Reminder that ETHEREUM doesn't scale, never will scale, and any solutions presented thus far are snake oil

Reminder that ETHEREUM doesn't scale, never will scale, and any solutions presented thus far are snake oil.

No corporate entity i.e. one that actually has to make money, pay wages, increase productivity etc. sees value in having to support the storage and bandwidth costs associated with unnecessary apps sharing the same blockchain.

If you delve into the corporate world this becomes very obvious, but not so much on internet forums filled with inexperienced young adults easily swayed by shilling and memes, over substance.

Attached: ethereum cant scale.png (1001x681, 34K)

don't mean u can't make money from it.

Rootstock will consume ETH if there is any value in these dapp platforms
I wonder what that data dir is now, this was 9 months ago

Reminder: vitalik wanted to put all this bloat on bitcoin's chain
Real devs realizing he was a brainlet after his quantum computing scam told him no
He sperged out and scammed millions of people with ETH

>No corporate entity i.e. one that actually has to make money, pay wages, increase productivity etc. sees value in having to support the storage and bandwidth costs associated with unnecessary apps sharing the same blockchain.
Most apps will live on sidechains / 2nd layer. Look at the game dapps running on loom as an example. Ethereum base layer will just be a kind of financial internet between them, as well as a security layer to test fraud proofs regarding what happens on 2nd layers.

You fundamentally misunderstand ethereum's path to scale.
You also fundamentally misunderstand ethereum's path to scale.

L1 scaling on ethereum, even after 10000k+ TPS via POS and sharding, will be price prohibitive for high throughput requiring use cases like apps, micropayments, continuous payments, exchanges, IOT, supply chain, automated accounting, etc. That requires billions of TPS at very very low cost.
>Rootstock will consume ETH if there is any value in these dapp platforms
A POS tendermint sidechain is kind of shitty but still blows Rootstock out of the water. Bitcoiners are deluded. Sorry. Iexec (whose token of payment/stake is an ethereum bound asset) will help Rootstock a bit, but it can do the same for any fundamentally better solution on an ethereum side chain with a better end result.

look into chainlink they figured it out

Not to mention, L1 is also latency prohibitive for realtime applications, even with the low block times ethereum has.

If every dumb chink can make something 10,000 times faster why dont they just make a new ethereum from scratch and migrate over

Yea let me know when those changes are ever made
A simple fork has been delayed several times I'm sure you're at least 5 years out from sharting plasma
The design of the system is retarded and will never scale it will never work
It was simply a scam with smaller scams built into it obscured by fancy words and known scam artist autists (quantum computing fund raiser vitalik for Christ sake)
Nobody takes this shit seriously

plasma and sharding aren't the same. imo plasma seems like a dead end L2 type. There exists various kinds sidechains with 1000s of tx/s already on ethereum. Largely chains spun up as a dedicated 2nd layer for just a single app. That zombie game, dovu's tokenized mobility data and behavioral nudging platform and idex' tentative aurora sidechain are different examples of simple 2nd layer constructions on ethereum. They're just not good enough for mass adoption due to limited trustlessness, throughput or liveness guarantee, and rootstock is worse than almost all of them. I don't think we'll see the first proper flexible use trustless 2nd layer ramp up use before 2h 2019. I don't think it will be a plasma variant. Likely something entirely different, like Celer or Nahmii.

>The design of the system is retarded
You don't know the "design of the system".
>It was simply a scam with smaller scams built into it obscured by fancy words and known scam artist autists
You fell for the "it confuses me, so it must be nonsense" meme.

Thank you

The tears of ETH haters are delicious. The worst part is they don't even understand what they're typing and ALL their arguments are retarded. Not a single legit argument against Ethereum

Attached: keker.jpg (720x839, 64K)

>Reminder that ETHEREUM doesn't scale, never will scale, and any solutions presented thus far are snake oil.
You sir are wrong here.

Even you admit their apps aren't trustless
The design I'm referring to is all the bloat on the main chain
Miners control gas and therefore throughput
It's prohibitively expensive to simply operate a validating node
And we're at a stage none of this is even being used in the real world
That's a bad spot to be in for designing a system

Reddit gold
Upvoted
Thank you.

These big guys refuting OPs argument with nothing but fag cheerleading
ETH is the biggest a scam since central banks

I am new here, how do I upvote OP?

He makes good points and I agree with him.

There is this Jow Forums pass thing, is it like reddit gold?

>mfw this retard thinks he's in a debate with the user he's replying to
you should be taking notes, and THANKING him for educating you. the cognition level between you two is so different, holy shit
but i know: you're a retard, those bitcoin bags are heavy and your interest in crypto is purely greater's fool theory for fiat

You didn't even REFUTE my post and type like an IDIOT.

ETH kids just follow autists and think they're going to get rich while they were the bigger idiot this whole time
See how they say so much so strongly without saying anything at all

Ethereum supporters are too smart to respond to arguments
Just trust us goy

there's no point in "refuting" your monkey babble. that other user spoonfed you months worth of research in easily digestible form, and you chimped out because it still flew over your head. you don't have the ability to process information, whether because of emotional attachment to your bags, lack of intelligence, or both
and here's the thing brainlets never understand due to their low empathy: you're not the center of the world. in fact, you're completely irrelevant. nobody cares but you if you miss out. anons who are worth it will understand previously presented information, confused anons might ask for clarification, but angry baboons like you arguing in bad faith are utterly useless save as a topic of mockery
now dance, retard, dance and clap your hands like the retard you are. wrap yourself in your comforting ignorance, over doing the very first step of googling "archive node", which MIGHT lead you down a path where you'd understand what the other user said in a few months/years

Yikes
So this is the mental gymnastics ETH kids have to disregard their unsustainable model

Goy check the archived node it all checks out
Trust us
Any assumption otherwise is nonsense

We have loopyloop celery parity 2.0 DAO sharting as a work around
If you think there's something wrong with it you're an idiot because you're dumb
(not because it's progressively getting more and more convoluted opening the system to more attacks)

literal subhuman

Very good. Can you go further, little monkey man?

Göbekli Tepe was postponed because a problem with ice age

I am bullish on ETH in the long term (+5 years) but the whole Polkadot conflict of interest is making me nervous. You guys seems either too negative or too positive. Anyone else in the middle ground with a minimum common sense and opinions?

Attached: 1458404897.jpg (1080x810, 75K)

Money is being wagered on the system and a lot of mETH heads are over extended
Is it interesting technology sure, is it a smart investment, no not at all

Attached: [email protected] (1443x977, 159K)

>Thinking fundamentals actually mean something in crypto
Kek, put your money in any top 100 coin and wait for next bull run. It really doesn't matter.

Classic ETH supporter
They have no conscious just in it for the scams and money

Eth will flip BTC, the alt/btc bull market is over 57% is the highest it went hahahahahha. Just wait till the alt/btc bear market starts, BTC to 20% marketshare

Imagine arguing with a statistic as dumb as memecoinmarketcap

Does this mean the price of ETH will eventually be in the thousands?

I've argued with a closed-minded person before and they love to mention "mental gymnastics" because of low IQ see

Why did ETH give gas limit decisions solely to the miners
Why does nobody in the ETH camp question vitalik
Why do you think this makes you intelligent

why would parity want to unlock their 500k ETH if they didn't want ETH to succeed

don't mistake making fun of the thread's tard for full support of eth. i agree the parity/polkadot situation is concerning. this is the biggest threat to the network currently, no question
the silver lining in this shitshow is that they're incompetent enough they might have to piggyback on ethereum eternally, a parasite feeding on it but also improving the ecosystem from time to time. who would switch to "polkadot"? silly as it sounds, the name itself is terrible branding, so it's an uphill fight for them to grow as anything beyond a b2b/backend solution. in contrast, ethereum has enough name recognition it might even survive an eventual unlocking of parity funds (and the inevitable dump that would go with it)
ethereum is the best solution... by default. should a worthy competitor appear, that opinion will have to be reevaluated. but there's currently no competition for people with serious outlooks (consensus models, brainspace...)

so they can dump it for fiat money. it's 160k eth not 500k IIRC, but that's still a cool $18MM sold OTC at current rates

based and redpilled

OP is retarded

Is this the ETH 1.0 to 2.0 fiasco?
How can you switch the system without allowing legacy wallets to migrate over
You really can't so will there be continous inflation on 1.0 to secure legacy wallets?

>"polkadot"? silly as it sounds, the name itself is terrible branding
mETHheads in this thread are pic related
Questioning the ETH foundation is sacrilege

Attached: 1549945717925.jpg (500x548, 56K)

>i'm too stupid to understand casper and sharding so i'll make a fud thread and have smart people explain it to me
dyor braindead faggot

Attached: 1522540769982.png (840x485, 717K)

Man, the q comp fud made me sell eth at 60 and then fomo at 80

Pic related is the only man that can create a coin that actually scales, has a use case, and works as intended.

Attached: stiff.jpg (620x387, 135K)

Stop breathing

Attached: 568DD956-B1D3-4963-A5D2-28A8F20BAF96.jpg (275x183, 8K)

My anime download folder is almost 10x the size of a (default-pruned) ETH blockchain.

Attached: Chainsize.png (1144x585, 24K)

>Celer Network allows 2nd layer scaling

yawn, next.