Another shady IPO process in effect. Lyft has fallen +50% after its bloated offering, after you know...

another shady IPO process in effect. Lyft has fallen +50% after its bloated offering, after you know... they halted trading for 3 hours, while institutions(the only ones allowed to place bids at the time) ran the price up.

but don't worry, if you missed out on that, it's happening again! right now! Pinterest was supposed to open in the $15-17 range but GUESS WHAT!!! It's been halted, and now the price has been raised to $19! Those cheeky institutions. Price is expected to open at $22. I can already see the headlines an hour from now: "PINTEREST DEBUTS WITH 130% RISE OFF IPO PRICE OMGGOMGOMGOMG BUY NOW BUY BUY BUY!!!!"

when a more honest headline would read "PINTEREST DELAYED, INSTITUTIONS DRIVE BIDS UP, AIMS TO FUCK RETAIL INVESTORS"

if it isn't baffling enough that they get away with this, its incomprehensible that people literally defend this behavior

Attached: dsfhbdxfbnxd.jpg (800x600, 90K)

Pinterest is way better than Lyft tho

you mean it will go down 60%

i'm not a fan of trading stocks because i know companies like jpm are scams. I do own 1ORCL but I have a feeling because of jpms 3 page long terms and conditions i only own like half of it or wont be able to cash out when i want. My tinfoil hat needs another layer

when did u get into trading IPO's?

Hey, spoiler for you here, it's all fucking rigged. The purpose of the market these days is to legally rob the public. The only people who make money are those that happen to be fortunate enough to put money on the right side of the robbery and hold it there with enough conviction that those doing the robbing figure it's more expensive to kick you out than it is to keep you in. Go watch the Time and Sales on most stocks and recognize 90% of that shit is fake because as you said, the real action is taking place through channels that are inaccessible to the public. It's all bots passing shares back and forth to other bots that then after hours reset everything and see who they caught.

this
a big concern of mine is trading bots. HOWEVER if the bots are that good wouldnt they phase eachother out? Tech industry seems like the one and only way 4 me

you're right, pinterest doesn't lose nearly as much money as lyft does............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

i didn't, just abhorred by the manner in which they're LEGALLY done. blows my fucking mind that people turn a blind eye to this bullshit and ACTULLY FUCKING BELIEVE THIS IS FOR THEIR BENEFIT

It's insane, but it's symptomatic of where we're at as a nation. This shit got especially bad following the dotcom boom and the global financial crisis. If you examine the components you see a lot of really unusual shit (an understatement I guess) taking place over the last decade. Monetary policy, market microstructure policy (short sell restriction re-implemented for example), these wacky IPO pump and dumps on the public, a pandemic of HFTs, prop shops disintegrating or transitioning to "education" companies, the rise of crypto, and even all of the bizarre political escapades both at home and abroad. There's some really rotten things occurring on a fundamental level and the corruption is widespread.

Just a real example I used to be able to day trade (I swing trade now) and pull about a 70% win rate on my trades, but now if you day trade or try to scalp, it's the most hilarious experience you'll ever have. You can legitimately paint the price action of the market in the short term with position sizes you wouldn't expect would make a shit of a difference. If they'll wreck you for $5.00 of profit on a 100 share position, 10 times in a row, they'll certainly structure IPOs to obliterate the entire public and the corruption is so rampant and widespread that the people who are probably responsible to preventing that sort of thing are actively participating themselves.

OPENS AT 23.75!!!!!!!! LMAO WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. NO ONE COULD FUCKING BUY OTHER THAN SHADY SHIT INSTITUTIONS. NOW THEY'RE SELLING TO RETAILERS AT A FUCKING 25% PREMIUM

>fucking called pic related

Attached: asrgseh.png (220x295, 55K)

Don't like it? Don't buy and let the insutions baghold worthless overvalued tech companies.

liking or hating it has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. and if you truly believe that's what this post is about you've missed the point ENTIRELY.

its HOW IN THE FUCK IS THIS ACCEPTED AND ALLOWED

if you're an investor of ANY KIND, this bullshit behavior should have you absolutely seething with anger

World isn't fair. Deal with it. Buy some more ico tokens and signal that you want a change.

OP sounds like a brainlet

PINS is one of the best IPOs in the last few years

they are going to add video and a bunch of other things

they're already profitable too

stay poor faggot

Trips confirm

>its incomprehensible that people literally defend this behavior

Why do you can what scams other people buy into? This is biz, home of the pajeet shitcoin shillers and furious bagholders. If we cared about other people’s financial misery we would have all offed ourselves by now

because we're all trying to make it, so fuck the norm. just because everyone else is retarded, doesn't mean you have to be too

They're trolling and if they aren't, they're ignorant to the very basic observable evidence which means they're either idiots or lazy. Why bother with them? Keep doing what you're doing and ignore them. I don't think there's much you can do but raise awareness and hope that for every dipshit that pops up, there is some multiple of that who you inform or are already in agreement hoping you keep it up. It's a nice change of pace to the usual garbage around here.

Lyft hasn't fallen 50%, lrn2basicmath moron.
Retard money shouldn't trade IPOs.

Attached: IPO2.png (942x402, 10K)

dude are you insinuating that the stock market is manipulated? cmon man. no FUCKING way is that possible with the regulations in place.

If it's gonna tank then just buy puts, nigga