He stores his wealth in shiny rocks or internet money

>he stores his wealth in shiny rocks or internet money

Attached: 20190419_195117.jpg (4032x2268, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/11/quality-fake-supernotes-found-seoul-fan-suspicions-north-korea/
thestar.com/sports/hockey/2016/08/05/wayne-gretzky-rookie-card-fetches-record-465k-at-auction.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nsCuNF8ly9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bitcoin is pokemon, alts are yugioh

It’s crazy how that’s a 45k card now.

nah that charizard is only worth 200$ on a good day, but ye the 1st edition version graded 10 has gone for that much

Hey bro, gimme a hand. Which pokemon is this?

Attached: th.jpg (474x406, 39K)

Fakes will be 100% indistinguishable and undetectable within 10 years. Have fun.

Attached: 2018-maccoin-90s-holdered-front_lg.jpg (625x887, 166K)

looks like one of the new gen pokemons

some of the records ive bought have appreciated in value quite a lot, but i dont think i could sell them unless i was desperate and link went to zero overnight

Daily reminder Adam Sessler ripped one of these in half on X-Play.

its' all smoke and mirrors. just because one person bought it for that price, doesn't mean it's actually worth that much

>source: found my old pokemon cards, was super stoked, realized only 1-2 of the cards ever sold for insane amounts, rest just sit there at that price with no one is willing to pay

how will they age the fakes? These cards are twenty years old, and even baseball cards from the early 1900's that go for 100s of thousands don't have indistinguishable fakes

if you get into card investing a jeweler's loupe is highly recommended

>hurr someone asking for $45k on ebay, must be worth that much
i fucking hate dumb niggers like you, just die

oh also, since no one buys anyway, if you want even the slightest chance of getting your cards bought, you have to pay out the ass to get them graded, which is a hilarious racket in of itself. if your cards are graded anything less than a 10, you pretty much pissed away your money and gained nothing in return

Yet. 10 years.

> not PSA 10 1st
Pleb. A year ago I was looking to buy one for nostalgia, but there were only two on ebay at that time and both of them were overpriced.

the cards that sat in binders didn't age well even if double sleeved. I also have a twenty year binder and if I got it graded they'd likely only receive 6s or 7s because of whitening and such on the edges
1st edition ungraded charizards go for like 300$
rated 9 go for about 5,000
and 10 and over 30,000$
so grade is the most important aspect to cards

it sold for that much, and even if it's staged by highend collectors to artificially up the value, there are rare cards that only have 1-20 copies in existence that were given at tournaments and contents that go for over 10,000$ without being artificially inflated

DUDE I'LL BUY THE WHOLE FUCKING STACK
NAME YOUR PRICE

Attached: 1531604674245.jpg (349x372, 33K)

Based

Attached: bitcoin brainlet.png (1280x1573, 3.27M)

psa 9s will usually net 3-4$ if you get the bulk 8$ rate and 10s will net you about 5-7$. And these are for cards I can go to walmart and buy the packs for right now

I unironically have been wanting to buy some of these just to have them.

I want to buy at least one of every unopened 1st Gen pack and frame them. Probably isnt that expensive either if you buy the ones without holos.

Attached: image32.jpg (2592x1936, 1.64M)

Grading prevents that to some extent. People will just stop buying non-graded cards. If/when fakes become so good that not even pro graders can tell the difference, then people will just stop buying newly graded ones.

i sold all my pokemon cards on Ebay back in 2004 for 32 bucks. had like 200, no energies, all base set. i specifically remember having a 1st edition holographic blastoise in there. kill me

How exactly do the graded cards retain any value in that situation?
Unironically this is one of the most bullish things about crypto.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/11/quality-fake-supernotes-found-seoul-fan-suspicions-north-korea/

Nobody knows about my first edition charizards or my original nintendo, sega genesis, or ps one. I've got quite the stash of nerd gold tucked away.

yep weighed and not 1st edition should be less than 70$ except for base which are still less than 200$. Interestingly enough they grade packs too if you want to buy mint conditions ones but anything graded has a huge premium

on the microscopic level there hasn't been any forgeries

for a bit people were actually forging 1st edition stamps and sending them in and they got graded as "real", but using a microscope you can see if they're fake or not

example pic

Attached: stamp comparisons.png (824x935, 1.75M)

Once again, true enough at the moment. Do that same test in 10 years.
See also: rare video game cartridges. The fakes are fairly easy to spot... for now.

I see no reason to get a pack graded if it's light and/or not 1st edition. The psa/beckett cases are ugly id rather have them lined up in a nice frame or something. Rare cards are a different story though. Would love to have something like Pic related behind glass or something.

Attached: 5002220406390005017.jpg (628x1000, 198K)

DDS-001 Blue eyes white dragon.

How much does that go for now?

The American version only goes for about 20-50$ graded in mint condition. Still great for a card that was given out for free to everyone watching the movie.

>Not investing in mtg cards
Way to lose money with your chinkamon cards

you guys seeing detective pikachu opening weekend to get your detective pikachu promo cards?

Not storing your wealth in blue eyes white dragon cards. Never going to make it.

Attached: dusaen043__51605.1490823704.jpg (460x680, 49K)

This is my retirement fund right here, kek.

Attached: 5BE7B48E-D5D3-41B7-A7C1-7EAEA24F7B18.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

you do understand that they can be counterfeited by a semi-competent print shop, don't you?

that's why people buy graded ones, and non graded go for nothing

also most people over estimate the conditions of their cards and they believe keeping them in binders and never touching will retain their mint condition, collectors only buy graded cards

Bro your fucking up

Long beanie babies!

>pokemon cards

kek stay poor

thestar.com/sports/hockey/2016/08/05/wayne-gretzky-rookie-card-fetches-record-465k-at-auction.html

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Sport cards definitely trump any TCGs, even magic.

Tulip Mania
Beanie Babies
Cabbage Patch Kids
Funk Pops
'80s, 90's baseball cards

These are all bubbles.

WoTC era pokemon cards are natural growth that has taken twenty years and most of them in mint condition are still affordable to the common man. Pokemon hasn't seen an unsustainable bubble yet.

Isn't that a digimon?

I unironically sold my pokemon cards and bought bitcoin, then I cashed out after that went up and bought gold. If gold doubles I will have made over a million dollars doing nothing. Get fucked boomers, make sure to give me a firm handshake before you mow my lawn.

gold will do a -1.2% over a course of 7 years though. If you're lucky +1.4%

either way, boomers got BTFO

*a jew'$ loupe

property value+401k+pension
Most boomers are easily over 1m$ valuation

He's probably regretting that now. Imagine how much cocaine and Nazi punching you could do for all the money that card was worth?

>What are leverage and derivates

>Sport cards definitely trump any TCGs, even magic.
til boomers die

youtube.com/watch?v=nsCuNF8ly9A

Attached: misty.jpg (1000x1415, 318K)

theyre not even 1st ed. i suppose if youre lucky you can sell charizard to get some groceries

>unlimited edition
>not rated 10

Do you actually think mass printed psa 9's are going to increase in value?

>he stores his wealth in shiny magical animal game cards

pic related is what you should be buying

Attached: clementerc.jpg (1600x1076, 427K)

Baseball is a dying game.

>he thinks those will be worth anything in the apocalyptic wasteland to come...

Attached: 245436457586.jpg (250x246, 12K)