Hey guys

Hey guys,

Recently I started to have a deep interest in digital marketing, website testing and SEO. My idea is to get as much skills in this field and work as a freelancer. Is there anyone here with some information about this field? Is saturated or there are still opportunities? How much money are you guys making? Also, tips to start in this field?

Thank you

Attached: 17662662_1316885741735305_6961694687446958080_n.jpg (1080x1080, 200K)

good luck mate. as a freelance developer these are the easiest and least costly tasks to outsource so you will definitely be competing in the race to the bottom. of those three skill sets marketing is undeniably the most valuable, in the sense that you will need to effectively market your own services to create any real earning potential

>tats on leg

low-class pleb

Are you good at shitposting on Jow Forums? Can you harvest (you)'s at will? Have you made a copypasta or two that has stuck around for weeks at a time, or even forever?

Then you will probably make an EXCELLENT copywriter (ad designer).

You see, copywriting relies upon creative writing skill and being contentious and attention getting in only a few words or a single image. Talent is DIFFICULT to find for copywriting, and anybody that can actually legitimately shitpost and get attention is invaluable beyond belief to this industry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copywriting

If you have spent your life on Jow Forums, you can use the skill at shitposting you developed here to have an actual work from home career.

Freelance copywriting is legit.

Imagine being able to monetize and live off a single quality shitpost that becomes a meme, for months or even years. Imagine becoming professionally famous within a career field for getting the most (you)'s out of everyone.

THAT is copywriting. Yes its for gay normie shit, but money is money.

You need to be really REALLY fucking good at it or you are scraping the barrel.

I'm talking willing to work 10 hours a day learning for a year before you earn a penny.

The up side is that once you get good at it, you pretty much have license to PRINT FUCKING MONEY.

Attached: a01.png (1443x897, 112K)

Also, when you do start making money, don't be a fucking retard with it like 99% of the fuckers on here. Live on bare minimum

I like the 50/30/20 split
50% - Re-invest in learning from the best sources. Facebook Marketing, Copywriting, Video Making, Mentors, Sales Funnels. The lot.
30% - Invest in Automating the parts of the business you can.
20% - Live off.

However, most people get a fucking stupid car and house and wonder why they start losing money in 2 years time.

kek you don't need to be good at SEO to make money, you just need to find untapped local markets and convince business owners that you can make them money by boosting their search results or web prescence beyond the absolute minimum it is probably at

go 45 minutes outside of any major city, and you will trip over hundreds of businesses that dont even have functional websites or updated information through search engines and they WILL pay you once you lay out what you can do for them for only $500-$1000 a month

of course you dont tell them you subcontract out the actual SEO for $250 a month to some pajeets

bumping for OP, I am also interested in doing the same thing.

My life doesn't rely on it though, I view it as a hobby and a side-gig.

Any advice will be welcomed.

being willing to do IRL legwork and face to face meeting with small business owners puts you ahead of 95% of the SEO market

nah, more like 99%

Attached: 1548080759372.jpg (709x489, 57K)

>actual ad writer detected

That flowed beautifully. I'm reading Bob Bly right now. The stuff is fascinating.

OP here. I forgot to say that my field of expertise is healthcare (i'm a pharmD) and I can easily interpret scientific papers, write about diseases, etc. Do you think this is a good niche? There is any advantage to this?

Yeh, that is a good point.

I guess that is a good way to get started, but I have always been completely obsessed with mastering whatever I am doing.

I want to literally blow people out the water, which is why I waited 6 months before selling my services. I wanted it to be perfect before I started selling. I am not a naturally confident person so to sell effectively, I literally had to believe that my product was 50 times better than the competition (It Is).

But, if OP is extraverted and has no problem selling a less than perfect product to get his feet wet (not judging here btw), then your suggestion is good.

Writing "white papers" is a copy writers job, which I didn't even know until I recently started digging into this stuff myself. It's like detail dense advertising for the nerds of xyz product.

In all seriousness, the chans or any forum with dedicated shit-stirrers are an untapped goldmine for creative writing talent, and most people have no idea that they have unknowingly cultivated an actual marketable skill for years.

I can say with absolute certainty that a shitposting 20-something who grew up exposed to this environment is probably better trained and practiced at creating compelling content than most of the poor normie goobs that tried to become copywriters without any prior creative writing or shitposting experience.

>I have always been completely obsessed with mastering whatever I am doing.

Well you should probably ditch that obsession, because there is always somebody better or luckier than you out there. I was kind of like you once upon a time, but after repeated failure even after 'waiting till I was perfect', I realized it doesn't matter and that very few people are capable of determining the difference between perfect work, and pretty-good work.

If you are also like me then you won't take this advice, and you will keep slamming your face against your own issues till you finally break through and adapt. So good luck with that. The best way to make it is to just do it, fuck up, then go again having learned where you went wrong. If you go in thinking you are perfect, it's going to hit you even harder when you fuck up anyways and your ego gets shattered. Just do it, dude. It doesn't fucking matter. Jump in right now.

You should also look into technical writing. It's lucrative, but also boring work.

I've been writing copy for about 15 years. can be tricky to get into because nobody will take you seriously without experience, and you need to work to build a portfolio. so can be tough to get into, but pretty much an ideal job if you can pull it off.

Do you work for an agency?

>technical writing
kek I just knew, that writing about the stuff you actually know about, while having to cite your claims, has some fancy newspeak name.

bump

Attached: 46403320_1559725634161309_983393742364868608_o.jpg (1296x1728, 255K)

maybe everyone considers SEO something different. For me it is know-how to cheaply rank high for competitive/valuable keywords

yeah that's exactly what i consider seo. it's a pretty low value service if you look at what you can contract online.