Your Credit Score is One of The Most Important Things in Your Life

and they dont teach this in school.

take a seat and read this

many of you are young and im here to guide you on how to build credit or improve your credit score.

bad credit?
-no house (pay rent for the rest of your life, like a dumbass)
-high interest on car loans (you will literally pay 3 times the price of your car over a 60 month loan with bad credit)
-no business loans

credit is ESSENTIAL to thrive in life and accumulate wealth. if you have shitty credit (under 600) you will NEVER be wealthy.

first things first. get a credit report. you get one FREE credit report a year. make sure you elect to get one from all 3 bureaus (Equifax, Trans Union, Experian).

if you have anything in collections and can afford to pay it off, PAY IT OFF immediately

cont...

Attached: 1553090699274.jpg (598x714, 46K)

if you qualify for any unsecured credit cards, apply for them and keep your credit usage to under 30% (having less than 5 "open accounts" makes you look risky to lenders)

late payments? simply call the institution you owe money to and plead your case. politely ask them to remove it off your credit report. tell them youre trying to buy a home.

and lastly, DISPUTE EVERYTHING ON YOUR REPORT. youll need to create an account with a credit agency to do this. use google to do your research. when you dispute a negative item on your report, all you are doing is inquiring about exactly what you owe. if you have something in collections that is very old but still on your report there is a good chance they will not even respond to your credit agencie's inquiry and if after 30 days the agency doesn't hear back from them, the collection is wiped off your credit report.

this advice is exactly what youre going to hear when you hire a credit repair lawyer. they do everything I have just told you but charge you at minimum $800.

if you have bad credit and take this advice, you can improve your FICO score 100 points in 2 weeks. just think, in 2 weeks you could be eligible for a home or business loan and take actual steps towards acquiring wealth

godspeed anons

Attached: 1466139451328.jpg (640x586, 63K)

>go in debt to get a good score so you can go in more debt.
kek.

>open a 0 fee Amex and pay off every month
>better loans if I ever need it

Credit cards are profitable and most abused for rewards by richer individuals. If you can't control yourself, they'll fuck you - but it's lost value not to use them.

Gee I wonder who is behind this post

or just pay for everything in cash

based non crypto poster. Zoomers will learn soon enough

American system is so fucked up...

thanks for this user

yup.

you're literally getting goods and services for 3% off just for using your card

Attached: 1551827322946.jpg (460x344, 67K)

>you get one FREE credit report a year. make sure you elect to get one from all 3 bureaus (Equifax, Trans Union, Experian).
Very badly worded. You're supposed to stagger them--one every four months from each agency.

try this: consume less

what does that have to do with getting a discount, brainlet?

wrong, different companies report to different credit bureaus, everytime you look at your report its going to be all over the place

nice try though

I have 1 credit card with a 3k limit, put everything on it and pay it off right away, never had any other debt in my life, my credit score is 825

>get a credit card with no annual fee
>never use more than 10% of your available credit
>pay off the balance in full every month
>request credit limit increases occasionally
>get one or two more cards w/no annual fees to increase your total available credit

after a few years, you will have a credit score high enough to qualify you for the best interest rates. it is completely free and easy to get a high credit score.

It's only important in the land of the free. No one gives a shit about credit scores in Europe, maybe if you wanna buy a house but they care more about your income in that scenario.

>if you want to buy a house
try: if you want to be loaned a large sum of money. which is exactly how it is here. youre not special, sorry

Which ones do no fees? My BOA used to not have it but now they do. Discover? Will my credit go down if I close my BOA accounts.

if it's your only account and your credit history is with that account, you're shit out of luck and should pay it to keep the history. ask boa if they can do a product change to a no-fee account. if the fee is not something you can afford to keep your history, open cards first then close it, but your score will take a hit. plenty of no fee cards, recommend the following:
open chase freedom unlimited, chase freedom, citi double, uber visa

If credit cards are a jew scam it's not their best, i've made 1k off welcome bonuses, haven't paid a cent of interest/fees. Oh and 2% off life is cool, more sheckles in my pocket.

Except all the studies show you spend 15% more using credit than cash or debit, but enjoy your 3%

Oh we’re boomerposting unironically now?

that's obviously the average of all credit card users
this is Jow Forums, gay retard. Lick my sweaty balls so I can save 3 cents on a baby wipe

How am I doing?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.50.48 PM.png (1490x578, 82K)

Mined

What if I have enough money saved to buy a car and house in full? Checkmate OP.

Why do so many people think they are beating the system because they get back a few hundred bucks from rewards points after spending thousands more than they would have compared with cash? You really think you are outsmarting the banking system?

Just take (((credit))) and pay (((interest))) Thats what you dont learn in school

this, pay cash for well kept used cars, and broker private agreements with homeowners in the market

credit is only needed when opening a brokerage account (a real one)

So the board obsessed with get rich quick crypto schemes and margin trading is conservative with spending now? How bout you suck my balls instead

You are marginally beating the system if you pay no interest on your credit card usage

The banks are making their money on the poors that just pay the minimum every month. And the service fees from vendors you’re buying from

i got 500 dollars back after spending 4000 within 3 months, 2000 of which i would use regularly regardless of having the card or not, 2000 of which was used to open a bank account with a 200 dollar bonus after 6 months that i will close once i've received the bonus. how many more thousands have i spent?

Attached: 1507007204445.gif (256x256, 458K)

They are also making it off you too even if you carry a zero balance because you spend more using a credit card than cash by an average of 15%. Rewards points are literally designed to tempt supposedly smart people to beat the system because its all upside for them whether you pay it off or not

itt credit fags trying to convince me i should use highly incentivized debt to purchase things that are beyond what i can afford in cash. because why again? is this poorfag cope so they can drive around cars they cant pay for without leasing? hehe at least your interest rate is 2%... what an epic deal

No one cares

i don't even know what interest rates are on my cards and i never pay attention to what they are. interest rate could be 200% and i wouldn't give a fuck because i've never paid a cent in interest and never will.

Attached: 1412135755834.jpg (810x780, 70K)

Dude, you are missing the point. Do you swipe your credit card at the grocery store or when you go out for fun? You are extremely likely to spend more than if you just spent cash, even if you pay your balance in full

You are very autistic about the spending more money part

If you use your CC as you would your Debit card, you’re winning. Also you win significantly if your job includes traveling and you get reimbursed for all the expenses you put on your personal card

i could show you 2 years of expenses pre and post credit cards that show no increase in spending month to month but i'm not here to convince paranoid boomers. you do you while i make money off of people who can't use credit cards.

>open wallet
>16 different credit cards fly out
>i get on my hands and knees and look for my platinum express
>wave it at the waitress and yell "IM READY!!!!"
>she starts rushing over to my table and spills a tables drinks
>i tell her i only have to pay .9% interest on my brand new $33,000 ford truck
>pay for dinner (comped by bank of america) and give her a 1% tip on the card (so i make sure its taxed)
>go outside and back truck up to the front door using advanced autopilot reverse camera tech, blocking it
>i call my broker (albert goldstein)
>tell him i want to short brinker international
>i proceed to rev the engine, filling the chili's with toxic fumes
>the company files for bankruptcy]
>i broker a deal with union of local chili's property owners to buy the land for pennies on the dollar using my gold amex wire funds feature (5% fee)
>convert them all into ford truck built ford tough dealerships paid for exclusively by rewards points
>get on a comped flight to china to meet with billionaire angel investors who check my credit and give me a $65m loan with 3.5% interest (amazing)
>retire
>post on basket weaving forum about how awesome mylife is

My favorite scam is the airline miles crap. Spend lots of money to accumulate free miles so you can go on a vacation and put more money on the card.

Lol, I knew credit was important back when I was 20.

Attached: credit.png (676x257, 21K)

Ok post your proof then hurr durr. The only thing you should ever use a credit card for is auto pay of bills, you should never use it for daily shopping and entertainment because over time you will spend more on those items with credit, period. My auto pay of bills on my credit card nets me like 150 bucks a year which is whatever, its 100% about the convenience of not needing to set up an auto draft from debit and linking actual bank accounts online. Cash is king for non bill purchases

yikes, you got me. i'm actually in so much debt right now i have to declare bankruptcy tomorrow.

Attached: 1549571077920.png (512x512, 6K)

look dude, if you lack the self-control to avoid frivolous spending thats on you. but the ARE people out there who know how to budget

I have no credit score at all, yet I own a house and a car and have 200k in the bank. I made all my money trading crypto from early 2016 until now. My point is that when you have cash most people can be persuaded one way or another. Credit might be cheaper in some cases, but for the most part cash is king. Nobody cares when I tell them I have never ever had a credit card or a loan. I've honestly never had any need to keep track of one.

Paying with a set and budgeted amount of physical cash every month is the only way to keep a family's finances in order. Would you honestly let your wife swipe that stupid card every time she buys groceries? You need to feel the pain of handing over those dollars and not getting them back until the budget resets next month.

I unironically have 1 credit card and I spend like $0.10 on it as a joke every 6 months, so they never fucking shut it down but I never use it either and I've been doing this for a good 6 years now. It started as a secured card but has been unsecured for like 5.5 years. Signing up for more credit cards just sounds like more of a hassle to fucking deal with.

My credit score is 751. Should I actually sign up for more or nah?

Here’s the red pill:

Oldfags that already own a home and have 10+ credit cards to churn for intro bonuses don’t give a fuck about credit score. Buy bitcoin.

>Never cared about credit
>Often paid bills late
>Have outstanding tickets, fines, debts, student loans, and cc debt
>Still have better credit than this fag

Attached: 1552515597644.jpg (500x667, 83K)

>all my money
>200k
>bought a house
>bought a car
yikes. welp good luck!

I'm 22. I felt that a house would be good for my wife and kid (he's due this July) and a car would be worth it for my family. Besides marriage, the wife and kid, what are you suggesting I did wrong?

you made all your money by quite literally luck. you spent a third, possibly half of it on a car and house. i figured you were young and seeing as you said you made all your money spending crypto I can deduce you don't have a job that brings in alot of income. just yikes is all. good luck. id put 100k of that in mutual fund asap if i were you

>You really think you are outsmarting the banking system?
Yes. I have 3 credit cards optimized for max discounts in different spending categories, and I use it like a debit card. I have never paid a cent of interest in my life. It's literally free money, better protection if I'm a victim of fraud (never happened, but try getting your money back if your debit it stolen) and I have great credit.

The only people who don't use credit cards are brainlets or paranoid.

I spent hundreds, possibly thousands, of hours researching and learning how to trade, using bots, arbitrage, etc. It wasn't luck.
Also I make about 75k salary now but that's besides the point. And I'm looking into more secure investments thanks.

I value my time and don't want to deal with juggling anything like that. I want to buy something I hand someone a card. I run out of money no more buying things. I'm and still waiting for an answer of whether to get more.

>I value my time
if it takes you more than a fraction of a second to figure out whether what you're paying for is dining, grocery, travel, etc. you've got bigger problems to worry about regarding your cognitive health than getting or using credit cards. that is to say, yes, if you're not retarded. get more cards.

I mean it's more like I have to manage these cards. Like I have to carry around 3 cards, have to make sure they're all paid online with no problems, have to sign up for them all, have to be responsible at least a little for not losing them. I get what you're saying I just don't know if it's worth it. I just can' imagine a situation where I would ever need more than one credit card and money and saving an extra 4% or whatever the change is per month is pretty useless.

STFU jealous retard, this guy secured a non-deprecating asset and a car at 22 with a kid on the way. as far as im concerned he can start wage cucking it and still be better off than 99% of everyone else in his age / income bracket

>get more cards.
just shut the fuck up already kike, not joking

>22
>Car from own money
Good
>Kid on the way
Stupid cuck

You're an autist with no practical experience who relates to the outsode world through theory alone. Get a hold of yourself.

>No house
Housing is cheap in the south, you just have to look hard
>Car loans
I own my car
>Business loans
No thanks

in shitburgerland maybe

>credit is ESSENTIAL to thrive in life
lol no
also renting can be much cheaper and low risk it depends on rent/price ratio entirely
car loans suck ass anyways
you get business loan on your income

Are there really retards worrying about some jew number that accumulates through needless spending or just gives you a couple cents back after a lot of time. Kys

>high interest on car loans
why would you take out a loan to get a car

Attached: DmS6Z66XcAwYenF.jpg (687x630, 127K)

>tfw no credit

Again
>I have zero self control over spending
That's your own problem

>rentcuck
hahahaha you voluntarily throw away tens of thousands of dollars, what a joke

>eurofags posting in an obviously American thread
they are so desperate for our attention that they'll post worthless garbage ITT just in hopes an American replies lmao

Doesn’t everyone here have 700+? Thought that was a given

When I said buying a house, I meant getting a mortgage loan for a house. You are technically buying a house. That's the only scenario when credit scores matter but they are less important than age and income

I like to come to American threads to make myself feel better for living in Europe instead of that retarded country full of debt slaves lmao. Credit scores in the USA is some dystopia bullshit on the same level as social scores in China. Europe truly is the better place on earth despite its flaws like sandniggers and some cuck politicians but you guys have the fair share of shitskins and cucks as well.

aint this not enough history and shit?

Euro living in the USA here. It's not dystopian at all, Americans are just retards that live beyond their means and choose to be debt slaves. Blows my mind lmao. Imagine 'owning' two cars and a house but having a net worth of -400k, its just...just...

It has nothing to do with the system and everything with their dumb ass mentalities.

cars aside, what is your alternative to American's living arrangements

what do you suppose they do instead of having a mortgage

So lets say i got a shit credit score. (Below 500)
If i were to dispute all of the bad loans
And pushed up my credit score to 600-700
Get a fuckload of credit cards
Get a fuckload of business loans (All in same day)
Take Cash out for the loans
Pay back the interest rate or minimum rate for each loan (Or more if i have extra cash)
Once paid back , I can do it again right?

rent/price ratio this is not a philosophical debate you nigger, whichever is worth it more also weighing in risks and convenience. cost of ownership is a very real thing aside from mortgage.

get a load of this goy

sober up and then try typing that out again

lmao do you really believe this shit
credit score is only important for renting and making debts

instead you can just live with your parents until you can afford a house and then buy it

Decontaminate yourself from believing you need banks to thrive.

Literally impossible for you to make it in life with this mentality, OP.

On the other side if you are already wealthy and won't need a loan in the future credit is useless. And if you want to tell me that if the economy crashes my wealth may be worthless and I may need good credit for a loan in a recession, i'll just tell you that no one gives loans in a recession/depression even those with good credit don't get loans anyway.

Credit scores is almost obligatory to be relevant in the USA though. If you don't have any credit score, you are seen just as bad as someone with bad credit score. You won't be able to pay bills, rent or even get certain jobs just because no one trusts you with non-existent credit score. It's like your only worth is based on a bunch of numbers.

whether or not you pass public school or college or get a job is based on some numbers. loans are based on numbers. the stock market is based on numbers. Everything that matters is based on numbers.

Great post friend

who protects your money if banks don't exist and everyone has guns. Nobody except you. If people think you are not poor which they will judge based on the gadgets your home/car/person has they will make assumptions about your wealth and attack when you least expect to take it from you. thanks to banks existing robberies no longer take place and people won't get attacked if they are perceived to be rich and your money is safe.

Lmao this is a fucking burger thing. In my european shithole country Finland we are assessed by the money you OWN and how fast you can pay your debts. If you have always had money or paid your debts very quickly and had to take next to no debt the banks will evaluate you as a very good customer and give better mortgage rates for you.

>You just have to look hard
This isn’t 1970, boomer. There is something called Zillow. You either pay up for a nice neighborhood, spend your free time commuting, or live in a bad neighborhood.

You are not as limited if you don't have a college degree as not having a credit score. In fact, experience ends up being more important than degrees but there seems to be nothing more important than credit scores in the USA. OP already stated that you are screwed without a good credit score and this is something I researched myself. It's like Americans are so bad with money that they need to have a trust system to lend money.

>americredits

Jobs have a degree as a requirement. No degree? Their machine will throw out your resume before you even attend an interview.

They get 50 cents every transaction with your card

You get bonus points for holding israeli citizenship i hear

Blue collar jobs don't require degrees at all and while yes, you have to waste 4 years in college to have white collar jobs, what matters in the end is experience and contacts. Going to college is more important to network rather than to get that piece of paper because employers know that deep down, what you learn in college is not enough for the real world.

well you need 13 years for a blue collar job and 4-8 more years for a whitecollar job depending on the job.

>living with your parents until youre 30 just so you can buy a house

lmao ok nerd

What does one do when one wants to buy something they can't afford, hmmm what a conundrum you really got me there.

You SAVE you dumb motherfucker!