What is your financial plan and how is it coming along? Any investing tips?

What is your financial plan and how is it coming along? Any investing tips?

Attached: Clarkson.jpg (286x288, 24K)

Financial plan no. 1
- don't get married

All in LINK
Comfy, I will retire soon

Max out your Roth IRA contributions every year and invest it in dividend growth funds/stocks. Avoid high-yield dividend funds/stocks -- steady dividend growth is what you want.

Invest the minimum amount in your 401k that maximizes your employer's matching contribution. Also invest this money in dividend growth funds/stocks.

The above should ensure that you never just yourself too hard if your other investments go tits up.

Anyway, you can go a few ways with investing the rest of your money. Different people will give you different advice.

But here's what I'd do with everything left over after the above:
>20% in India (MINDX)
>20% in Bitcoin (this is an inflation/downturn hedge as well as a growth opportunity)
>10% in video games (GAMR)
>10% in automation (ROBO)
>20% in S&P 500 (SPY)
>20% in small cap (IJR)

Attached: nm0emt0h5o611.png (1500x761, 276K)

based and boomerpilled

This

At first I was all in on stocks, after judging my local real estate market I realized that being a landlord was probably a better venture. So I paused my stock contributions and bought a duplex to rent out the other side, currently showing it. Plan is to do this a few times before buying my own home, and then keep buying new multiplexes as I get enough cash for the down payments, as well as contribute what I can to my brokerage account.

I've had enough of crypto/gambling/memes, it was fun but it's obviously like being a hamster in a wheel, not ultimately productive.

Not a bad idea at all, but definitely a lot of work, and keep in mind that lots of people also do this, and markets tend to be efficient, so you may or may not uncover much hidden value above what you could earn by investing your money and time in other ways.

You can get plenty of exposure to multifamily residences in the stock market: APTS, EQR, EPR, MAA, PMULF -- and investing in real estate this way saves you the work of fixing the broken water heater or evicting and cleaning up after the delinquent hoarder tenants

Attached: 1523796493814.jpg (390x382, 22K)

checked. Also the same plan

>Punched an Irishman for no reason
>Lost his job
Is Clarkson Brexit personified?

Attached: thinking.png (1024x1071, 72K)

Make 6 figures before 25 and proceed to put $2500 every month into an index fund, probably Schwab's I guess. Withdraw for house when married (after carefully choosing the right wife), and college for kids

I have an interview for the job on Friday. I'm 23

Why is a Roth IRA more advantageous than a 401k?

my plan: acquire more money
going well so far

it's situational. the guy is just talking out of his ass.

Chances are good that taxes will be higher in the future since the USA is running a massive deficit that will have to be paid at some point.

Roth IRA gets your taxes out of the way now, while taxes are low (thanks Trump), and you can withdraw the money tax-free in the future to buy a house or send your kids to college, etc.

Attached: 25152180_10210751103437983_6615115141536698681_n.jpg (514x373, 23K)

> Not a bad idea at all, but definitely a lot of work, and keep in mind that lots of people also do this, and markets tend to be efficient, so you may or may not uncover much hidden value above what you could earn by investing your money and time in other ways.

Not as efficient as stocks. As you said, this requires personal work and effort by definition, it makes the market less fluid and saturated due to this threshold. I live in a city with a really high rent to home value ratio which led me on this path... if I lived in a high cost of living city I would have just stuck to stocks and other ventures.

> You can get plenty of exposure to multifamily residences in the stock market: APTS, EQR, EPR, MAA, PMULF -- and investing in real estate this way saves you the work of fixing the broken water heater or evicting and cleaning up after the delinquent hoarder tenants

I looked at that first but yeah, it offers less long term upside than putting in the time to deal with the physical property and tenants. I have a decent amount of free time anyway, and if it ever gets overwhelming I'll outsource the work to a PM. God willing I'll be 40 years old in 15 years and have 10+ units under my belt to offer some financial liberty which is all I really want.

i have money for two months and no income

Britfag here, Got a new wagecuck job earning £27k which believe it or not isn't that terrible here

Going to stay with parents for a year and invest 1k a month into global index fund with Vanguard, keep about 5k in cash. I've already got £18k in my index fund, 2.17 BTC and 35 Monero. Wish I sold more in December 2017 but will probably just hodl these until they're worth a lot or nothing.

Just need to be able to get through the wagecucking, I fucking despise working

What do you do and what degree do you have?

Degree in Computer Network Security from a shitty uni, with a 2:2. It's an IT support job, I've been doing IT support jobs since I got out of uni 4 years ago but I usually get burnt out and quit after a year

Nice, that's not a completly shitty job in my opinion

you should switch to cloud infrastructure or Information security, less burn out and higher pay

anybody here work a shitty factory job? working on assembly line making shit wage?

I do. But I save $1300 every month after bills and all expenses paid. IDK what to do with it tho

Index funds or mutual funds. Or just save it up for a house or a car or something you might want.

im on the heroin overdose retirement plan. If life doesnt get any better than ill put the plan in action

i quit last week. Fuck, i got signs of tinnitus, not worth it.

How does one get this ‘Roth IRA’

>20% in India (MINDX)
>20% in Bitcoin (this is an inflation/downturn hedge as well as a growth opportunity)

Fuck off Pajeet. You already got my job you aren't getting my retirement savings.

starting as a doctor in 2020, currently all I have in managed funds and some in gold