/smg/ - Stock Market General

We send the Bulls to the SPY and the females to Deans edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previously thread:

Attached: 6961578smg.jpg (1080x1440, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/t/theta.asp
hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Theta
youtube.com/watch?v=AlBU97NAdWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

buy TSLA :3

Fuck anime posters

Attached: 1524148459817.jpg (1000x1000, 727K)

>Not all debt is bad
t. Your tripfriends

Posting in new thread as was posted in end of old one

New to trading and want to make sure I get this right

MFA delcared 0.2 on divs due to be paid on 4/30, with ex div date of 03/28.

If I buy shares before 03/28 and sell after the record date of 03/29, I'll still be eligible to recieve divs on the stocks I held for a few days right?

its not you fucking newb

fuck off freeloader

has r/wsb ever given you a good pick or only /smg/

are there any other good investment communities you use?

Is this good or bad

Attached: signal-2019-03-21-201805.jpg (1440x2960, 645K)

y u mad bro

yes but buying shares to receive dividends then selling is fucking retarded, prices will be ramped up towards ex div just to deter this

>those mspaint lines
What is even happening here?

You say that but looking at MFA shares its gone up after the div payent date the last two times

Here me trade for 2day if anyone cares :<
even though still cant breath am gonna start trading again

Attached: SPY-3-21.png (1703x790, 166K)

WHENS THE NEXT FUCKING CRASH GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THIS ISNT NATURAL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1547159023955.jpg (251x242, 8K)

I WANT FUCKING CHEAPIES

unfortunately it very naturally
so am the MASSIVE ungodly sell
coming soon (TM)

Attached: 6884688.png (400x400, 90K)

>he didn’t buy into REPH before takeoff
It’s like you hate money

Attached: 033D1A90-ABC8-4B67-9B9D-02B16907CD9D.jpg (1200x1200, 58K)

Good job making money shorting on a 1% up day you salty loser lol

The Mueller report will fill your cheapie wishes

thank you :3
today was very easy day
but you right could have basically longed @ any point and made money too >_

Attached: 1553210765619.gif (800x786, 844K)

never really been to WSB but have aggregated pretty good list of pick makers on Twitter (not sharing list)

the indicies hastags on twitter are like less botnet / spammy verson of Stocktwits

(#ES_F #SPY #SPX #EURUSD #DOW, ect)

Attached: 1552757059449.jpg (720x706, 160K)

Why didn't you long?

bad if confirmed

It's probably just bs FUD. There was very clear lack of pilot training.

Good job

>the indicies hastags on twitter are like less botnet / spammy verson of Stocktwits

the exact opposite for biotechs like GALT
literally every post is a bot for a lot of them

Posted in the last thread but should i sell Disney? This shit hasn't gotten over $120 in what feels like forever, and I could've bought Apple instead. AHHHHHHHHH

just hold it for another month and see you fucking faggot

Jow Forums is an anime website

Attached: b87.png (500x472, 269K)

go back to stocktwits user

thankies

am not bad booty enough yet for long / short in one day :<
had already missed psychological long opportunity so just shorted because more comfortable

as expected of biotechs really
stocktwits is prob all bots too

SNES was shill biotech stock on indices posters month ago and it really well

Attached: 2058096.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

the crazy thing is that the golden bull hasnt even gotten started yet

Attached: xrez.png (616x591, 637K)

anyone here trade futures? I've been mentored from a hedge fund manager who makes $500k+ a year. Currently making 1k a day

have never posted on stocktwits once, that site has more mentally ill posters than Jow Forums

just about everyone in this general is mentally ill, including me and you

>Jow Forums is an anime website
Thanks for reminding me one of the only websites I enjoy was created for something I have absolutely no interest in but I still stick around

Attached: 1551558607335.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

>If the SPY gains 10 points I make 10000
>If the SPY losses 10 points I make 10000
>If the SPY stays flat I lose 500

Finally got into options gambling.

trade futures here too at smallish prop firm, want to eventually make 1k daily steadily, see guys here who make 100k month it blows mind O_O

if you making 1k daily you not even really need mentor

Attached: 7716427.jpg (600x800, 82K)

whats the expiration?

My puts expire sooner than my calls. Calls are around beginning of april, puts are next week. I'm not planning to execute them either, just sell at the highest I can get for them.

you got into options gambling at bad time
we in ranging period
premiums have been rekt for past 2 months

I'm thinking this fed stuff and china stuff are coming to a boil and will either tank the market or send it skyhigh until its wings melt and it falls to the ground.

you think SPY is going to move 10 points within the next couple of weeks?

Attached: 1536896329513.gif (294x300, 1.83M)

well, fed stuff just happened, and while it did have impressive impact on market, its not gonna take SPX much above 2870

china.... me totally ignore china, dont think it matters what they do one way or another
good luck though me might just be salty because first every puts bought expired worthless :(

Attached: 9062524.jpg (800x566, 387K)

>expired worthless
That's what they'll put on your tombstone, you role playing shitposter.

Attached: 1552084588455.png (610x284, 8K)

;_;
that exactly how felt when puts expired worthless.....

Attached: sadgirlwhy.png (399x427, 165K)

MAXIMUM KEK

-700$ on a tqqq call I sold
Fucking hell.

Attached: nice.jpg (400x400, 16K)

you don't buy short dated options unless you think a binary move is happening buddy

we could move sideways until the next rate hike, which isn't in a year

;_; main problem with them was couldnt sell when were in profit
also was doing them for bianary option, had both puts and calls, but calls were just stupid too ;_;

>TQQQ call

SQQQs are cheap too could probably have less risk and same upside buying them >_>

How do you know if you’re a bullcuck or a bearfag?

depends on the stock...

would you rather make money because a good company you own went up or because a bad company you shorted went down

what if a good company went down and a bad company went up

Attached: 1550216472600.png (1023x820, 73K)

What's your setup you look for? I've been full timing futures since beginning of this year.

then you buy/short because the price doesn't accurately reflect the company's fundamental situation

If you're poor and stupid, you're a bearfag. Everyone else is a bulltard.

AMD to 40?

>" I'm not planning to execute them either, just sell at the highest I can get for them."
>tripfag lacks reading comprehension
not surprising

>we could move sideways
Not in my america

Bearfags are poor and logical. Bulltards are rich and delusional.
Until they're not

Then all the bearfags get analyst jobs and labelled "financial wizard that predicted ____"

Wouldn't go that far but it should finally find some stability at 25 now.

If you are not all in ACB i feel bad for you son.

Attached: Marijuana.jpg (800x400, 134K)

Bears are just as biased and deluded as bulls, even if you pretend you're better

We probably won't see anything like that until we get some real news on the trade deal.

what is theta?

Attached: 1548565893193.jpg (320x320, 12K)

The sad part is that he actually doesn't know what theta is (neither do I, but I don't trade options because I know there are a lot of important things I don't understand about them)

I'm neither because I'm not a mentally retarded larper. But you gotta admit the American economy is contingent in our ability to be blissfully ignorant.of fundamental economic data.

Unfortunately bears only have jobs once every 10 years.

investopedia.com/terms/t/theta.asp here you go. Happy to help.

When you predict literally fucking everything is going to go down literally all the fucking time, of course you're going to get it right at least once.

However, the stock market goes UP on average, so you'd get better results by predicting that fucking everything is going up instead of down

hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Theta
Happy to help

maybe you should read it yourself

Attached: 1536899771314.jpg (615x615, 72K)

What data are people blissfully ignorant of?
If there was any data in the economy that could reliably predict much of anything, then I would've been able to write a decent ML algo pretty damn quickly back when I was trying it about 6-10 months ago

Obviously predicting something happening that's a 1 in a hundred chance and being right is more impressive than being right when it's a 99 in a hundred chance.

Kekekek, big5guy, this fucker has to be trolling.

PLEASE BE GREEN TOMMOROW PLEASE

>dark continent arc
Fuck I really gotta get into the manga.
Togashi a best.

I'm not impressed by a trick shot after somebody fucks it up 1000 times in a row.
I'm more impressed by a person that actually does it right.
If you only go for 3-pointers and only make 1 or 2 of them, I'm still more impressed by the guy that scored 20+ points exclusively off of 2-pointers.

Mortgage and loan delinquency rates, worldwide economic slowdown, yield curve, household debt, trade deficits, pensions losing money because they're not being paid into, boomers retiring, millennials plagued with student loan debts.
List goes on.

>the stock market goes UP on average
Not anymore, kid.

I can't tell anymore

Theta decay is nothing. I've already made 300% on the calls. Don't be afraid of risk kiddo.

Idk it seemed so juvenile compared to YYH I never got into it.

>I've already made 300% on the calls.
and you're still holding? I find that a little hard to believe..

>He doesn't wait until an option hits 700%
Live a little, have some fun.
I think tomorrow will be a bullish continuation of today anyways. Gonna see how open goes before I decide what to do. My calls are all in April.

Fuck HxH I’m honestly convinced the only reason it has a 9.2 on MAL is because it’s run by edgy 16 year olds. The only good moment of the anime is in one of the few good fights in the show and there weren’t many out of 143 fucking episodes and that was Netero vs Mermue but the whole show had so much potential and shit the bed so hard in plot drops, retarded Gary Stu characters and some of the most retarded story arcs I’ve seen since shippuden.
Not worth the 143 episodes if it had been maybe 60-70 I think it would’ve been better but madhouse fucked it hard.

>Buy when people are panic selling
>Sell when people are panic buying

What do when everyone’s like “how is this rally even happening lol?” And “oh man stagflation” BUT ALSO “wow this election’s gonna be great for guns, weed, and telecoms” and “wow we’re gonna be fucked when we don’t get a trade deal”?

The world building is a lot more developed, and everything just feels to have greater depth and scale. Yeah the MCs are much younger, but there’s a lot left “og shit I just got lucky because lol moss got stuck in my ears?”

ok buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=AlBU97NAdWg

Quick reminder that scrawny goth chicks are the only thing that's important.

Attached: tyano4ki_26151991_181711595904331_2404898024644935680_n.jpg (750x750, 87K)

>The world building is a lot more developed, and everything just feels to have greater depth and scale.
Yeah Togashi kinda phoned in the end of YYH. He barely took the time to draw the panels. Some of the fights were just ink blots.

it would have been better if they made kurapika a girl

>scrawny
cool hebe code for 14. I sees that.

>chicks
>that thing
Oh ho ho no
Oh no no no no no
Hahahahaha no man, just no

Jeez you zoomers are so fucked up

Why are these threads so fucking retarded

People think Jow Forums is indie twitter/facebook and think we care about every inane thing that comes to their heads.