Drink Out of 10

Attached: 5.png (800x800, 690K)

UN to get that sweet sweet ben and jerry's cash

Well I don't know how to apply myself in any way. Like I said, despite having a degree in data analytics I don't really feel like I have any skills. The only thing I know is one program that kept getting shoved on us in college to run all our data through and it turns out barely anyone even uses that program and the people that do want 5 years experience, two internships, etc etc.

Fat girls need Exo suits too

I'm not familiar with what would be covered in a DA degree, but it does sound like you won't really learn any practical skills; more sens in doing CS or any engineering degree then going on to do DA in the job.

Are you in the US or Europe? There are plenty of companies that have or don't save lots of data that could have value. The company I work for certainly has that problem. The issue is that if all you know is DA but nothing else, you can't get very far.

I didn't know how to apply myself in college (more accurate to say that I didn't care to). I was fortunate to get the job I have, and I've had no problem working hard and enjoying it for a few years now.

Do you have any positive job experience, even at menial jobs? what kind of tasks do you enjoy most?

I'll drink to that

Attached: onemore.jpg (800x800, 121K)

What sector should I be in this year, biz?

Attached: DzNo-RRUUAYp94R.jpg (971x437, 188K)

NRZ did great today!!!

Attached: 1532753213193.gif (200x200, 9K)

I don't really have any job experience. I've done menial jobs but didn't find anything interesting about them or even that I could feasibly lie about on a resume. There's just nothing that I can do to get me a decent job, unless I guess I self-teach myself C++ and try to become a coder.

commodities

Rate my DIV MAXXX
DRINK BOYS!

Attached: dfasadf.jpg (310x332, 27K)

Dude weed

Low PE small cap

I actually like it man. The payout ratio is a bit high, especially on NYMT. Nice REIT selection though. Diversify broski.

Attached: toomany.jpg (800x800, 120K)

Don't dividens get priced in so that you think you're making passive income but really you're just holding like a retard?

If you try to hold a div stock for like 3 days to get the payment, you'll get burned every time. Dividends are a long term game.

No, because the dividend is not the entire company, but a portion of the company's profits. A company can still grow its stock value higher than the dividend.

*higher than the rate of growth of the dividend.

closed end funds have outperformed the market for awhile now

Thanks! I'm planning on running through them all and eliminating the high payouts. I'll probably sub a few of yours in desu

They don't have to be interesting. I was a dishwasher in high school. I don't really have to talk about it on interviews or whatever, the point is that it was a good experience and I learned how to work.
You could still maybe try asking around other departments at the uni you went to to do DA on whatever they are doing research on, as a research fellowship or whatever.

The whole point of REITs is that they just sit there and pay a div. The value of the instrument is based on the value of properties or other assets that they hold and their future cash flows. They have to pay most of their future cash flows to the people who own the REIT, but some can go to acquiring more productive property and maintaining assets.
So they won't increase or decrease in value much, depending on the stability of real estate markets and the dollar

They don't outperform Mr. SP or Mr. Dow but they are solid investments at certain points in the market and real estate cycles.

similar story with high div companies. If they can't maintain income through sales they will have to decrease div or die. If they are well managed the div will grow along with revenues

weak investors will chose dividend stocks by the published 'instantaneous' div yield number that shows up. Do your research to get strong divs with value and growth

Companies that pay high dividend yields can have two major issues: 1.) Not investing enough of those earnings back into the company which would help improve share price (I know you're more in it for dividends than capital appreciation) & 2.) High yields may not always be sustainable in the long run and when yield drops, share price usually follows.

Didn't research your stock, just my 2cents, good luck, the average of those rates will beat the S&P over the long run.

Nah, it's already been 6 months since I've been out of school. I guess I'll just wage slave.

wow real advice and genuine help on Jow Forums

High Div companies are fine as long as the payout doesn't go over the EPS
The point of these companies is DRIP and compounding, not capital appreciation

Keep in mind the tax implications on some of those in my profile. K-1s scare a lot of people away. Also, a lot of the ETRACs products in my portfolio are risky positions. Try some NRZ or UNIT. Or hell, OHI just dropped like 6% today. Do the research and understand what you own.

Attached: bluedrank.jpg (680x680, 64K)

Doesn't this only apply if their payout ratio is high rather than the dividend yield itself is high?

Attached: 4.png (112x79, 16K)

Yeah I would never buy any of the ETRACs leveraged dividend payouts desu,
The best high payer I can think of is AB. Zero debt with good div coverage

When is it safe to start shorting NASDAQ again?

I wouldn't, maybe Blizzard

when SPY hits 400

Hence why payout ratio is such a crucial metric in dividend investing

AB's dividends have been all over the place. It just rose for the first time in the last year this quarter.

Attached: drunkbreezy.png (1020x597, 541K)

Prepare your anus for the coming payments crisis:
reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-debt/red-flags-emerge-as-americans-debt-load-hits-another-record-idUSKCN1Q11YV

>Consumer spending accounts for two-thirds of growth in the world’s largest economy and it is expected to hold strong this year even as the overall expansion cools after a hot 2018.

>However one sign of consumer demand, credit inquiries, slipped in the second half of 2018 to the lowest level recorded by the New York Fed.

>Another signal of weaker demand, the closing of credit cards and other accounts, jumped to its highest level since 2010, while flows into serious delinquency for credit cards rose 5 percent, up from 4.8 percent in the third quarter.

Attached: Pasted Image.jpg (750x490, 32K)

Are you holding NRZ user? Tell me nice things about NRZ. It's my biggest holding next to TMUS and DIS.

as the payout ratio increases the stock value will be more tied to the div then possibilities for growth, so the statement makes sense
unless the company is very oddly valued for some reason or catastrophically mismanaged, either condition is unlikely and won't last long.

I was out of school for longer than that before I got my current job. It sucked, and I don't like interviewing. It might suck for you, you might not get a good job. you might get an 80K job and not like it. I hope you find something you enjoy doing.

Cheers! We’re rich.

Awesome. New thread. No one knows who I am anymore and can't make fun of me haha

haha

Attached: 1376765893866.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

NRZ is a rock solid REIT. Look at IRM for an example of a yield trap.

During dips a lot of div stocks will show some great yields. I guess I'm splitting hairs here.
I've been looking at Data REITS. I read some good things about CONE.
It was nice to hear them say they were waiting to use their callable rights until delinquency rates were lowered.

Credit cards are boomer ransomware. I've never used credit, only debit or cash. Didn't anyone ever hear of "saving up" for something? It's like the first thing you learn about money as a kid.

Can't afford a car? Bike 20 miles fatass. Wake up early, go to bed two hours earlier instead posting memes on facebook until midnight you fucking trash.

Wow racist

hypothetical:
>$500k diversified stocks
>$65k cash.
>long term
what do?

Buy $65k in lotto tickets

>he doesn't know how to use cash back and perks card responsibly
oh nonononono...

Attached: 1391836486515.png (565x720, 602K)

I've been holding NRZ over a year now. Clockwork dividend. 5-year dividend growth streak. FFO 2.83.

Got rid of IRM a couple of quarters ago, at the same time I dumped F. Good times lol

Attached: suncroc.jpg (500x355, 74K)

EQIX looks like a 380 entrance may show up around next week.

What do you think of IVR, senpai?

My debit card gets rewards and cash back

I'm probably going to let my NRZ sit in robinhood for another year while manually buying share and switch it over to an retirement account and let it DRIP until I retire.

So how are you all feeling about this double top and return to the lows? Think we'll stay in this channel? Got other ideas?

Activision on it's way back up.
I told you it would happen.

Which one of you is bullying our favorite stocktwittard?
stocktwits.com/Trials233losthismoney

there's no way your debit card compares to higher tier cards from chase or amex

Real talk, drop Ge and ACB calls for 10.5 and 8.5 now or wait till Thursday.
Asking for a friend...

Attached: F371F495-6B9E-49BD-A48C-D0BC0463053A.png (2208x1242, 410K)

>WAIT WAIT WAIT I'm not done buying the dip

Attached: angry gumby.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I'd like it a lot more under $15 (over 11% yield). It's not bad, but I feel like it deserves more yield for the risk associated.

NRZ is literally the most boring stock. It just keeps paying.

Attached: frenstruck.jpg (439x363, 45K)

Watch for ACB's PA tomorrow morning. It's anybodies guess where it's heading. Doubt it'll hit 8.5 though. MAYBE if breaks the 8.2 support after hours tomorrow.

I went back and weeded out the weaklings
Got
NLY
NRZ
CIM
MFA
IVR
ARR

Attached: sisisis.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

How much capital are you going to start this portfolio with? If you are starting with less than 5 figures, I would pick 2 of those final six you got. Don't overdiversify with your dividends early.

Attached: captcha.jpg (401x600, 177K)

me am of have announce to make...
GPRO!!!!!

Attached: a7af1064e94d670a9361c1bc1a3c0228.jpg (525x1002, 117K)

I acknowledge the existence of GPRO

GPRO!

Attached: 1435106738345.png (10000x9441, 1.95M)

No one else on board with BX for the divs and growth? Bought in under 30.

ARR, IVR, BX, LAND, PSEC, WPG
MORL, CEFL
K, KH, F, MO, BGS, AROC, CAG
There are some more but too lazy. Gotta scroll through my div page on RH, and the value of the shares has increased nicely as well.

House? Family? Job? Location?

If I have those assets in my current job/location/family situation, I'd look to purchase a cheap house/apartment and car, then keep working and add to the stock position. at this point in time I like to keep a very healthy amount of cash on hand; 25% about in cash or cash-like instruments

sold at 5.33
everyone who is going to buy a gopro has one except maybe foreigners. The number of dude weed snowboarders isn't going to increase
If GPRO wants gains they need a camera that will comfortably strap to my nutsack in an unobtrusive way

>Do the same thing as this guy
>Never have a credit card
>My good goy cattlebrand known as a credit score is now shit and if I want to do anything significant like buy a house i'll get raped by interest

Boy what a wonderful system this is

There's an old american proverb, user.

"You owe the bank 100,000 dollars? The bank owns you. You owe the bank 100,000,000,000 dollars? You own the bank." On the level of the whole economy, a financial crisis is what happens in the case of the latter.

Individual responsibility is all well and good, but it has its limits both in a prescriptive sense, and in an analytical one.

also This. Get a comfy 3% back for dinning out, which is my biggest expense I use credit for.

Attached: 1457576310998.jpg (627x631, 80K)

BX is one of my largest holdings.

>If GPRO wants gains they need a camera that will comfortably strap to my nutsack in an unobtrusive way
shapeways.com/product/H9MS8E32S/gopro-mount-ribbed-dildo-toy

Attached: 710x528_12876834_8108391_1459349079.png (710x528, 227K)

Look up manual underwriting. As long as you can make a 20% down payment and you aren't a degenerate, you can get a decent loan on a house without a credit score.

What's stopping you from using credit cards

Look at this inconsistent dividend history though

Attached: rollydivs.png (1147x339, 23K)

new gpro price target: $25

Attached: 5d6.jpg (250x250, 16K)

holy shit

Attached: 1440387411073.gif (500x281, 417K)

What site are you using to view that data?

I'm just not as excited about gpro as I am Galt and LCI tbqh.

Attached: 1548095768783m.jpg (550x1024, 87K)

capitalism was not a mistake.

Attached: 1546694552813.png (1000x1000, 216K)

>new gpro price target: $25

BOOM

Attached: AnimuThumbsuo2.jpg (1650x1040, 1.49M)

I don't mind that at all if the company is well managed. It's not like I use divs to fund my crack habit. If I'm buying shares in something that
1. does a good job earning money
2. does a good job returning that money to me, the owner
3. is reasonably valued in relation to the income I receive
I'm very happy. I don't want fake consistency. Pay me what you got, re-invest what you need to.

Still not buying GPRO
:P

Also, it should be noted, one of the big issues the article is raising is that people are pulling back from leverage, hence new credit card accounts are stalling. The lapse in demand could harbor very serious issues for corporate debt and the economy as a whole.

Fair enough. Can't argue with that, agree or not.

Literally dividend.com lol

Attached: airbud.jpg (680x440, 23K)

>burn down california
>go up 10%

LEAN HOGS UP 3.3% EVERYBODY BUY EVERYTHING

Attached: AnimuSlap.gif (500x281, 1.52M)

what do you think of the recent news of fed (((considering))) about using QE regularly as a tool. is this our marxist moment?

So I finally broke down and got an investing app for my phone, been investing in ETFs for a few months now but nothing else. What do you guys recommend?

Yeah I know, it was just an example. It sucks that people who willingly put themselves into debt to make their imaginary number go up get better perks then more reasonable people.
I just don't really see the point of them. I know they have some benefits like being able to fight for you if something goes wrong with your purchase or using them sparingly, but most of the time I don't really see a point when you can just save up and buy it with cash.
More companies should try this method

GPRO

Attached: 1436647897953.jpg (405x309, 64K)

Crack cocaine broski

Attached: tyrone.jpg (440x345, 58K)

Based check
Based check