Should I do an apprenticeship to become an electrician if I can’t get into college?

Should I do an apprenticeship to become an electrician if I can’t get into college?.

Attached: D2F7CF20-36ED-43F4-8B04-4B8BC319349D.png (1236x888, 45K)

Are we talking JC or University? If JC then OP needs to take the GED or something.

University, I’m not sure what to do if I don’t get the degree I want

go to a community college first

>he can not get into college

Attached: 40495C4E-BD58-4E98-AE6E-D4780A0A98F5.jpg (231x219, 7K)

I don’t live in America.

is an apprenticeship just bongspeak for internship?

I’m a paddy

No it’s better than a internship

yes, not a bad option OP

It is dead end job to be fair, even if you start you work on your own/or own the company the margins are pretty slim.

Apprenticeships are more competitive than most "university" courses. Lefties seem to think that being able to go onto higher education is a right rather than privilege, so any dumb fuck can get a student loan and go. Of course they will never pay it back.

So my question to you, OP, is if you are too stupid to get into college, what makes you think you will cut it as an apprentice?

lol wtf no. Sounds like you're speaking out of your arts degree ass....

electrical is a saturated market. hvac is much better in pay and working conditions.

There are better ways to make money, also I have electrician degree but currently I work in gardening industry.
I just don't see why would you go for that industry unless you are really into it, and if you are into it you wouldn't ask.

electrician degree? Yeh nah mate.... You're either a qualified electrician (no degree) or an Elec Eng... Go play with your flowers while people with half an idea make six figures barely running cable.

Yeah mate. Are you in Australia? If so - do your pre-apprenticeship course which is a Cert II in Electrotechnology, that will make getting an apprenticeship a lot easier. If you're young it's better, but in my class there were about 10 people over the age of 30. Most being about 25 years old.
Well worth it if you can't get into college.

If you like it then it's a decent choice afaik. Depends on what your goals and preferences are.

Couldn't tell you how it is over there in bongland, but I'm a burger, and over here electrician is NOT a weak trade. The unions are strong and organized, the laws keep shit handymen from the third world from working on anything within the realms of "High Voltage" and "Low Voltage" without a degree or trade certification as an apprentice under a certified electrician, and because all of our electric wires are above ground, and trees fall on them constantly, people crash into power poles, etc., there's always, ALWAYS more work to be done at a wage far above minimum wage (Because you need certs or a degree to even get a job).

But that's over here in burgerland.

It seems like you are hurt or smth, i didn't say it is bad job it is just dead end.
You either wage cuck for the rest of your life or go down the self employed route which sucks ass.
I prefer much more running my own business in that industry, getting some mexicans to do all the hard work.
Not to mention that you actually deal with people who can afford that shit,
instead of normal average joe that often is being problematic with paying on time for labor or materials.
Been there done that, and in the last 6 years I have been in this garden business I had maybe one client that was problematic but he paid me off in the end, and maybe one that went to jail but his waif paid me off.

if you cant even get into college, please dont go around touching peoples electric wires.

you should have invested in chx instead of going to college and wage slaving your whole life. the fucking state of this board

Im from Europe and you need to be certified also, you can get away with doing some small stuff in your own house but then you might have problems with insurance in case of smth.
The pay is not that bad it is also above minimum wage, but it is far from great really.
It is hard to find qualified employees and teaching them takes time and money, most of ppl want to work at their own.
You always have problem with cheapskate people, especially if they order their own shitty materials for as cheap as possible or live in house built so shiftily not to mention fixing installations made by other ppl.
It might be good if you get some big contracts on some apartments complexes or even industrial buildings, but then again you need to know right ppl and have many employees to land such jobs.
Here people who want to get their gardens done have a lot of money, there is no problem with using quality materials and with enough of supervision you can get any 3rd country idiot to do that well.
Not to mention the discounts on materials you get if you cooperate wholesalers are huge, it is like 20-50% compared to 10%.

Everyone here has no idea what they are talking about. Joining a trade is your best bet. Blue collar workers will always be needed. I work a blue collar job with welders, pipe fitters, electricians, iron workers, etc. and they all tell me that there’s not enough people to fill the work. The older people are retiring. Most tradesmen are in their 40’s. You will also start earning more money sooner than college graduates. Just become an electrician and don’t go to college. You won’t ever have to worry about finding a good job. Just join the electricians union and you’ll be set

this user. also do the apprenticeship at the same time. You only go to school two days a week and on the other days you can finish your associates. By the time you go into your final two years of your bachelors you will be making will over 35 bucks an hour. No social life tho but you are not a faggot right user?