/cng/ Chainlink node general - these threads aren't going away edition

In /cng/ we discuss node, api's, hardware, cloud computing services, and anything else related to node operations

>running a node
docs.chain.link/docs/assumptions

>faucets
faucet.ropsten.be/
ropsten.chain.link/

>rough system requirements
2 cores (intel i5, i6, i7 from the 6th gen onwards is SGX comaptible)
4gb ram
Storage must be expandable to grow with geth node requirements

>wiki
to be made

>web services
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/
aws.amazon.com/
digitalocean.com

>news
linkpool releases bridges medium.com/linkpool/welcoming-bridges-chainlink-adaptor-framework-14437feb4331
CLC may or may not be a scam
1k eoy

user has a fix for accessing dashboard on aws

previous thread

Attached: 1429_fbprLenh.jpg (1024x576, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

komodoplatform.com/the-promise-of-smart-contracts-and-the-oracle-problem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Neetnode general
>no a single fucking mention of EaaS
Nice try Timo.

gimme a link and I'll add it on the next one faggot
I'm adding information to the op as the threads get responses
don't worry I'm realizing all of like 4 link holders on this board are going to run a node so this thread will be archived in a few hours

we need a mining rig like oraclize?

giving a bump.
i am brainlet but from the system reqs listed above it sounds like it will not take too much to run.

There are a few more. Hopefully I get time to work on my node tonight

Nigga, I want to run a node, but I'm lazy af. When I consider paying for fiews, for clc, and for hosting, seems like I'd probably be better off just skipping all that shit and staking on linkpool.

THIS. let the fucking nerds do that shit.

fiews.io

This is what I am going to use. I didn't realize how quick it was to grab a Ethereum node from here. A click here and there and you're good to go. Now to figure out how to use it...

made that pic back in 2017, feels good

what should i label that as? Ethereum as a service?
im new to this concept because ive always just hosted my own node.

komodoplatform.com/the-promise-of-smart-contracts-and-the-oracle-problem/

Market sell every stinky, it's not coming back guise

Keep em coming, buddy

this looks promising.

>12 replies

so comfy watching this over spammed coin die

Personally i'm still digesting the past 2 of these and have nothing further to contribute. I do read them though

i got some free digital ocean money should i set up a node on there, think it's like 10 months worth of hosting

Yeah, EaaS. For me, hosting my own Ethereum node isn't viable because local utility plant has blackouts every so often. And my Internet provider is not the best. Likewise, I'm hosting my Chainlink node through Amazon.

alright ill add it next thread under EaaS

Actually keked good job user

Attached: 46ED5767D3D3438DB84BED44BEB09E9C.jpg (3000x4000, 1.27M)

Hey anons been away for a while. last i read, clcg was basically fudding independent nodes saying without their service my node will be shit. Realistically, what's the cost per month of running a basic AWS node with only essentials?

>Realistically, what's the cost per month of running a basic AWS node with only essentials?
Literally zero.

Hello marines. I have a question that I hope can be answered. The question is as follows: will I, with my 20k linkies, be able to operate a hosted node remotely from my wilderness hideout with just a few hours of maintenance per week? And will half of my node earnings be enough for me to live comfortably?

Yes; probably; we don't know, but probably not.

bump

how much will a bag of 1k link give in staking each month?

Realistically, probably $8000 to 10000 per month