What happened to the app industry a few years ago everyone couldn't shut up about what app they was creating

what happened to the app industry a few years ago everyone couldn't shut up about what app they was creating

Attached: messaging-apps.jpg (730x410, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/liangweihan4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a fucking tech buzzword meme, just like "blockchain"

reality set in

the only people who won were those we knew how to program in 2008-2014

now its just pajeets maintaining enterprise-tier companies while all those smart millennials are off in cancun enjoying their stock options

feels bad for all the current cs students, their walking into a mouse trap

People are still making apps, but now the goal is to get acquired by one of the big boys like Facebook or Google. My old coworker did this a couple years ago. He started an app company that was basically just a small feature that one of the large apps was missing. He went through all the formalities of establishing a solid brand, team, user base, etc. But the goal from the start was to get acquired, and sure enough he got bought out for a few mil recently. Thats the way to do it.

wow. what a powerful autist your friend

My friend made billions from a flashlight app

Yep, and now he can just start a new company with the same strategy, rinse and repeat. Too many people aim too high and want to be the next Snapchat, but that's greedy thinking and not realistic.

partner up with this bitch; he knows his shit

I've literally never been impressed by an app.

Some apps like Uber are life changers, the city life never been as easy as now

It was basically a bubble that peaked somewhere between '13-'17. You could get a App for everything. Money either comes from InApp Purchases or Ads. Therefore Time you spend on them is all that counts, so Games and Social Media are directly profiting. The hype died because People realised not everything makes sense to just put it into a App. A lot of other Apps are very convient but people spend only very few daily Screentime on them or/and the profit isnt realised to the Apps directly rather "external". The Uber App or other types of delivery Apps for example.

Or the Tesla Mobile App, they dont make a cent of them directly, it just plays a Utility Role in the whole Ecosystem of their Products and also can be used as Marketing...

Nobody wants do download new apps. They just want Instagram and Snapchat.

Saturation. People have everything they need, and the things they want but don't have access to already are obscure or difficult to create. The trick is creating something people didn't know they needed, like uber eats or tic toc.

>need
>TicToc

pick one or the other you fucking idiot clown, don't make me die of laughter lmfao

I don't get tik tok. Isn't it just vine?

Nah those into machine learning and days science will be fine

yes it is Vine with a better marketing team

thats awesome. thanks for sharing

Attached: 2BFAD360-97BF-4292-9A41-C61FE97DE30F.png (240x221, 106K)

It was pretty easy to come up with new idea of a app make it yourself and then sell someone for big bucks.
But nowadays it is relatively cheap to outsource making of an app, also market is saturated so you have multiple apps doing similar stuff.
Sure you can still have a Insta/snap or tik tok kind multi-million idea, it is just much easier to accomplish it.
You throw

>they was
hello bn here NOT allow

haha your friend may be a relative of mine. SOB made an early flashlight app for android and was set for life.

>bn

Bix Nood?

>not knowing what bn means

twitter.com/liangweihan4

People have come to realize that the vast majority of Apps fail hard. Also, it has gotten more competitive. If you come up with a good idea, chances are that several people already have though about. This means that execution matter more than before and the winner usually isn't a single person working alone (but a team).

It's similar to how you see youtube stars who make 6 figures (or more) per year and think to yourself ´I could do that'. For each youtuber with 1 million subscribers there are hundreds who failed despite working really hard.

you need (((connections))) too

How many tattoos and piercings do you have? Asking for a friend

>got bought out for a few mil recently
>start a new company

Wow! I finally made it. Time to do it all again!

You do know Uber is hemorrhaging money right?

Nice. Congrats to your friend.

You guys can do this, biz. I believe in you.

Trump killed the venture capitalists

The loser “it’s too late” attitude rears its ugly head on biz once again

For machine learning you need to know more about maths and statistics rather than coding

Good thing most college CS majors focus on those things more than actual code.

Now this is the reason I come to Jow Forums. Thanks fren for sharing and I hope whatever coin you are invested in goes 100x in the golden bull run.