> Fires 8% of workforce

>> Fires 8% of workforce.
>> Next week: Announces increased dividend & 1.5B stock buyback.

Fuuuuck. I almost don't want to touch that money, this feels outright dirty to me. This is one of the reasons why I prefer pure growth stocks with no dividends & a mission statement that includes saving the world.

The buyback is especially pointless imho. There's a zillion small high quality studios that Blizzard could buy for 1.5 B. That's almost as much as Microsoft paid for Mojang.

On the other hand, if this feels unethical to me, thank god I didn't get into war or tobacco stocks.

Attached: blizzard.jpg (1200x628, 130K)

Blizzard is dead

Attached: angryretardedpepe.jpg (640x619, 21K)

why did it die?

Wow... this is worst than all the SJWs they've been accommodating with

>There's a zillion small high quality studios that Blizzard could buy for 1.5 B.
Are you retarded? It would be bad for ATVI to buy smaller game studios. Look what EA did to all the once good studios.

Activision put their guy, and he is doing the dirty work.

Yup, this company died some times ago and was maintained alive by morhaime. Now he's gone there is nothing stopping Activision definitely taking over.

That was basically whay mark kern called last year.

I don't give a fuck about video games.
All I care about is money and asian women.

>Stock drops 50%
>They announce by backs, so the value of your stock is higher and you don't pay taxes on it
>Increase dividend

I will be accumulating shares throughout the year. They are targeting more Chinese market and China is crazy about mobile games.

Attached: ATVI.png (861x72, 21K)

Right. The entire thing feels like a hostile takeover.

Yeah but chinks are weird. I’m doubtful a western company can get into their weird ant brains. Starcraft was a fluke.

Good, fuck Blizzard. How they have managed to do what they have done to the Diablo franchise would be funny if it weren't so sad. How you manage to have the game lineup they have, and still fuck up as they have? Should have been 80% lay offs and bring back some people from Blizzard north days.

why did it moon so much since 2013? overwatch?

diablo4 + rmah based on blizzcoin crypto or maybe some other crypto or just based on btc

that's it

the first big gaming company which adds crypto/bitcoin to their game system wins.

just imagine playing diablo4 or any other game like for example darkfall mmo or some eve online where game economy is based on btc/crypto.

it will be a fucking huge, like SSD to hdd, and JOLED monitors to current monitors (fuck AH-IPS or va)

just imagine u play a game on JOLED and cashout your game stuff to btc.

nobody cares about crypto. get over it

>leveling a character in Diablo 4 seasons in the first 72 hours and selling the gear could make you a millionaire.

Piece of shit company. I don't even really play video games anymore, but if they butcher Warcraft3: Reforged I will unironically pull a boomer and send them an angry letter or something like that.

That's all distraction to have someone everyone dislikes to blame.

>The buyback is especially pointless imho
Not if you are an investor who is getting out of consumer facing goods. Video games go out the window when everyone is struggling to pay rent and food.

>playing the game and micro transactions "mine" coins

if such fucked up method will be implemented and stil profitable, then why not.

also such fucked up method of implementation is similar to this shit bittorrent.com/speed/
"Faster Downloads
Use BitTorrent (BTT) to download even faster"

I still play Diablo 2, that's about it these days

Fort nite has monero already

Firing employees and buybacks instead of acquisitions make sense if you cant make good games anymore. Has Blizzard released anything relevant since Overwatch? They might as well just keep milking their existing games, and do a comprehensive review of their long term strategy.

Yes and Call of Duty Black Ops 3

I managed to farm up a decent blizz sorc last ladder. Now I hop on for a couple runs a week just to hear the music and gameplay sounds... Fuckin game, I've played it on and off for 15 years.

>The buyback is especially pointless imho. There's a zillion small high quality studios that Blizzard could buy for 1.5 B

Something tells me you haven't been investing for a particularly long time.

The sad fact is that boards and management waste far more shareholder equity on ill-concieved mergers/acquisitions than they ever will on bonuses. In a lot of cases the most responsible decision they can make is to return the surplus capital back to its owners.