As someone who has contributed several approved (by Zilliqa) ideas such as a regulator for smart contract and...

As someone who has contributed several approved (by Zilliqa) ideas such as a regulator for smart contract and blockchain memory consumption, as well as making the entire blockchain up to 128x faster, not including cross communication which I also discovered, I would like to tell you that any cryptocurrency that does not use smart contracts is heading towards the right direction, as even Bill Gates said that Bitcoin is a tour de force. Smart contracts are basically huge blocks of code that perform a function that nobody will want to read in their spare time. What's worse, Zilliqa had asked me to solve the longstanding problem of putting blockchains within blockchains (such as Ethereum and Bitcoin being hosted on Zilliqa). The problem with this is that the entire code for the blockchains being hosted will be absolutely enormous, and you would have to put all your coins in it to convert over to the new cryptocurrency. This is nerve-wracking, because who knows what that code is really doing. Smart contracts are essentially scams.

What I'm trying to say is that we should be confining our attention to a non-smart-contract, shard-utilizing, cryptocurrency as a basis for future potential and growth.

Attached: th.jpg (264x176, 15K)

It blows my mind nobody is interested in this thread. Let's have some discussion about it. Tell me why you are investing in any cryptocurrency using smart contracts?

>investing

Attached: 6521651.jpg (450x296, 35K)

That's exactly what you're doing.

>who knows that code is doing
Speak for yourself, brainlet

You have no way of saying that the code does what it is claimed to do unless you inspect every detail of it, whether the code length is large or not. I certainly don't know what the code is doing otherwise, and neither do you.

You're a fucking idiot. Get out.

>unless you inspect every detail of it

You mean auditing code? Fairly fucking standard practise accross basically any industry working with software. Again, you're a dumb fuck and your thread is pointless.

Idiotic enough to provide a clean idea which solves the memory problem, which Zilliqa will be soon implementing.

Tell me why you are investing in smart contracts.

Yes, but in the real world where people are producing code and handing you an address to it, you are basically putting your faith in the creator of the smart contract by assuming that the smart contract it is doing what they say it is doing. Do you want to inspect every single detail of the smart contract before making a decision?

Well yeah. Of course.
In the future there is expected to be contract “template” enabling easy use and are open source such that both parties can easily verify what has been changed. Contracts between two familiar companies might not even need to be changed and can be reused endlessly.

a little work is needed to create a smart contract but its not like they can’t be reused

What are your thought about Zilliqa in general? Tech look miles ahead above the rest of the shitcoins who isn't named ETH, smart contract aside. They're in bootstrap phase rightnow but i wonder if they really will be able to scale as they claimed, in your opinion, how likely that they'll? and if the 20sec-2min blocktime (finality included tho) will be a problem? if yes then what possible solution to it?, as far as i understand, lower blocktime will sacrifice decentralization.

The downside to this is memory consumption of all these smart contracts. My solution works on the premise of atrophy, where disuse leads to it being removed from the blockchain. It's the only way that a blockchain with smart contracts can be sustainable, so unless people keep using a smart contract over and over and keep the rate above a certain threshold, there is no practical way to run a blockchain. This means that the ones used between you and your friends are likely not going to be used enough to reach this threshold. But generally, one can verify the authenticity of a smart contract in this way by how long it has remained alive for. The downside to all of this is that you still have to read the new smart contracts coming in.

damnnn I didn't know smart ppl actually come on /biz

Gamblesting

Im an Oracle programmer. Tell us your background and how you got in.

Zilliqa was good until they asked me to solve the blockchain within blockchain problem. I then realized the contentious nature of smart contracts. They are ahead of everyone in terms of speed, and my proposed way to increase its speed 128 times just needs to be mathematically verified, altho we all agreed it made intuitive sense.

I also came up with a solution for cross communication but never conveyed the explanation because I discovered it at the same time I realized how contentious smart contracts were.

Obviously, things will evolve with time, so I'm sure the finality time won't be an issue. I have not thought about a solution for it at the moment but I can certainly try.

So you’re saying we should invest in Zil?

Well, I would say to take some ideas that Zilliqa uses like sharding, and apply it to a cryptocurrency that doesn't use smart contracts.

What does this mean for chainlink?

>It blows my mind nobody is interested in this thread.
Zil is shit. We know this.

Just be skeptical. I don't know how they run. The premise of smart contracts has been established but the controversial nature of them is to be considered, regardless of what they are doing.

buy holo is what youre saying?

>MFW you don't understand smart contracts are simply the first step in decentralization of everything... and I do mean EVERYTHING

Attached: 1522406829769.gif (332x215, 1.99M)

So a subtle HOT shill then

Thank you. But can you say what's the difference between using Zilliqa without the smart contract function to completely different currency who has the same abilities as Zilliqa?

The difference would be a more reliable system that has the potential to be used as people's wallets as opposed to a contentious internet network exchange of information via smart contracts. Using it as the latter is very dangerous for the reasons explained above, unless of course artificial intelligence can be downloaded on the client side to regulate and ensure smart contracts are safe 100% of the time. Smart contracts are only utilities. We can still use cryptocurrency for exchanging currency.

The difference would be a more reliable system that has the potential to be used as people's wallets as opposed to a contentious internet network exchange of information via smart contracts. Using it as the latter is very dangerous for the reasons explained above, unless of course artificial intelligence can be downloaded to regulate and ensure smart contracts are safe 100% of the time. Smart contracts are only utilities. We can still use cryptocurrency for exchanging currency.

I don't have the technical knowledge to verify what you said but even if assuming you're right i still sense that there's other side for this argument and that smart contract could further evolve in the future. Slightly more Jow Forums related questions, if one do believe that the difficulties we've rightnow regarding smart contract are solvable, do Zilliqa/Radix/Dfinity are good bets based on the current competition in your opinion? And which existing currency is close to your ideal?

This thread is CSW tier garbled nonsense. If Zilliqa is even humouring this then I don’t even

I'm not quite sure what makes you think this is "garbled nonsense".

>if Craig Wright can pretend to understand things and get away with it then so can I

Get fucked you idiot

What makes you think I'm pretending to understand things? Probably nothing. And you're calling me an idiot?

Audits

These fools will never understand. The way I understood it: Bitcoin’s program is very limited in what it can do, making it more resilient than all these very complicated smart contract platforms where any pajeet can create a backdoor.

Seeing you explain it technically was enlightening. Keep up the good work