This board has finance in the name, so I want to believe you guys know something about credit...

This board has finance in the name, so I want to believe you guys know something about credit. Which cash back card is the "best" in terms of no unexpected fees, good customer service, not going to scam or fuck you for no reason, etc.

I have nice credit thanks to a starter card and auto loan, so I wanted a cash back card. Options are:
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Capital One Quicksilver One
American Express Blue Cash Everyday

If you see a pattern, I am looking for no annual fee. Sign-on bonus is okay, but I won't likely spend >3k in 3 months, so higher "level" cards aren't really a big bonus for me. I know these cards offer similar cash back too. Capital One also has no foreign transaction fees, AMEX isn't taken everywhere but offers their 3/2/1 rewards, and Chase is just a plain ol' 1.5% no matter what card.

Also, credit building/credit card general.

Attached: Amex platinum.jpg (728x427, 50K)

>falling for the jew credit meme
Never gonna make it

I have no complaints with capital one or chase as of yet. I would get either of those two, Visa and Mastercard are accepted quite literally everywhere in America. Many small businesses won't accept Discover or American Express, though.
>1.5% cashback, free miles, travel rewards, exclusive deals and discounts, sign on bonuses, etc
>zero (0) interest if you pay in full every month
>literally spending other people's money for free just by using their card, in which they charge the business you buy from to charge it
>easier money management, too
>instant and immediate buyer's insurance if you're scammed to your item is broken, failed, etc. for an entire month, assuming you can't negotiate with the seller
>free fraud insurance for purchases through their cards, which you can't usually get with Debit because the money is just gone. Your money.
You shouldn't be allowed to post here unless you've moved out of your parent's house.

>ACTUALLY FALLING FOR THE JEW CREDIT MEME
lmao

Have fun staying poor forever.

The answer really depends on your spending habits if you only want 1 card. Is most of your spending on gas+groceries (the Amex 2/3% categories)? Or is a flat 1.5% going to give you a better rebate percentage?

Capital One I’ve always avoided. They’re mostly a subprime lender, even though they offer some prime cards nowadays. There’s more to it than that-most of it can be found with a google search

If you want to eventually get several cards- you should even if you don’t think you need them now- here’s what you do:

Get the Amex first. They are 100% the best for customer service and the best about growing limits (again even if you don’t need a high limit-having higher limits lowers utilization ratio which raises your credit score). I don’t know what your income looks like but if you’ve only had the starter card they’ll approve you with a 2k limit probably.

Ask them to triple it by filling out a quick online form 3 months after you get the card. It’s a soft inquiry that doesn’t impact your credit score. They’ll probably give you it. Now you have a 6k limit card on your credit report.

Wait one billing cycle for your credit report to update. Then Apply for the chase card- chase sees the higher Amex limit when they check your credit report and probably gives you at least 5k. 5k is important for visa- it’s the minimum for visa signature which gives enhanced benefits and protections.

Chase is also a pain in the ass to get limit increases from, so you don’t really want to get a chase card first. I’ve had a freedom for 5 years and the limit has never changed. My Amex went from 2k to 30k in 3 years-stopped asking after that

t. Credit was a hobby of mine until I had more available than I could ever possibly use and a unnecessarily high cs (760 qualifies you for the same rates as an 850 from basically any lender, trying to make your credit score perfect is a waste of time)

What's the lowest APR of all your cards?

APR only matters when you actually pay interest. Given that he pays off every month, it's moot.

Fuck you I wanna know how low he got, your fucking mom's moot

Damn someone's salty

That’s a good question- I don’t carry balances really ever so I’ve never paid close attention.

Most of the cards I have are travel/cash back/points cards- which by default have higher interest rates even you get the lowest. On average the best rates are usually like 15% for these types of cards. I have a discover card that’s roughly in the 11-13% range. That’s probably my lowest.

Balance transfer cards usually offer much lower interest rates. Chase slate and citi diamond preferred come to mind- but even still I doubt they offer anything lower than ~8%

Actually never mind about slate- it’s zero percent on balance transfers fro 18 months but they kill you afterwards. Citi probably exact same

Pic related is probably the lowest you can get anywhere. Penfed cards are pretty hard to get. I applied for one a few years ago and they sent me a letter asking for bank statements and shit to prove income. Only time I’ve never been instantly approved for something. I didn’t want to deal with their bullshit, so they wouldn’t approve my application

Sometime random credit unions have low apes too, but no rewards

Attached: DE8C95A2-B2C3-4CCA-9AD3-BEEB399D218A.jpg (1489x1306, 751K)

Thanks dude I appreciate the info

I have the chase southwest card but I am thinking of getting rid of all cards because credit really is a Jewish scam. You spend 30% more money when you pay with credit instead of cash because psychologically it is easier to swipe. Take the red pill user and cut your cards.

>(I) spend more money because I have zero self control
>Because of my shortcomings, you shouldn't go out and enjoy rewards and bonuses from these cards
Massive dipshit-pilled. If you truly have so little self control, go out and buy a safe. Put your card in it. Set up autopay for bills you already pay monthly regardless, and don't touch it otherwise. Set of an autopay to automatically withdraw from your primary bill paying bank account.

Badda Bing- Badda Boom. You now have rewards, pay zero interest, and don't have to worry about having zero self control.

I would get the regular chase freedom over the unlimited. 5% on different things each quarter.

Credit card rewards from 2015 that allowed me to save and buy additional Bitcoin is now worth more than my entire wages saved from that year alone.

If you think you ever might need a mortgage/car loan/etc. ever again. Closing all your cards will cost thousands in interest minimum.

Just lock them in a safe and forget about them or something instead. I know that sounds retarded, but that’s the way credit scores work

Why not buy a house with cash

That works. Didn’t say not to get rid of everything- only that you shouldn’t if there’s any chance at all of taking a loan again at some point.

>Better than I deserve user.
Dave Ramsey tier retard with zero self control.

That's not an option for 99% of the population. You buy a house with cash, great, you have a savings.
>Where did the savings come from?
>Are you telling me you were paying $1,250/m in rent when you could have been paying LESS towards a mortgage the entire time!?
That's more savings if you just bought a house instead of renting while trying to save for one. If you knew jack shit about property management, you'd buy a small property, live out of that, pay the mortgage every month, and save money. In my area, I pay $950 a month for a house that's twice as big as a 1 bedroom apartment, except that apartment's rent is $1,400 a month. With my added savings, I'm slowly saving towards a dream home. At the same time, when I'm ready to sell, I get at least some percentage of my investment back. You get zero percent of your investment back from renting.
So now I'm selling my home. Even if it lost value over 5 years, unless it dropped like a meteor dropped on the fucking dinosaurs, I'm still looking at a small return. I take that return plus my savings and buy my new home. Say my new home is in a lower cost of living state such as Wyoming. As such, my employment offers slightly less out there than it does in a higher cost of living area, say Nevada. So I move from Reno to Cheyenne. My savings is still substantial, I now have $50,000 to put towards a down payment after 5 years of saving + my return investment on my other home. This is assuming it isn't accounting for the cost for me to move.

So let's say my dream home is $350,000. Well, after my down payment, it's $300,000. With 2% interest we're looking at 306k. On a 30 year mortgage that comes to $850 monthly. In Reno Nevada, that won't net you a studio apartment without roommates.

Now you will have utilities, homeowners insurance, etc. to account for, but honestly, why the fuck would you not want to own the property you live in? Buy land, they don't really make it anymore.