/smg/ - Stock Market General

pumpkin edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: give me the.png (620x438, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AlBU97NAdWg
seekingalpha.com/article/4184695-john-bogles-bastardized-view-etfs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh boy, tripcode OP

hell yeah!!

SUCK IT SNOW FLAKES!!!

Attached: 1538423654199.jpg (750x740, 105K)

Can I anime post if I don't own GPro?

Let's go GOOS!

I need a new car.

Attached: f06df2ed72c56b64ba.jpg (850x1510, 149K)

NTDOY!!!

Attached: 1516680470320.png (369x383, 103K)

N-nio

Attached: girlsform158 (2).jpg (1200x1729, 626K)

WHERE IS VALENTINES DAY EDITION

roses are red
violets are blue
i'll be at the top
waiting for you

Attached: 1541954819648.jpg (512x512, 32K)

Hello /smg/, I come from Jow Forums
I have about $100 and entry level knowledge on how the stock market works, should I bother starting to invest or wait until I have a little more disposable income and knowledge?

I want to make some swings and positions and at least double my money within a year

Any suggested stocks (preferably those with dividends) and any suggested online brokers? Some anons are suggesting Robinhood while others are saying it sucks ass

Attached: 1528113796033.jpg (495x600, 37K)

The Stock market

Attached: x73.png (249x283, 90K)

The OP is usually a tripfag
it's usually made by a long-term poster and long-term posters have a greater tendency to become tripfags.
If you were a regular in these threads, you'd know that. :^)

Did you try reading any of the pastebins in the op?

>at least double my money within a year
youtube.com/watch?v=AlBU97NAdWg

Attached: 1525847618353.jpg (358x358, 14K)

Also if all you have is $100, RH is the only brokerage you can use without getting fucked by fees

Dank anime girl, friendo.

>and at least double my money within a year
Try lottery tickets

Attached: 1545825725548.jpg (1024x975, 176K)

Yes, but they didn't give me any advice for the questions I had, mainly about what broker to use

Say I was able to obtain more money, like $10K+, what would be the best broker?

Attached: 1526029323884.jpg (1286x1624, 231K)

There's literally a pastebin just for brokers, fuck off

PRTY is going to pop up so much in March earnings like Oh my god guys

Attached: xturo.png (477x564, 516K)

Hey guys, I'm new to the market. How do you usually do DD? What do you usually look for?

Attached: 1541400527791.jpg (1080x1352, 1.69M)

just use robinhood you fucking faggot, if you find any shortcomings during your short stint you can change to a big boy brokerage

delet this tumblr turned twitch thot

I seriously wouldn't search for monetary advise on Jow Forums. Unlike Jow Forums, most people here don't know what they are doing. You have been warned.

Attached: 1533582877508.png (1440x1938, 494K)

That just lists brokers, it doesn't give reviews. I was asking other anons opinions of RH because the past several threads have had anons complaining about RH

you know what? go take your 100 dollars and open an account with fidelity or schwab or ameritrade and see how well that works out for you

RH is fine. If you're a stupid fucking idiot it's the only one you should use. You sound like a stupid fucking idiot

Who here /ETSY/ ultrabull?

Attached: 1346390058764.jpg (252x221, 9K)

Robinhood is just fine if you're only putting in $100.. Depending what kind of trading you are doing it'll be just fine for much larger amounts of money.

The people complaining about execution are using no more than $500 in their robinhood account and making like $50 trades.. they have no clue what poor execution is.. this thread just likes to complain about shit..

Already have the guitar lol. Probably the one thing I won't sell of my belongings, grandma gave it to me. I could prolly join the nat guard too, might have to. Heck, I guess if I go broke I'll join for the adventure.

Attached: mordecai_and_the_rigbys.jpg (720x404, 53K)

>using the term snowflakes unironically

I just put my first 10k in ETFs and signed up for the DRP.
I plan on putting in 5K at least per year.
I'm gonna be rich in 50 years!

whoo boy

The games pretty dead though so i assume they mean in terms of micro transactions

Attached: 1541568719224.gif (480x238, 415K)

the rest of the thread is hilarious, full of communist sentiment and blaming investors/markets

>How do you usually do DD? What do you usually look for?

It's mainly just two things:

1. check the financials for revenue, debt, and disposable cash the company has for expansion without needing to issue shares/dilute to raise the money. Check P/E and EPS, compare against sector peers.
2. Skim through the news to identify catalysts upcoming that may be either positive or negative. Check ex-dividend and earnings call dates to make sure you're not entering at a time when either of those could screw you.

If it is your first option after losing everything you have, why don't you just skip the losing everything you have part? If you are under 27, 5k at a growth rate of 4% won't get you rich but you won't regret having been smart with it once you are 65 or 75. Don't forget that you will probably live a long fucking time. Think long term unlike many other wojaks.

QQQ is gonna give me 6% a year at most, suggestions for IRA replacements?

Thanks man, there's a special place in SoHo for guys like you.

Lmao, investors care about what gamers think.

Sure. By the way, if you use tradingview charts it will show the earnings and dividend dates right at the bottom by default. Saves time and tradingview.com is the best free charting anyway.

Fuck ETF's they are just another vehicle for sales by brokers. You are quite literally better picking any of the top 20 companies in the US.

I honestly think that ETF's are shit. Find a healthy company that you don't mind owning for the next 50 years. ETF's do not have your best interest in mind. Less so than individual companies at least.

Read ch. 8 of intelligent investor

Activision had epic lay-offs on Monday.
I heard that they cut like 7% of the headcount. Wtf.

Hence my comment that QQQ will be a slow grind to riches. I will be researching top co's rest of the week

VTSMX has been a good pal. Jack Bogle is quite literally the GOAT for retail investors. RIP good fren

VTSAX

SPXL deep OTM call options

why are these both called US total stock market ETFs

whats the difference lmao Vanguard

ETF's trade more similarly to stocks.
Google the history/differences of ETFs and Mutual Funds

I don't know the specifics in this case (literally too lazy to google) but usually what differs between similar ETFs is how they allocate the fund. For example, some may allocate shares in companies within the market based on market-cap ranking of each company (ie. proportionate representation), some may put a cap on the max (say 1% max, so even if a company represented 50% of the market it would only be 1% of your portfolio) for better diversification.

But who knows maybe ETF's will be do better, I'm just a pleb and I have a bias against them as they are a newer vehicle for investment. I very well could be wrong.

seekingalpha.com/article/4184695-john-bogles-bastardized-view-etfs

>seekingalpha.com/article/4184695-john-bogles-bastardized-view-etfs
wtf is this on about

Index funds are just a subset of ETFs, is he whining about industry specific ETFs? surely hes not whining about based SPY and based QQQ

I think what Bogle was getting at is that is promotes more speculation rather than playing the longhodl game. This author then goes on about why his butthurts

well index funds are the definition of longhold, most of my portfolio is in index funds becuase of how based they are

capturing the worlds economic growth for yourself year over year is how you make it

Im in BCCI overnight, looking to sell into a gap up tomorrow, ill try to post results if smg is still up

Attached: 1547811679162.jpg (750x750, 76K)

GALT FAGS ASSEMBLE

Attached: 1547141625846.jpg (1024x768, 298K)

GPRO!!@!!!!

NoPro

Attached: 1545377027253.gif (268x268, 340K)

What are your thoughts on property investing? There's this company selling shares that work as a kind of "kickstarter" for property investment. Or sorta like an ETF but for property investments only.

I would like to diversify a bit and get into property investing, but "real" property investing takes a LOT of money to get into unless you wanna become a slumlord or some useless shit.

Anyway, I digress. I'm not sure if said company is a scam or not. It's relatively new in my country.

its called an REIT
what country are you in lol

>I have about $100. I want to make some swings and positions and at least double my money within a year.

So you'll have $200 in 2020?

Anyone buying EA tomorrow?

Why?
Probably to see if he is good.
If he gets 200 in 2020 he'll put his life savings on it and go homeless.

Sounds like a scam. Some reputable companies are
GALT
DRYS
LCI
DRUS

Stick to healthcare, small share price (

-_-;
but REITs are most stable stock of last 20 years
they boomer core

you just listed that have either lost 99% of value or are very volatile

Attached: 5c4.jpg (726x800, 257K)

go kill yourself you fucking niggerdickbitchfaggot fuck you shit why the fuck do tripfags have to fucking make these goddamn threads quit using a fucking trip what the fuck is the fucking point you attention faggot fuck

he's a zoomer born in '99. what did you expect from 4channel?

>that ID

Attached: Popuko1.gif (426x412, 266K)

Apex legends is a smash hit, and took over the moba/battleroyal scene in less than a week.

NO
I DONT WANT THAT!

give me the butter

>and took over the moba/battleroyal scene in less than a week
Its a meme of the month it will be forgotten

quick

someone b my valentine

thats what everyone said about fortnite

More like apex niggers

Nintendo will rise today right? Please.

ACB’s clearly formed a cup and handle. I just want the fucking handle to be done already

How do I short sex on Valentine’s Day? I’m projecting record lows because orbitals are too scared of getting me too’d.

short sugar like me, im betting consumption is down.

Attached: itisunsaid.jpg (1070x723, 221K)

Really the whole Kickstarter line makes it sound crypto related so it might be a good investment tech wise

Give me the salt

Based Coca-Cola.

Will Costa really change things?
They should but the redline energy drinks.

5 colored lion robots make one large robot.

Attached: Bullshitman Enron.jpg (683x988, 114K)

Attached: 1293480932849023.png (1164x667, 394K)

WHY ISN'T NINTENDO UP??!

Add RWLK to that.

Attached: RWLK.jpg (684x327, 93K)

short rubber

So is it time to get the volatility?

What do you mean by "get the volatility"

Short Question: If I email the board of directors can I get a guy fired

Long Story: I work for a contracting company that is frequently contracted by Energy Transfer to build amine treating plants. In the facility other than us there is another contractor who was contracted to put in a compressor BEFORE we got contracted to build an entire plant.
Skip to yesterday and we are about a month away from finishing the amine plant and our Superintendent gets removed from the jobsite over some small shit because the head inspector said so. Now this entire job the Energy transfer employees on this plant have been trying to delay our work and fuck us over, petty shit.
Pretty much all of the ETC employees at this plant just want this shit to go as long as possible, ok still nothing too out of ordinary.

Then we find out that the other contractor on the other side of the plant is owned by someone who is blood related to the head inspector. The theory is that we were doing our work too fast, and if we finished an entire plant before the compressor was installed it would look bad, on the other contractor and the Energy Transfer employees running the facility.

So if I were to send a detailed email to the board of directors could I get them to start an investigation of the employees at this facility. The top dogs at Energy Transfer want this plant running ASAP, however those at the middle level are wasting time and money of the investors because of mid level corruption

Share the story on Twitter, making sure that every tweet has "$ET"

>trip faggot
No, OPs are told to take off the trip when making a new thread because some anons don’t want to be on Reddit where you belong. Classy trips like Pendulum do this and even apologize when they fuck up, but you wouldn’t know that because you’ve probably had your head up your ass for weeks.

"get the volatility" implies having a reversal on the vix.

>trip faggot
No, OPs are told to take off the trip when making a new thread because some anons don’t want to be on Reddit where you belong. Classy trips like Pendulum do this and even apologize when they fuck up, but you wouldn’t know that because you’ve probably had your head up your ass for weeks.

nobody has to listen to you

shit data out

Retail Sales Dec. -1.2%, Exp. 0.1%

Retail Sales control group -1.7%, Exp. 0.4%