The greatest HEIST

Why is America retarded?
By that, I mean why the fuck is there so much emphasis to useless general education classes?

>uhh UHHH I'm homeless, but at least I'm well rounded! Dur hur

You end up graduating highschool with NO SKILLS.

Half a bachelors is EVEN MORE general ed classes. If anything bachelor's degrees should be 2 yr programs offered at a CC (so no debt basically) and no general ed classes.

You know what they do? They make 1) schools become impacted which slows down graduation rates 2) causes others that would have done a bachelors decide to do some certificate program instead because they are fed up with general eds 3) increase debt 4) promote no skills 5) causes more people to drop out. What do I mean? If you look at statistics, they show the longer someone is in school, the more likely it is they will drop out

People should be starting college by age 14 and graduating at age 16-17 with a bachelors.

FUCK this system. Is it designed this way to make the public less educated? Seems so!

How does biz see the current school system?

Attached: 1553251753235.jpg (750x903, 98K)

>How does biz see the current school system?
Pretty much the same way. I don't sperg relentlessly about it, but yeah, they could definitely get kids to pre-calc by 6th-7th grade.

You say all this as if it isn't a racket to get you into as much debt as possible..it is. There's a great book on the bigger picture by a former head of the DOE called 'The intentional dumbing down of America' where it makes it pretty clear public schools are tools for indoctrination, and little else.

I recall my English teacher telling us that outright in high school. She said she was taught when getting her doctorate in education that the system is just to make us compliant citizens and most of college is no better. The only way out is to carve your own path and make your own business.
I fell into a deep depression and am only just now getting out, but it's disheartening as someone in my early-mid twenties that you can't do ANYTHING without a bachelors it seems, and I enrolled in college to find out that my degree (Math) is only 2 years of actual math courses like OP suggests, and the rest are mandatory general education because the US accreditation system mandates 120 course-hours for a bachelors no matter what.

Well see you're just falling for myth after myth after myth, the whole concept of needing a BA is horse shit. I'm nearly half way done with my associates, with more than 5 years in a job that 'requires' a BA in my late 20's. I got the job because I already had 5 years experience, and a pretty well known reputation in my industry, at least city wide, that lead to headhunters reaching out. It's all what you can do, and who knows you can do it.

Well shit, I fell for the myth that I was a failure without my degree after getting kicked out for depression, and my family constantly belittled me for it even when I started getting work. What would you recommend I do now? I don't have five years of experience in jack shit, so I'm still completely unhirable I'd imagine, particularly in tech.

I wouldn't go that far.

I have a sister that was underemployed for 2 yrs with her stem degree. Doing highschool dropout level jobs because she could find anything.

Then.. she was able to network to a UC school and is now an administrator.

Yes, networking is important (70-80% of jobs are obtained that way), but in the same time, that job required a bachelors meaning even with networking, she never would have gotten the job.

I would still do the bachelors.. do all the classes you can at a CC, try to get an associate's (though I have one and personally, it has been useless for me.. but I still feel it's better than nothing), and try to graduate without debt.

You kind of are screwed without a bachelors. Sad thing for me, looong story short I need about 13 months to finish mine and had I never done this associates (doesnt have the ability to be turned to a bachelors), I would have had the bachelors by now meaning by the time I finish, it would be with the equivalent units it takes to get a masters.

Worst case scenario, you can always be a teacher and get paid middle class wages for a piss easy job. You can also teach english online from home with a bachelors.

Sorry, but again, the concept of any job requiring a bachelors degree is bullshit, I know this because of myself, and plenty of others being in jobs that 'require' them. If the right people know you're capable, or even the person they want for the job, they will get you the job. This idea that an HR policy is going to stop an owner or senior manager from hiring you is so laughable it's insane anyone could believe that.
Dunno, you're in a way rougher spot than I ever was. Find anything entry level and don't suck at it, show up on time and hipe for a promotion I guess.

>Sorry, but again, the concept of any job requiring a bachelors degree is bullshit
I just explained how it's not. The idea that you can just ignore how people with bachelors on average make more than with lower degrees is further proof.

Do you think you can get a business job (accounting, finance, etc.) without one? And I don't mean like bookkeeping either.

Do you honestly believe my sister would have landed that administrator job at a UC school without one?
Nope.

That's fair. I have a law job waiting on me if I graduate and then go to law school and pass the bar at any point before 2030 actually.

But I feel like such a failure not having a degree OR making money that I feel like I should an hero sometimes. I'll just try to push through school and abandon all inhibitions to network, and hopefully I can make up for lost time as a token hire somewhere.

>you can't just ignore how people with bachelors on average make more than with lower degrees is further proof.

How did you manage to guarantee a job as a lawyer?

Fuck these captchas

School isn't supposed to teach you skills. That's hat vocational schools are for. The ruling class doesn't waste time learning "skills".

Family friend saw me struggling and said they don't want to see me waste all my potential giving up. Said they were in the same bind at my age and had a lot of doubt, but they turned it around into a very successful legal career at a considerably older age than most people get through academia --- even six five years behind I'm projected to get my undergrad five years before they got theirs -- and gave me an open invitation to work at their firm and network through them if I decide to stop trying what isn't working and change career paths.

>Over 60k/year in tuition
>Only one of my classes is what I'm majoring in
>I'm forced to take "ethnic studies", a foreign language, history, and an art class
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS UTTER SCAM????

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x498, 614K)

>The ruling class doesn't waste time learning "skills".

Bachelors = ruling class? Huh?

Ya, it's stupid as fuck.
You get all these retarded brainlets say "dur hur well rounded! It gud 4 u!!!!!! Debt is gud 4 u!!!!"

I mean...I'm in a business role as an ops manager without one, my boss is in a position as a DM that requires an MBA..he has his GED. Is that to say that a bachelors degree won't open up more opportunities, no of course it will, which is why I'll be doing mine after my associates. It doesn't change the fact that the requirement you're bringing up goes right out the window the moment a senior personnel with enough pull decided they want a particular person in that role. Like I said, it's what you can do, with who knows you can do it. That's not to say a degree won't help learn those skills or introduce you to people.

And as far as finance, I was a teller at 17 with TD Bank and when I was 19 they put me in their mortgage underwriters training program(quit 2 weeks in due to relocating)...so again, yes, entirely possible.

I heard from a teacher that you have to take these classes because we have to "validate" retards who major in gender studies or water painting or some other retarded shit.

I don't know of most people that can get that lucky with networking. It's possible, but doesn't seem common by any means.

Statistically speaking, most people with just a highschool degree or even an associates get screwed. Not everyone gets super lucky and has a good network.

Well my TD bank job wasn't at all through networking, I simply showed them constantly over time that I was capable of more and underutilized. Plus they respected I even had the balls to apply at 17 for a teller position, commonly misconceived as a job being required 18 to do. It helped that I had been working at a grocery store since I was 16, promoted 4 times from bagger, to cashier, to customer service, to balancing the safe, which gave me the experience I needed to be trusted with large amounts of cash. After that just crushed it at TD for awhile, despite being dead inside from hating it so much, until they eventually asked if I would be interested in mortgage underwriting. My current job was definitely networking, but almost indirectly. Networking is easier than people make it seem, but hard to articulate. Just have a reputation of being the 'go to' person to get shit done, be likable to odd balls like us and normies alike, and keep at it. Worse than not networking is forced networking, at that point you're trying to sell yourself to people, and no one likes the feeling of being sold something.

Considering none of this is possible st my age what would you recommend doing? Suicide seems to be the only answer with results

>why the fuck is there so much emphasis to useless general education classes?
Indoctrination. The entire point is to get you to follow directions and be subservient to authority. Still think it's worth it, though. I haven't found any worthwhile alternatives.

Honestly my only advice is to stop looking for or taking advice from randos online. Beyond that, get a manual labor job or other entry level work, learn everything you can about it and expand your responsibilities yourself.

>be a failure to your family all your life
Might as well an hero and not have to listen to it while being alone an unfulfilled for decades then lmao

Right, which is no ones fault but your own. Your mentality is the problem, nothing else. I started in my current industry as a 1099 paid subcontracted bitch helping deliver freight. Now 8 years later I manage the daily operation of a 500K sq ft logistics facility, a position that 'requires' a bachelors degree. But ya, take an entry level job and be doomed to decades of failure, because you already decided that future for yourself. If you don't see yourself as capable of shit else, why would anyone else?

They didn’t even when I did. I have an unfortunate habit of being lied on in professional spheres.

Wow, that went completely over your head. You'll notice not a single person in the ruling class wastes time learning something like programming or trades since they own things like factories, stocks and real estate. You know, things that actually generate wealth. This always them to study leisure degrees, or if they're social status seeking, maybe a law degree. This is why you'll never see someone with a networking degree become president let alone a blue collar worker.

You have a victim mentality which is entirely holding you back. You are entitled to nothing in this world, and assuming you're American you're entitled to 3 things
> Life
You clearly have this
> Liberty
You clearly have this
> The pursuit of happiness
You have clearly ended this.
That is all you're entitled to. Not a loving supporting family, not a 6 figure job, not healthcare, not even a roof over your head. Get the fuck over it, and back on the pursuit of happiness, or yes, you are better off offing yourself.

You were too vague. Not my fault.

School system in the US is a fucking joke. It’s a literal pnd

The gen eds are there not to make you a dull regard in all areas of life except for one special area. Its to make you a better citizen.
>t. Adam Smith

Gah *retard, like me.

The biggest disconnect for me is the sports teams.
I cant even think of the right questions.

That's still dumb, considering a lot of college-educated people are still dull retards but now with awful opinions they think their entry-level humanities courses validate. College should be to train you for employment in the field of your major and nothing else.

That might be true but it’s also not accurate to assume there’s been no bullshit. I work in an at will state and was making good progress where I worked at 19, I wound up reporting a criminal assault to our manager that happened at work but the everyone involved in the assault and management decided to sweep it under the rug so nobody lost their jobs, even with photographic evidence. Then I get fired three months later on a claim I used racial slurs against other coworkers, with them claiming I did it in an area that is recorded, with other coworkers present that testified I never did such s thing, and I still got fired, couldn’t use that place as a reference anymore.

It really is disgusting.
Any kid with 110 IQ can learn pic related.

There really shouldn't be more than 5 kids per teacher.

I'm thinking about homeschooling my children when I have some, purely because my gradeschool experience was so horrible.

Attached: 1548888333165.png (1216x970, 119K)

If you need a book to understand that, then you probably won't understand the book either. It's just plain obvious even for kids unless they're retarded (which 99% of them are)

I'm sorry, but did I miss in my post or the constitution where you were guaranteed bullshit? Or did you miss the years and years I was a bullshit 1099 employee making about ~4.00/hr? Think those were great years for me? You aren't guaranteed anything, let alone a well paying job. Like I said, you have a victims mentality

You can thank the Department of Education. It was invented in 1979 and has turned everything to shit since then, but if you try to tell any activist they think you're anti-education instead of anti-Federal control.

>5 kids per teacher
Triple your property tax then, that's the main way teachers get salaries and you'll need 6x the teachers on average.

Wrong.
They are there to make you into a useless NEET with no skills for jobs or starting a business Lmao how do you not see this???

"I'm homeless, but at least I'm well rounded!!!!!"

Those GE classes are bullshit. EVEN WORSE in the college level as they make up half a bachelors which means a shit ton more money AND precious time down the toilet.

You are brainwashed. Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Yeah, I understand it's not possible.
So we either need an AI Aristotle for each student or I make personal sacrifice to personally teach my children.

>just learn all this tech bullshit and become an uncreative bug person
Fuck off and kill yourself.

Attached: 240.jpg (680x453, 77K)

The kikes want you stay dumb

GE classes don't make you "creative", numbnuts.

Not disagreeing. Coming from someone who just got out of college, the GE classes were pretty worthless, but they are there because of Smith, which was my original point.

That bastard Smith

thats trade schools. college was originally made for rich kids who wanted to study philosophy and theories that didnt really apply to making money. college was for scholars only. then they would get hired in the ruling class because of their degree. this ensured the rich stayed in the ruling class

Thing is many fields want a bachelors and they have no "trade school equivalent"