/smg/ - Stock Market General

Face of the people who sank all their money into the FX edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Retail Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading:
While FX trading is still considered a widespread practice of personal investment in Japan, its risk-prone nature has also led to the stigmatization of currency trading as a form of get-rich-quick-scheme, and as a result, Japanese FX investors who lament about their heavy losses have become a frequent target of online ridicule and mockeries, especially on 2channel and Nico Nico Douga (NND), where some users regularly make trades through its real-time streaming service.

Previous ´| |`:

Attached: letssmg.jpg (590x602, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/quote/forecast/forecast.html?symb=LPTX
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Keurig_Dr_Pepper_brands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

KO IS BASED REGARDLESS OF PRICE SWINGS

Attached: KO monopoly.jpg (466x230, 28K)

ATVI BULLISH! FUCK WORKERS

Attached: 1542750862830.jpg (283x178, 7K)

LCI 20 EOD

Short
N
A
P

Long
C
I

Check out SPKE

>12752846
and women ;_;
SPY raped me today

Attached: aeac1bfc6ff5f9561dfbbd778cb5fa92.jpg (768x768, 75K)

Cheer up, sweetie.

Attached: JUST.png (629x287, 13K)

if AAPL is your fren you're getting paid today
#:^)

you don't know what rape is

Attached: screamshot_original_153862713.png (1146x937, 170K)

So I've been shilling LPTX for a few days now, and today it took off. Get in while you still can.

money.cnn.com/quote/forecast/forecast.html?symb=LPTX

Why the fuck would you put $50k in a stock that is going to reverse split again?

Attached: 1549954039928.jpg (750x563, 55K)

/smg/
How do I get over the anxiety of a position growing too fast?
I'm currently over 30% in IQ over a month and I feel I should sell, I was 40% over in Canopy and sold but missed over 30% of the growth.

i'm down multiples of what you are in KO alone today. do I care? no. KO will be up to 51 by eoy and I'll be getting hundreds of dollars a quarter in straight cash homie until that time

pls stop posting this monstrosity reaction image

>try to buy GOOS yesterday afternoon
>can't because I've initiated the transfer of my account to a different brokerage and it hasn't completed yet
>save $700
things went better than expected

Set a new stop loss every day to lock in profit

no one ever went broke taking a profit.

and when I used to invest in growth stocks, at a certain percentage of growth I'd sell half my position. it worked well-ish. but the anxiety of growth stocks only made me realize I don't need that shit in my life so I let my mutual funds deal with growth and I just have buy and hold forever stocks that i deal with

Or just use a trailing stop loss order that you don't have to keep updating.

Does anyone know the TA technique of using the moving average 9 and triple ema 8 with Heiken Ashi? Can you explain, let me know if it has a name, and provide any more information on why it works please?

For the KDP guy saying that KDP has better brands than KO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Keurig_Dr_Pepper_brands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands

Please review and let me know why you think that to be the case...

If you drink soda, you're subhuman.
Period.

are you talking about Ichimoku Cloud

Set a point to sell 1/3 or 1/2 your current position, let the rest float. If it goes up again, unload another 1/3, 1/2 of that half or the rest of the position if you're really sure that it's the top. Also make a new stop loss after each point you sell so you don't get bogged out of the blue.

I just let my McCall go and used the profit from the venture to purchase 1 share of MCD. I'm going to attend the next share holder meeting and ask if we can make the Hamburgler black in a new advertising campaign.

You should always set goals for yourself. Is it a short term investment? Intermediate term? Long term?
Also, like others said make sure to ALWAYS look at the graph and set stop-loss accordingly. You shouldn't have to sit and fear having an investment rolling on, set a stop in profit and let it roll if you want to keep it in.

You should never put in money into a stock without a plan.. that usually ensures a loss.

I pretty much always assume people asking for basic advice are using RH, and it doesn't have trailing yet

Beverage of choice for Peruvian thots.

Attached: PE-Bimbo-Break-450ml.png (598x336, 80K)

>any more information on why it works please?
Japanese Black Magic

Attached: narutosummon.png (903x470, 352K)

>Buy GOOS yesterday
>Get absolutely just'd

I'm doubling down boys wish me luck

>Technical Analysis

>Curiously, however, the broken technician is never apologetic about his method. If anything, he is more enthusiastic than ever. If you commit the social error of asking him why he is broke, he will tell you quite ingeniously that he made the all-too-human error of not believing his own charts. To my great embarrassment, I once choked conspicuously at the dinner table of a chartist friend of mine when he made such a comment. I have since made it a rule never to eat with a chartist. It’s bad for digestion.

>implying that you dont sank all your money being stupid american trader trading stocks
95% of retail traders will lose eventually.

Attached: 1542805854055.jpg (422x422, 114K)

Nintendo is still shit. HAHAHA

PUMP IT

Arcimoto pumpiiiiing. Also finally sold muh PLUG.

Yeah but Dr. Pepper brands are hot and trendy now in the sexy market groups while Coke continues to kill off the low Iq, fat, boomers that still drink it.

Schwepps, Canada Dry, Dr. Pepper, A&W, Snapple, bai. These are all products that will keep gaining market share.

I scrolled through some of the Coke listings but most of those are hot garbage. Dasani is the only reason coke isn't down 20% today.

Yea, fuck this bullshit.
Cracking a bottle of jack and drinking until blackout.

>Tfw sold Activision for Nintendo.
Kill me.

>starring John Goodman as CIA

Attached: 1549996650592.png (892x535, 132K)

What the fuck are you even bitching about?

At least Nintendo will recover.

DELUSIONAL

KO has 20 different billion dollar brands. KDP's entire market cap is 40 billion. Let that sink in for a moment....

I just wanted a quick buck then put it in Apple.

Try checking the market and figuring it out, you stupid robinhood faggot.

Can confirm Schweppes is sexy. Phoneposting from tavern.

Attached: 1550165289312430662169.jpg (2160x2160, 1.79M)

No I'm not.

Thinking about buying some KO if it dips low enough.

Clever marketing. MCD to the moon.

The market is doing great, are you a bear perhaps?

Your deduction skills are brilliant. Modern day Sherlock Holmes.

I did. It tells me Coke is massively overvalued and Dr. Pepper is undervalued. Which is why it's up 300% against Coke the past ten years.

Meanwhile Dr. Pepper sales are almost entirely in the U.S and still growing while soda sales are declining rapidly in the country and they were recently acquired by a German private holding company with the connections for expanding globally to the third world countries Coke enslaved and depend on to cover your dividend.

Oh look it's flat when the entire industry is shitting itself because of Coke. I wonder why?

Good luck I'm done helping. You boomers are fucked.

Oy is it too late invest in LCI?

It's only too late if you're trying to profit off of your investment.

What bears?

Attached: 1549756580792.jpg (2200x1732, 450K)

i've probably lost more in KO today than your entire portfolio is worth, and it will be at $51 by eoy. screen cap this.

Keep thinking your stock can go up 300% every decade when its going to hit its ceiling or be either choked out or bought out by this "boomer" stock

Dude, last time I got black out drunk while the market was still open I had a shit ton of CEI in my portfolio. I mean I was able to get out with a +2% on the deal but watch out.

Just FYI, the back of this bottle says Distributor Coca Cola Hellenic bottling company.

I'm liking this set up for a short on NKE and a long on the TLT. The whole market is about to fall the fuck over like a fat man having a heart attack.

NTDOY...

Attached: cryeat.png (997x781, 426K)

Ahem.

Attached: 20190214_071520.jpg (720x516, 101K)

Fuck it, bro. I've been JUST'd so hard, it won't even matter.

>people here thought this weak retail data would have a lasting effect on this market

the absolute state of bears

Attached: 1546456122810.jpg (251x242, 8K)

>the stock was at 1.45 per stock when he bought it, now it's at .71. He just keep borrowing money to invest in it hoping that if he buys a shit tons he can raise the stock up.
kek

......NTDOY.........

Attached: 1544739167895.gif (400x374, 182K)

Linking my wasted posts
Bottom line. Redbull will die and Dr. Pepper will have a very hard time in foreign markets

>Borrowing money for stock.
Why?

Thanks bro i picked some up when you mentioned it a couple days ago. Up 10%

>Hurrr who cares if my stock loses 20% of it's value it pays a 3% dividend

There's no reasoning with dividend brainlets. You probably have held AT&T for 20 years and think it's the greatest investment of your life cause of "that phat divy bro" when an index fund produced 5x the return over the same period.

But yeah you're right theres no reason to believe a well.managed company with growing products will continue to outperform a poorly managed company in decline like it has for past ten years.

If I can get a loan with 5% interest and make 500% return on that capital, why the fuck not?

>KO
>poorly managed company

kek you're a dumbass

The only thing I don't like about coke is the occasional nose bleed and vast exposure to emerging markets. Other than that, pretty good shit.

So has atvi stopped dumping? I'm still on the fence if i want to buy atvi or apple.

When is this FUCKING market going to tank? There's no reason it should have came back up this far.

>Auris Medical Holding AG got a surprise boost to its stock price Wednesday as investors mistakenly bought shares of the drug developer after Johnson & Johnson agreed to buy a similarly named robotics company for $3.4 billion.

>Auris Medical rose 9.4 percent at 10:40 a.m. in New York after earlier rising as much as 30 percent.

whoops!

Attached: 8B687CB010E74C3AA617C4B16C16374D.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

Yeah, it's never too late to FOMO and lose.

NTDOY がんばれー!!!!

Attached: 1516680470320.png (369x383, 103K)

Kek. Is that why? I bought it Tuesday just for shits and giggles

what do you guys think of nvda calls before earnings?

Sell while it's retarded

Sold yesterday

based

I'm tired of wagecucking and want to work for myself. But i also want low risk so I've decided to go with a franchise. I'm pretty sure I'm going with jimmy John's or five guys. What do?

Attached: 1546106636037.jpg (960x960, 84K)

>im tired of wagecuking so I've decided to become the manager of a fast food restaurant
hmmmm

NTDOY!!!!!!!
GPRO!!!!!!

Attached: Party hard.gif (350x263, 196K)

net profit on CAG now

Happy V day to my wife Nazrin. Naz, I love you 24/7!

Attached: love.png (544x540, 290K)

Owner > manager you faggot nigger

Yeah, this
You'll never make enough money on a single franchise to not have to work 60 hrs a week to run it. Generally opening a second doesn't make it any better as you have to pay someone practically your whole take to run the second one while you run the first. Supposedly it's four or five before you're 90%+ administrative, depending on the company. The whole thing is a scam, don't do it.

GO GPRO GO

Is this like that time user bought LCI Industries instead of LCI and made a cool 10%?

NIO!!!!

Attached: 1505122646667.png (800x800, 626K)

I don't mind working. I guess i should've said I'm tired of working for somebody else

Are ETFs a good place to start for a first time trader? Do I buy cheap ones to test the waters and sell on short term?

Buying into a franchise is a trap. You will never make money that way.

Starting your own business and creating your own brand is tough and requires decades of experience. When I started my business I was working 100+ hours a week for less than minimum wage and I did that for 2 years. Add in the stress of not covering expenses and staving off loans and you are in for a miserable experience.

Believing you will make it big on a wish and a prayer is not going to cut it. Unless daddy gives you a mil to start your own business, you are in for the worst experience of your life.

Attached: 1_166zpknsqs.jpg (600x1128, 79K)

Short SPY.

ETFs are safe, unless you're going with 2x or 3x or inverse
The latter are the ones you want to hold short term

What kind of business did you start?

Like working for 5 guys? Owners have rules and bosses too you know. You're essentially just a trusted manager. You still answer to the company as an ambassador of their brand and image. They can pull your franchise for violations. They can force shitty products onto you.

Okay. So there’s basically no hard danger in ETFs, so it’s a good start to build a portfolio in your opinion?

NAZRIN!!!!!!

GPRO!!!!!!!!!!

n-nio.....

Attached: partyhard_anime1.gif (320x238, 79K)