How does Jow Forums feel about PSD2?

How does Jow Forums feel about PSD2?
pymnts.com/today-in-data/2019/retail-payment-protocols-psd2-regulations/

Attached: psd2-payment-data-compliance.jpg (1000x665, 63K)

makes me think chainlink $1000 eoy

Attached: CC5EEBE3-B95E-4D6E-83CE-1C3BE6E0472D.jpg (680x591, 393K)

We feel quite excited for it.

Attached: 1547701098122.png (750x750, 284K)

I personally only see potential data leaks, people being scammed and alot of people being hurt by this as they are not tech/business savy.

>caring about regulation

Link token will never become so high because it will become too volatile. Volatility is a dangerous thing for companies staking link into contracts for any length of time which could be affected by large volatility.

Also it doesn't make sense for the price of link to rise high and fast either.
Imagine this:
>You need to place a multi billion dollar derivative contract.
>You stake $10billion thus increasing every link token by about $10.
>Jow Forums neets all market sell their links and crash the price making your derivative contract worthless by the time it executes.
>You cry because you thought tokens would be "locked"

Attached: Sergey madzarov.png (2048x2013, 1.87M)

MMMMMMM SMELL THAT? THAT'S THE SMELL OF MY STINKY LINKIES.

I'm curious about this as well. How will the network manage price fluctuations affect the LINK tokens that are put up as collateral in a contract?

PSD2 is the primary reason I became involved with ChainLink.

Not just the collateral from node operators, but the eth/link that is used by the business to fund and deploy the contract.
The price of link is not designed to rise fast at all once it is in use. This is about saving businesses money, not gauging billions and billions from them.

Fiat gateway idiot

This

fiat gateway.... oh dear god. Have you even used a smart contract before?

That was rhetorical by the way because the obvious answer is no, you have never fucking used a smart contract in your life. Dumb cunt

Absolutely based.
Perfect timing.

This measure single-handedly makes me want to reconsider my opinion of the EU.

Attached: choose link.png (601x927, 568K)

I haven't, still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. Do YOU know how they work? here's another (you) phaggot

Anyone who ever moved or owned an ERC token has used a smart contract, you trenchbrain.

People will cry over chainlink when the price goes beyond $5 in few months. You've been warned.

You absolute fucking brainlet, i clearly meant has he ever DEPLOYED a fucking smart contract on the ETH network. an erc-20 transaction is not a deploiment of a smart contract you fucking moron.

>said 'used'
>"but I meant 'deployed'!"
Yeah sure.

And he wouldn't need to "deploy" a smart contract to use a fiat gateway.

learn to read and understand the context of what you are replying to before you make stupid comments and see>Not just the collateral from node operators, but the eth/link that is used by the business to fund and DEPLOY the contract.

You can't use a fiat gateway to deploy a smart contract that was my whole fucking point you dumb fuck. Anyone who wants to fund their smart contract will need to use either LINK or ETH. You can't use fiat.

>You can't use a fiat gateway to deploy a smart contract that was my whole fucking point
You're an idiot.

The gateway isn't here to replace the Link with fiat in the network itself.
It's there only to lower the threshold.
Chainlink users often won't even know they used Link tokens.

Ok you need to learn to read properly here.
Fiat can't be used to fund and deploy a smart contract. I dont care about gateways.
ETH/Link will fund a contract (doesn't matter if anyone knows they aren't using it from their fiat gateway)
Eth/link being volatile will either make someones contract sky rocket or dump before it is executed, IF volatility is too high.

I literally can't break this down any simpler for you faggots.

>Fiat can't be used to fund and deploy a smart contract
I just BTFO'd you on this, Jesus.

>Eth/link being volatile will either make someones contract sky rocket or dump before it is executed
That depends on how you set up the contract.
You could very easily predicate the staking on fiat value.

You haven't BTFO anything dumb cunt.
Fiat doesn't DEPLOY a smart contract. Have you ever deployed a smart contract before? You cannot do it without ETH or LINK. Good luck trying to put fiat into a contract. Fiate gateways don't directly DEPLOY or FUND a contract you fucking moron.

>That depends on how you set up the contract.
Tell me how you offset any volatility within a contract and who pays for the loss ?

>Fiat doesn't DEPLOY a smart contract.
See >Tell me how you offset any volatility within a contract and who pays for the loss ?
Renegotiation intervals, escrow fiat amount to accommodate for price fluctuations, ...

These are smart contracts we're talking about, anything is possible.

I dont understand why you are even mentioning fiat on ramps? They have no relevance to what I'm pointing out about the price/volatility to the link token.

>Renegotiation
This is fucking retarded. No company wants to have to keep track of the price of token values to to determine that the value of their contract remains the same throughout it's waiting period. Escrow....nice decentralised smart contracts.

>I dont understand why you are even mentioning fiat on ramps? They have no relevance to what I'm pointing out about the price/volatility to the link token.
If you say so.

>This is fucking retarded. No company wants to have to keep track of the price of token values
Again, these are smart contracts.
You could set up automatic sell/buy systems to account for certain fluctuations with minimal loss.
Also, the entire point of a separate token is to make the price of said token dependent only only on the Chainlink network.
When this network operates as planned, and gains its rightful reputation as the fintech world's problem solver, fluctuations will be minimal.

>Escrow....nice decentralised smart contracts.
You can create peer-to-peer escrows with smart contracts.