/cng/ - Chainlink node general

In /cng/ we discuss node, api's, hardware, cloud computing services, and anything else related to node operations

>running a node
docs.chain.link/docs/running-a-chainlink-node

>wiki
to be made

>web services
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/
aws.amazon.com/
digitalocean.com

>news
1k eoy

Attached: 99_Pm6iaOUh.jpg (601x601, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/chart2/chaindatasizefast
docs.chain.link/docs/performing-system-maintenance
docs.chain.link/docs/fulfilling-requests
:6689
:6688
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1547701720034.jpg (1200x630, 297K)

Has anyone looked into data providers, who much premium subscriptions are etc?

ive tried but personally i dont know what im looking for. thats why i started this so that we could collectively figure things out and help each other. We are in this together.

Attached: succes.png (215x235, 92K)

Stop referring them to as "premium", you poor piece of shit.

what would you call them then? subscription?

I don't care what label you want to give them, whatever you want to call the access tier to data feeds/services that don't throttle requests have no down time and whatever else is needed to guarantee 100% uptime of node

Fancy huWhite Data Feeds.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

Wtf are you talking about and why I'm not a multimillionaire neet already?

Attached: 1479607553048.jpg (920x960, 85K)

the dream was always neet node riches
we are closer then ever to mainnet but we are still so far behind when it comes to running an actual node.
im hoping to change that with these generals

I was memeing fren, I like your quality thread as long as you aren't a discord/twitter/clcg/linkpool fag. Keep up the good work.

What do anons think it will cost to run a node? How much for a NaaS with LP? Honeycomb subscription price? Fiews prices? Nodary prices? How much do you think it'll initially cost to get node off ground? There's not been much discourse on the subject of pricing and outlay. How soon do you hope to become profitable?

no discord tranny/shill/pajeet here. just a 30yo boomer trying to get the ball rolling on this board

Have a bump

Unironically great, what's your stack?

Well you could always use CLC services to access some of their api.

so my rough findings of running a chainlink node is more or less dependant on running a geth node.
running a testnet chainlink node has a --fast sync for geth, im assuming that it will be the same for mainnet.
currently according to etherscan.io/chart2/chaindatasizefast the fast sync size is currently 132gb. this time last year was roughly 60gb so we can assume storage growth will be around 70gb a year.
1tb or storage should be overkill for the time being.
as far a processor and ram requirements i cant find a real solid answer so i only have my own anecdotal evidence
im currently running my node on my home server running unraid. system specs of said server is an fx8350, 16gb ram, 32tb storage.
it is running on a ubuntu server vm that i have dedicated 2 cores and 2 threads to and 4gb of ram. utilization is pic related.
im sure we can use these numbers to kinda gauge what requirements we need from a web service such as aws and figure out pricing for hosting.

Attached: unraid screenshot.png (621x372, 25K)

Who is going to use LP's NaaS?

I'm thinking of using their infrastructure (based jonny) unless fiews.io is cheaper. we'll see.

As for API sources, either CLC's marketplace or I'll have to think about where to get premium api sources and a specific niche too. reeee

What scare me the most are penalties, I have an IT background but nothing specific, let's say I like messing up with PCs and whatnot. I gpu-mined some shitcoins and that was pretty straightforward to me, but this is an entire different topic. Can you redpill me on this? What are the chances that I'll end fucking up and get my precious linkies JUSTed?

i know just going by the concept of the link token itself your fear is a real possibility. From what I understand is your link is a collateral. this is one of the things that will help ensure reliable data is being provided because your stinkies are on the line. this is why we need to research now and get a full grasp on the network we have been memeing for the past 18 months. i personally dont want to see any of my fellow marines get justed. we are in this together.

I’m in the wait and see camp I’ll probably wait 3-6 months after mainnet to see what the potential pitfalls were and then try to run my own node.

I'm thinking LP NaaS and CLC. Price guesstimates would be nice though. I'm sure we will know soon enough. I've also not seen anywhere if NaaS will be up on MN launch. I know LP are feathering in their full stake nodes and wouldn't want to be left behind without a plan B if they do the same with the NaaS.

Checked. I didn't research in this yet, but I lurked here and there and read that uptime is crucial, so a backup-connection is vital. And that's all I know about getting fucked by running a node, what about you?

Seven.

YOU ARE A MANIAC!

thats what ive read too. thomas said the other day on chat that having a backup node for redundancy in case one goes down is recommended. you just have to sync the second node to the same oracle contract and database.
you can find more information about this topic here docs.chain.link/docs/performing-system-maintenance
though im mostly still trying to wrap my head around all this desu. i have an intermediate knowledge of linux so that is helping but i am in no means an expert.
im planning on running my node at home on my home server at first. im thinking of getting a cheap lte internet service as a rollover network in the event of my isp goes down. in the future i do plan on either having an offsite node as well or resorting to aws or whatever cloud providor gives the best rates.

bump

This is good to see. Make it an eternal thread, 30 year old boomer. I'll drop in time to time if people have negotiation questions.

Attached: fifteen.jpg (789x1200, 177K)

thanks just bought 100k clc

Oh boy, another Timo thread.

where do i start user? im completely out of my element when it comes to this. not wanting to be spoonfed but at least a direction would be nice.

First you need to buy some clcg tokens. Legally they entitle you to absolutely nothing, but a big group of Jow Forums neets has promised to change them into real equity at some point in the vague future.

Attached: nodefag.png (1920x3334, 779K)

also here is a screenshot of my node running on that unraid vm with 2 cores 2 threads and 4gb ram

Attached: link node glances.png (1920x1080, 146K)

Great to see have a bump

Attached: 1555231882604.png (201x251, 79K)

Dude so are YOU. you are in EVERY thread saying the exact same thing!
>the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again while expecting different results

Responding to pasta. Kek.

Attached: 1555236631540.png (600x902, 447K)

Implying Timo knows how to use a platform other than Twitter, plebbit, or trannycord

what will the price of link be in 5 years bros?

100-2000 if the first big bull happens in same time frame as btc or eth

Discord trannies on suicide watch

Attached: niggers.png (522x296, 32K)

I'm setting up a node and am at the "Add jobs to the node" portion of the tutorial here: docs.chain.link/docs/fulfilling-requests

Where is the new job button, how do you get to that UI? It's obviously not part of Remix.

Somebody help me open by Chainlink Node GUI. I've followed the instructions and running it on an EC2 Linux 2 w/ docker

My eth client is running as well as chainlink node with no errors

However, when enter :6689 , it just times out from my browser on my computer

buy a ubuntu vps and fuck around with it. the install was simple. you control the node through a web interface it serves on port 80 (or ssl 443).

are free adapters useless?

Https idiot.
Btw clcg is a scam.

did you get into it? im running it locally so i havent tried connecting to an aws ip.

most adapters will be free or multiples coded by different people for the same API. the point is to receive decentralized inputs.

it says:

[GIN-debug] Listening and serving HTTPS on :6689
[GIN-debug] Listening and serving HTTP on :6688

If I try :6688 , nothing happens on server and browser says "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

if I try httpS://:6689, the server says http: TLS handshake error from :43904: tls: first record does not look like a TLS handshake

and browser says net:err_cert_invalid and privacy error

I got it working, FYI if anyone having trouble configuring https, use http and start with cmd:

docker run --link eth -p 6688:6688 -v ~/.chainlink-ropsten:/chainlink -it --env-file=.env smartcontract/chainlink local n

and edit your .env to have CHAINLINK_TLS_PORT=0

https will never work unless you have certs

Yeah, been 10 year since I've done infrastructure side of IT and completely forgot

I have it working with http now and the chainlink GUI successfully authenticates but then immediately kicks me out throwing a 401 error....this seems like a fucking actual chainlink bug of course

>I have it working with http now and the chainlink GUI successfully authenticates but then immediately kicks me out throwing a 401 error....this seems like a fucking actual chainlink bug of course

this is fixed by setting CHAINLINK_DEV=true in the .env

glad to see you got it working user

Thanks, I will try to document getting https tomorrow since the step by step instructions seems to be missing something for https

ill add it to the op of the next thread when you do

I have my node setup per the documentation on chainlink...wtf am I supposed to do know

Yeah i'm curious about power outages. How can you ensure uptime if you just live in a city that experiences it? I have a friend who works at a provider in california, he said he could get co-location space for free/cheap. How hard is it to run a remote node?

Attached: 1553858216773.png (540x665, 645K)

stop watching them

>ast sync size is currently 132gb. this time last year was roughly 60gb so we can assume storage growth will be around 70gb a year.
What about previous years? I heard that eth state grows exponentially... It could be doubling every year for all I know. We should confirm this.

donate proceeds to ugandan children

The documentation isn't missing anything you fucked up
Eat a dick you parasite

you are right i think i am 100% wrong on that
after i posted that I did kinda think to myself ethereum has been around for more then just 2 years.

docs.chain.link/docs/fulfilling-requests is where i was pointed to.

I want to talk about something a little different: taxes. Its my understanding that mining BTC or whatever just counts it as income, so I assume the same could be said for completing a job. Whatever the reward is from a completed job I have to pay income tax on (on the dollar amount). However, its not just income because you're also investing it in something. So every job adds a new purchase and I need to track my cost basis of right?

so chainlink 5x in btc since last year
but keeps ranging 50-25 cents....
hmmmm

Attached: link.png (1622x832, 222K)

SHUT IT DOWN

>PAYING for crypto
The government does not aid you in crypto, they get in your way. Don't bother with any IRS crap unless they bother you, in which case send them an in voice as that's just the fee they pay to live in a crypto society.

Holy shit that complete summary I just read shattered my reality of everything I knew of this project. I’ve been in since Pre-ICO, checking Jow Forums almost every single day and own a stack of over 150k. Thank you for changing the course of my life. This was a ripple effect.

Attached: A4D4B9B3-B07E-49FD-AAF8-8AF39F10B5F8.jpg (1125x1081, 855K)

Bump for brodes

For tax purposes, assume the fiat equivalent at time of earning is the income you earn and is taxed as such. If you hold the link and sell it in less than a year, the change in fiat value is taxed as short term capital gain/loss. Over a year, long term gain/loss.

But running a node is a business so you would deduct the costs associated with operations against your earning

how much LP / LINK / CLC to make it guys

5, 50k, 0

Cloud servers
Tech has moved on granpa, you don't need to build your own physical servers anymore, you can just rent a virtual one with up to 99.99 uptime cheaply.

Anons I need help. Complete brainlet here. I've read through the node docs and I just don't have a new enough laptop to run the containers and all this shit. Also, I'm traveling a lot and am basically homeless. Is there anyway to do everything virtually without any need to downloading things locally? I want to run a node but I'm worried about uptime and I have shit equipment. What can I do?

Sergey ran a node on one of these pocket computers. Are you sure your laptop isn't "new enough" to even set one up virtually? I really doubt that.

Amazon AWS

One other question I have is regarding contracts. Do you guys know any good legal frameworks or LLC information regarding running a node between a couple individuals? Are there any lawyers/firms in this field or would it just fall under business law?

0.5lp. 10k link. 50 clc

>Also, I'm traveling a lot and am basically homeless
Linkies are HOBOS KEK

Attached: 1555306891044.png (831x799, 229K)

rent a cheap vps around $20 or so and ssh into it

1k, 350m, 100k

Based, and Timo pilled

Attached: 1554286313145.png (194x259, 7K)

HELLO GUYS

TOTAL BRAINLET WITH 10K LINK HERE AND IM ALL IN HOLDING SINCE 2 YEARS WHILE BUILDING THE STACK

WHY SHOULD I RUN A NOT AND NOT HODL

SEEING THAT i DONT KNOW HOW TO RUN A NODE, WHO CAN RUN IT FOR ME? HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF RUNNING A NODE?

IF CHAINLINK $100 eoy 2025 I HAVE A MILLION ALREADY, WHY SHOULDNT JUST TRADE N HOLD?

Attached: 1554510681943.jpg (749x742, 79K)

Checked. Link is going to be priced by the coffee standard as outlined in the white paper. Sergey is brilliant tethering the price of link to a commodity that is cherished by söyboys

It runs Windows 7 and it's from 2012.

Can you explain this more user? I'm one step above retarded...

Checked

Use Linkpool

if building a new node.. what kinda hardware is required/suggested? ima need to buy all this shit..

There is fiews dot io, they even have EaaS with Chainlink as an option.

Attached: 1_xY-kyfKN7nBfxfDixC4eHA.png (1000x1399, 769K)

bump

Fuck all of you

Attached: IMG_4873.jpg (308x163, 8K)

Fuck you too for bumping this thread you nigger black

Attached: IMG_4857.jpg (1024x645, 115K)

Interesting. I'm going to have a cushy research job this summer and then NEET until next march when I head off to do some army training with my unit

Im going to be a full time chainlink node operator I'm so excited

>Every color deserves its place
>A different land for every race

You wish you were White lmao